Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

LancsVillan

**** so hope Collins or Dunne get injured in the warm up!
That is probably the only positive thing that could come of today.

Quality support that!

You're such a better fan than me... I admit it :?

Not trying to be a better fan than anyone - (im not that sad). Just hardly getting behind the team is it?

I'm fully behind the team. Unfortunately, by the looks of it, the only way that is going to force the manager's hand to drop one of the two worst centre-halves in the league would be an injury to one of them. It's sad that its come to this point, but GH has proven himself to be totally and utterly clueless on a par with GT Mk.II standards and it's sickening.

Well we dont know yet he may change things today. After all Carlos has been injured and may not have been fully fit for previous games. Not to mention the possibility that Cuellar maybe be even worse than Dunne/Collins in training.

Also, Dunne and Collins were outstanding last season, and can hopefully recapture that form. A home game against West Brom should be a real possibility for them to start a good run of form. Hopefully anyway

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality support that!

Not trying to be a better fan than anyone - (im not that sad). Just hardly getting behind the team is it?

I'm fully behind the team. Unfortunately, by the looks of it, the only way that is going to force the manager's hand to drop one of the two worst centre-halves in the league would be an injury to one of them. It's sad that its come to this point, but GH has proven himself to be totally and utterly clueless on a par with GT Mk.II standards and it's sickening.

Well we dont know yet he may change things today. After all Carlos has been injured and may not have been fully fit for previous games. Not to mention the possibility that Cuellar maybe be even worse than Dunne/Collins in training.

Also, Dunne and Collins were outstanding last season, and can hopefully recapture that form. A home game against West Brom should be a real possibility for them to start a good run of form. Hopefully anyway

I really do admire your optimism, however I think they've had more than enough time to do that. I think any other team under sane management would have had one of them gone by now. I also believe YIM who says Cuellar is 100% fit.

Quality support that!

I really do admire your optimism, however I think they've had more than enough time to do that. I think any other team under sane management would have had one of them gone by now. I also believe YIM who says Cuellar is 100% fit.

I wouldnt be surprised if Houlliers not impressed with his facebook account tbh. He does like 100% professionalism. Even if he doesnt display it himself.

IF Houllier knew about the facebook account and didn't like it then he would of told Cuellar and Cuellar would of finished with it :lol:

By the way, I really don't think Houllier cares if Cuellar has facebook, what is that even got to do with anything!?!??

As for training, Chris Brunt said about Odemwingie, he's not a good trainer but once he's on the pitch, he's excellent for them and runs his socks off. So even if you do say Cuellar isn't as good in training (which to me would be bollocks) then should that really matter when your defenders are playing so badly. Surely what matters most is pitch results, as Houllier said, we've won 4 games under him, Cuellar played in 3 of those (his only 3 games too!!!) so surely on that basis, he should play.

There is no excuses. Just like when O'Neill used to (IMO) pick a wrong selection.

I've defended Houllier on this site plenty of times but when he makes bad choices, he deserves criticism.

IF Houllier knew about the facebook account and didn't like it then he would of told Cuellar and Cuellar would of finished with it :lol:

By the way, I really don't think Houllier cares if Cuellar has facebook, what is that even got to do with anything!?!??

As for training, Chris Brunt said about Odemwingie, he's not a good trainer but once he's on the pitch, he's excellent for them and runs his socks off. So even if you do say Cuellar isn't as good in training (which to me would be bollocks) then should that really matter when your defenders are playing so badly. Surely what matters most is pitch results, as Houllier said, we've won 4 games under him, Cuellar played in 3 of those (his only 3 games too!!!) so surely on that basis, he should play.

There is no excuses. Just like when O'Neill used to (IMO) pick a wrong selection.

I've defended Houllier on this site plenty of times but when he makes bad choices, he deserves criticism.

First of all - I didnt say Cuellar was a bad trainer, but i wouldnt play a player who couldnt be arsed in training like Odemwingie FWIW. Just my coaching philosophy.

Who says Houllier has to see Cuellars' facebook to not like it. Who says he has said anything to him?? He may have heard about i!! and just doesnt like it. Im not for one minute suggesting that its true - its just to highlight the fact we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors.

Im pretty sure Houllier isnt sat there thinking. "Cuellars amazing, he works way harder than them other two muppets, and hes way better too - I know, I'll not play him".

