YankeeinMadrid

Who will win El Clásico?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win El Clásico?

• Barcelona
    • Real Madrid
    • Draw

Mourinho:

"it was the worst defeat but with this defeat we must accept it . We weren't able to win this match with this result.

It was a deserved victory and a deserved defeat.

The difference between the teams is at the end of the season. Madrid needs more work to be ready.

Sad result and we must accept the defeat.

I spoke to them (team) for two minutes and i told them the championship is not over."

I don't think any team would of coped with what went on to be honest, Mourinho was almost a no win situation, had he played a defensive minded team, they would of lost IMO, maybe tighter, 2/3-0 but even then he would of been questioned for negative tactics, he went with the team been so successful and they got smashed yet supporters will still probably moan. They're just not good enough.

Never seen anything like that. Every single Barca player was a 10/10.

Even players like Abidal, who, I usually dont think is up to Barca passed and moved extremely well.

This win was even more impressive than the 6-2 a couple of years ago. Messi in the 2nd half absolutely ran the show, Villa was so sharp and tricky I dont think any back 4 in the world would have stopped him scoring a couple.

Xavi's best game in a while as well, and thats saying something.

After the scuffle between Pep and Ronaldo, it was game over, Pep knew exactly what to do and Valdes and Inesta capitalised on it, nullifying ANY threat Ronaldo did have.

After half time I wouldnt have even known Ronaldo was on the pitch after 50 minutes.

Pedro - what a talented kid he's going to be, on top of how goos he already is..

I think in the next 10 years, Barca will win the Champions League at least 3 times...they really are an incredible club with the BEST youth academy.

Just sensational..

Some more amazing facts about the game:

Barcelona Complete Over 600 Passes In 5-0 Mauling Of Real Madrid

Xavi said to be the best on the pitch

Barcelona completed over 600 passes during their 5-0 crushing of Real Madrid on Monday evening in La Liga's Clasico encounter at Camp Nou.

With 684 passes attempted by the hosts and 89% completed, in total 608.76 balls found their Blaugrana target.

Madrid, meanwhile, managed a completion rate of 74% - almost three in four - of 331 passes, meaning that 224.94 reached a white shirt.

In total Barcelona held just over two thirds of possession at 67% to 33%, while they had 15 attempted shots to Real Madrid's 5.

Of those shots, 6 of Barcelona's 15 found the target, and of course, five found the net. Real Madrid tested Victor Valdes just twice.

Also worthy of note were the passing exploits of Barcelona midfielder Xavi, who managed 110 passes in his 87 minutes on the pitch.

Barca-Real

15 Shots 5

6 On Target 2

684 Passes 331

89% Complete Passes 74%

67% Possession 33%

12 Fouls 16

I expected a Barca win, fairly comfortably tbh. But never expected such an inept performance from Madrid. They may as well have stayed at home, they should be ashamed of themselves for the way they conducted themselves at the end.

The result that comes out of that game is that sexy football triumphs over José's defensive tactics.

One more thing - If you have Messi on your team, you shouldn't be allowed 11 players. He's too good. :lol:

Fantastic match. The link-up play between Messi and Villa for the third and fourth goals was a joy to watch. Actually the entire play from Barcelona was a joy to watch.

However, Real Madrid were very poor and gave them far too much space.

I don't like the way people are banging on about the Spanish league saying it is so much better than the PL. It's not. The only team that can play football like that in Spain did it last night. One team doesn't make an entire league better.

Barcelona really are a joy to watch though. They retain the ball so well and every attack is so well thought out. Beautiful stuff!

I think la liga is pretty strong to be honest.

If you put Getafe or vallavoid against wigan or wolves I think the spainards would win. Just because the english teams are full of 6ft power houses, dont let that fool you. The spanish teams just refuse to turn to powerhouses to play football, they're all purists who care about how they play.. which is why they are so likely as a nation to sustain their dominance in world football.

Â