• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Bannan
    • Delfouneso
    • Agbonlahor (for Delfouneso 64)
    • Ireland (for Albrighton 81)
    • Lichaj (for Bannan 90+3)

Not a convincing win by any means. The crumb of comfort was Delfonso took his chance well - and was unlucky to have another chalked off. His performance wasn't great esp in the first half - but so long as he keeps popping them in - that'll do.

There equaliser was bif fortunate for them - but also a comedy of errors from Ireland, Dunne, Collins. The defence looked awful - we could have been 3 down in the first 7 minutes.

Ash young easily MOTM........but this performance doesn't convince me that we are on the dawn of a new era - we were running like headless chickens for a large portion of the game.

Couldn't give a supersonic flying **** how we played, or if we deserved it, or if we were playing against crap opposition, or if we were playing the crap opposition's boot boys...I'm just **** over the moon that we won.

Up the Villa!

my ratings:

friedel 6 - could do nothing about the goals

warnock 4 - bad season, loads of yellow cards and was torn apart today

dunne 6 - okay, nothing more

collins 5 - ok, he won the game but the campbells second was horrible defending

l young 5 - nothing special

downing 7 - lucky goal but had some great passes and crosses today

bannan 6 - wasnt involved enough

clark 5 - was he even on the pitch in the second half?

a young 6 - all over the place, needs to find a role and stick to it

albrighton 6 - needs to learn to pass early and not hold up the ball all the time

delf 7 - scored twice, **** the ref, and did the best that he could

subs:

gabby 6 - decent run out

ireland - not enough time

lichaj - same

the ref was the worst ive seen for a long time. the premier league and its refs are a disgrace, this is supposed to be

the biggest league in the world yet the refs are pathetic. clear goal, clear penalty and loads of other poor decisions.

Not great in parts but second half for 20 minutes, we absolutely battered them, sort of reminded me of when we played Burnley at home but we simply weren't as clinical and also got robbed by the Ref again with Fonz first.

Anyway,

Friedel - 6.5 - First goal, could of made it harder for Harewood, but apart from that, solid.

Young - 7 - Some great attacking runs but also needs to be quicker with his distribution.

Dunne - 7 - Pretty solid.

Collins - 6.5 - Made up for his socking error in the first half.

Warnock - 6 - Got raped by Matt Phillips.

Clark - 6 - Thought he struggled a little.

Bannan - 7 - struggled at times, but also when he got on the ball, he looked dangerous, maybe too many 'hollywood' balls but also some excellent passing.

Downing - 8 - His energy up and down the pitch was absolutely unbelievable. Good goal too.

Young - 8 - I thought he looked a lot better, especially 2nd half, finding good space and creating.

Albrighton - 7 - missed a great chance at 2-1, had a pretty decent game though.

Delfouneso - 7 - Overall game was okay, not brilliant but I don't think the teams performance helped, he had 2 chances and scored both. One was stupidly dissalowed though.

Btw, that Matt Phillips looked tasty.

Just saw the goal that wasnt given what a joke the defender makes no attempt to win the ball , clear goal .

It was!

Just saw the penalty incident , 100% penalty . The Ref has been pretty shambolic from what the highlights have shown.

He was!

Anyone else think Holloway's after match interview was abit shit and bitchy.

It was!

:wink:

Kenny Everett doing John McEnroe

THe only thing solid about that performance that was solid would get flushed down the pan

He was at fault for both their goals

Completely lost his man & caught at a standstill for the first and got in the way of Collins, who until that point was tracking his man for the second

Not sure what Houllier was thinking when he took Delfouneso off though.

To give Gabby some minutes on the pitch I would think.

I'm sure it wasn't because Delfouneso wasn't doing the business.

He scored 2 great goals tonight!

Kenny Everett doing John McEnroe

THe only thing solid about that performance that was solid would get flushed down the pan

He was at fault for both their goals

Completely lost his man & caught at a standstill for the first and got in the way of Collins, who until that point was tracking his man for the second

First goal I thought was Collins fault, he stepped up, never do that as a CB if you don't know what's behind you (in his case Young)....2nd goal, admittedly, at the game, haven't seen the replay.

From what I saw, I thought he was solid.

2nd, just seen a replay,wouldn't argue with that.

By the way, how bad Ireland. :shock:

Â