There has to be a reason!!

Perhaps he just doesnt fit with Houllier? If thats the case then (seen as Houlliers our manager) its better in the long run that Cuellar doesnt play.

A limp 1-0 defeat and a further nail in the coffin for this piss-poor manager we have been lumbered with.

I hope we win though, it will be a nightmare at work on Monday if we lose (I work in West Brom)... :cry:

First of all - I didnt say Cuellar was a bad trainer, but i wouldnt play a player who couldnt be arsed in training like Odemwingie FWIW. Just my coaching philosophy.

Who says Houllier has to see Cuellars' facebook to not like it. Who says he has said anything to him?? He may have heard about i!! and just doesnt like it. Im not for one minute suggesting that its true - its just to highlight the fact we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors.

Im pretty sure Houllier isnt sat there thinking. "Cuellars amazing, he works way harder than them other two muppets, and hes way better too - I know, I'll not play him".

There has to be a reason!!

Perhaps he just doesnt fit with Houllier? If thats the case then (seen as Houlliers our manager) its better in the long run that Cuellar doesnt play.

Not really because Collins and Dunne conceding 2/3 a game certainly I hope doesn't fit into long term plans. :|

Of course there is a reason, he doesn't rate Cuellar better than the other two. Doesn't make him right. Certainly at the moment, it's a terrible decision. I hope to God both players pick up form so it's not even a debate but it shouldn't even be a debate that Cuellar should be playing, it's just daft how Houllier is sticking to the same pair. It's because he thinks they are the best two. In my opinion and I'd say the majority...he's wrong...OR at least Cuellar should be given the chance to prove him wrong. We can't exactly get any worse at the back. The thing is, it's not even one defender, you could drop any of them for Cuellar.

I wouldnt be surprised if Houlliers not impressed with his facebook account tbh. He does like 100% professionalism. Even if he doesnt display it himself.

His FB says nothing negative whatsoever, it's like a fan site basically. H

e has another account but with another last name, not gonna mention it on here, but even that one says nothing negative whatsoever.

Cuellar is 100% fit. Talked to a mutual friend who believes at the most maybe he can play at RB as a sub (even though he doesn't want to play there). Dunne and Collins starting.

His FB says nothing negative whatsoever, it's like a fan site basically. H

e has another account but with another last name, not gonna mention it on here, but even that one says nothing negative whatsoever.

Cuellar is 100% fit. Talked to a mutual friend who believes at the most maybe he can play at RB as a sub (even though he doesn't want to play there). Dunne and Collins starting.

Not saying it is negative.

MUST. WIN. GAME.

Even a draw won't be enough. The first goal here will be absolutely vital. If we get it then the confidence levels should go up.

If they get it then the crowd will get restless, the demons will be out and I just can't see how an already fragile Villa will get back into it.

Having said that I am going 2-1 win

Must win game indeed. We're nearly half way through the season and we've only got 17 points ffs. I don't give a tinker's cuss how we play. Just grind out the win and get the points please. Kick Odemwingie (if he's playing) off the park if necessary.

Must win game indeed. We're nearly half way through the season and we've only got 17 points ffs. I don't give a tinker's cuss how we play. Just grind out the win and get the points please.

Agreed!

As most fans are aware this is an important game.

For some time now I have been calling for the return of the mighty Spaniard CC,and its evident why. Put him at right back with Collins and Dunne in the middle and I think we will have a good chance of keeping a clean sheet.

Simple

With three big centre backs this will help us to:-

- Dominate headers

- Dominate tackles

- Dominate blocks

- Dominate set pieces both attacking and defending.

I don't think its a coincidence that he last game he played in we won and he got MON.

We had a great defence last year when he played right back - this is a Fact. this year our defence has been a shambles.!

BRING BACK CC!!!

Lets look forward to a Heskey Hatrick!

-

he would of told Cuellar.

No offence meant in any way mate but could you please not use 'of' when it should be 'have'. Then I'll be able to read your posts again and you probably talk a lot of sense.

Anyway, I think to be a successful manager you absolutely can't overreact. If 2 quality CB's suddenly start to drop form then it's wise to give them a few games to pick it up. The time to give up and switch it around is probably about now.