• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Bannan
    • Delfouneso
    • Agbonlahor (for Delfouneso 64)
    • Ireland (for Albrighton 81)
    • Lichaj (for Bannan 90+3)

Not sure what Houllier was thinking when he took Delfouneso off though.

To give Gabby some minutes on the pitch I would think.

I'm sure it wasn't because Delfouneso wasn't doing the business.

He scored 2 great goals tonight!

He could (and should) have taken off Clark and played 4-4-2

Plenty of other ways of giving Gabby a game that taking someone off who had started slowly, got a goal disallowed for nothing, which fired him up no end and he'd just started to look like the real deal, he scores a goal, then he's off. How deflating must that have been?

He could have taken Albrighton or Bannan off to facilitate the reintroduction of Gabby or a few other ways too. I understand giving Gabby a chance, I don't understand taking the Fonz's moment of the season away from him, that was both cruel and possibly harmful.

Houllier had only been saying we need to start scoring goals, he commented on the Fonz specifically at the end of the last match and then he does that? Utterly baffling

Bannan and Young CM? bit light weight in my opinion.

Plenty of other ways of giving Gabby a game that taking someone off who had started slowly, got a goal disallowed for nothing, which fired him up no end and he'd just started to look like the real deal, he scores a goal, then he's off. How deflating must that have been?

He could have taken Albrighton or Bannan off to facilitate the reintroduction of Gabby or a few other ways too. I understand giving Gabby a chance, I don't understand taking the Fonz's moment of the season away from him, that was both cruel and possibly harmful.

Houllier had only been saying we need to start scoring goals, he commented on the Fonz specifically at the end of the last match and then he does that? Utterly baffling

Amen brother :nod:

Personally I'd have taken Albrighton off, moved Ash wide , played 4 − 4 − 2

Personally I'd have taken Albrighton off, moved Ash wide , played 4 − 4 − 2

Fair enough.

I'd of made the same substitution but I'd of waited a bit longer, I can understand what he's trying to do, I don't think it's as big of a deal as your making it out but I think it was a bit early to make the sub just after the goal. I think Young was super dangerous in the second half in the hole and it was clearly working in the second half. Though, he really could of waited to see how the next 5-10 minutes panned out.

Collins is lucky he scored the winner cuz he was at fault for both of theirs :angry: And no I don't mean the unlucky deflection for the 2nd one, I mean letting his man get away before the move even developed that far. Cuéllar against United please thank you. What does he have to do to get into the side.

Anyone else think Holloway's after match interview was abit shit and bitchy.
No. Last season McCarthy came out with a meek interview after doing that and Wolves got in trouble. The reporter broached the subject with Holloway who rammed it down his throat in no uncertain terms. He was absolutely right to a) pick the team he did and B) answer the interviewer in the manner he did. He manages that club, it's his job to keep them up and he'll do it as he sees fit. No-one from the FA or Sky loses their job on the back of Blackpool getting relegated so they should keep their noses out of it. Holloway wears his heart on his sleeve and is honest to a fault and more power to him :thumb:

Might need a super slow mo but is it possible the Fonz goal was an OG from the defender stretching his leg in?

100% not, the way the ball curled towards the far corner makes that almost impossible. Unless the Blackpool player can kick the ball, curl it while making a slide so it looks like a perfect finish.

He hit it just as the defender made the tackle, definitely Delfouneso though, can tell by the way the ball went into the net.

In car on way home.

Dissapointed with some reactions on here as I'm still on a high

Bannan was the best player in the game I was watching. The kid is special. Just out of interest, were any/many of you guys there? We should have won by a healthy margin, all things considered it was a good effort.

Yep, I was there and I'm wondering why Bannan didn't get more praise on here, he was excellent. It was like watching Stan Petrov but he could spread a 60 yard ball onto someone's toe.

Referee was shocking. Dunne was as bad. Ireland pretty bad.

Ash was really good 2nd half, much better than other games this season. Delfouneso looked a bit shit in the first half and I slated him saying he'll never make it. Then scores a perfectly good goal ruled out, then scores a brilliant goal. First touch was immense.

Got the win, and that's the most important thing. Roll on Saturday!

Â