• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Bannan
    • Delfouneso
    • Agbonlahor (for Delfouneso 64)
    • Ireland (for Albrighton 81)
    • Lichaj (for Bannan 90+3)

Ireland was absolutely chronic when he sauntered on last night. I think I counted his first 3 touches/passes and they all went tits up

That simple ball he should've played to Downing which went out for a throw in just about summed him up

Bad attitude at the moment. If his career goes down the pan he'll only have himself to blame

it's the 2nd home game running we've lost the toss. disgrace.

Ha ha ha, a 50/50 chance game.

Disgrace!!! ha ha

I agree, our decision making when it comes to the toss has gone down the pan since Petrov got injured, sort it out Gerard!! Anyone know of any decent players with good coin toss guessing skills available in Jan?

FEW!!....

A win at last. Such a relief.

Firstly the game itself. We looked very nervous in the first half and were struggling to get momentum. Our experienced lads were not running the game. Ashley and Downing were very off key so 1-1 was a fair reflection on the first half. The second half was a different story. Ash and Downing were terrific totally different players and were causing Blackpool alot of problems. Bannan and Albrighton gained in confidence after the break and delivered top class performances. Bannan's vision, touch and work-rate are sublime. I think this lad has a big future. Albrighton ran his heart out as usual and delivered excellent cross after cross. His delivery is so consistent and he is already a huge player for us.

We did look very nervous at times but we had a very young inexperienced midfield and striker, add this to the fact we had not won in 6 games after conceding late on numerous times, so nerves were always going to be a factor. Blackpool also were not going to just roll over.

The second thing which im going to mention which really discusted me was our "fans". I usually sit in L6 rows E and F but yesterday i was in L5 row L and ive got to say the left side of me was sound and they were frustrated fans yes we all were at times but not stupidly negative. The right side of me however was a complete joke. Moan,Moan, Moan. "I wish ashley would leave he's a joke" "Houllier is just soo old and clueless" "Typical c-r-a-p villa" "DJ Downing not doing anything as usual". This rubbish is all they said. No support for the lads whatsoever. The fact that were relying on inexperienced youngsters who haven't played in the premier league before this season didn't make them have abit of patience. The fact we have got 4-5 Key players out injured didn't make them think about being patient and The fact we have got a manager still settling in without any real options available to him due to injuries, didnt make them think and actually try and support the team.

Yes we all get frustrated but to totally dedicate the 90 minutes to moaning totally lacks intelligence and decency. One guy next to me stormed out at half time and didn't return...lovely. I wont be sitting in L5 again in a hurry after that.

All in all though 3 points, Gabby's return, terrific performances from Bannan, Albrighton and a goal for Nathan are all that matters...... Onwards and Upwards....

PS it has to be said. The ref lastnite was awful. He made Phil Dowd look competent!!

Chindie, you have to admit at times in the second half we played some great stuff, With Ashley Young at the heart of it. It could have easily been 6-2 instead of 3-2.

I think the important words there say it all - 'at times' 'second half' 'some great stuff' (though I didn't see much that was great, more a little that was good) and 'it could' have been.

The rest of the time it was pretty dire, and first half was probably worse than dire given the opposition. I was shocked for vast swathes of that half to see Blackpool's entire outfield camped in our half and us clueless as what to do about it.

Occasionally we looked decent and second half was certainly an improvement but I'm still not entirely impressed at all by it.

I'm just quietly grateful we won.

Folks, I don't know what people will think of this but...

I work with a lady who has set up a website called Learn to believe. It is a spiritual site about believing in God, which she clearly does. Yesterday I joked with her about saying a prayer for a Villa victory and she asked me to post the request on her website. I tried to do this but for some reason couldn't manage to do it due to being at work and having restricted access. Anyway, she said she would pray for a Villa victory for me and low and behold we got one! She says that she cannot promise anything good will happen but she is willing to ask God for his help in our time of need.

Now, we all know that this won't mean a win all the time, otherwise we would be Champions League winners next season and that clearly is beyond even the great man, surely? :winkold:

I am not religiously minded but any kind of help is better than none at all IMO. So today she asked me to post something on here to thank her for her prayers, which is what she asked me to do before I left work yesterday, should we win. So, this is me saying thanks to her for her prayers and keeping my side of the bargain. Obviously, the request will be going in again for Saturday's game against Manure because we will probably need a lot more help for that one :)

If anyone else feels the need for some kind of divine intervention, you can leave your prayers for a Villa victory here www.learntobelieve.webs.com (another side of the agreement was to put her web address on here)

By the way, she aims to set up a page especially for Villa fans to leave their requests.

Bannan is good with the ball, but I think he only brake up one attac the entire game. I am afraid that ManU will eat us up in the central midfield. Our defense cannat been all taht bad, that some seems to think. If we forget the terrible Newcaste game, we have conceded less then one goal per game. Some people also seems to think that is just the back four that defends. The defending starts with the man on top!

My reaction is one of relief. I am not too bothered how we got the result, the important thing is the boost in confidence gained from the win. When you're on a winless run, then to break that run is the important thing, then hope to build from there. The performances and results will improve with confidence.

From my view of the MotD highlights. Delf took his goal superbly, and the shape and timing of his run was superb and belies his years. Ashley Young looked very lively, being involved with the first two goals and the unfairly disallowed goal. The Defence were caught out a few too many times for my liking. I would like to see Dunne and Cueller in the middle. Dunne wins over Collins due to the fact I think a Collins/Culler partnership would be too slow.

Overall though, I'm pleased as I feared the worst when I saw the HT score and we'd been pegged back to 1-1.

Couldn't see the game but well pleased with the win. For me, especially with all those injuries more or less forcing us to play with 4 kids in the starting line up, that's all that matters. And tbf, it's even better knowing we had those kids on and to see them perform is great.

Was talking with a girl I really wanna hook up with on the phone when I saw that Campbell made it 2-2 and had a hard time trying not to fire away all kind of bad words very loud. But she couldn't help notice the little grunt I let out and had to ask what that was all about. Luckily I've already told her about my passion for Villa so she just sighed a bit. :D Collins goal just ended up in a minor sigh of relief that I don't she even noticed. That pretty much summed up my take of the game. :P

The win'll do but far from impressed with that performance.
Agreed. I will not take a desperate, nervy scrappy win against a team many think should not be in the league and who started the game with ten changes as a sign we have turned any corner or that a brave new dawn has arrived at VP

Â