• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Bannan
    • Delfouneso
    • Agbonlahor (for Delfouneso 64)
    • Ireland (for Albrighton 81)
    • Lichaj (for Bannan 90+3)

How did Bannan do today? Haven't seen the game unfortunately.

Not particularly well, was quiet. It's to be expected at his age though, not sure he should be starting regularly. I hope to see Ireland in his place for the united game.

A Total **** disgrace against Blackpools reserves. Total **** joke. Only plus is we got 3 points. Somehow.

WTF are you talking about? We were easily the better side - should have been out of sight before their flukey 2nd goal

And 1 point behind 5th with an easy trip to Old Trafford this end. what's the panick? :P

The "Villa surrendered a lot of leads under O'Neill" thing is a myth, for a long time we were the team that lost from a winning position the least in the entire league, that dropped off a bit last season but it's been this year when we've been really bad with it

well we were good in some places and horrid in other places. i have to apologise for some of my slightly colourful language, it was a nail biting last 8 minutes.

a.young played well and was back to attacking instead of falling over, albrighton did some great stuff but then forgot he is not messi and instead of pass it on having ran 40 yards he tried too many times to go it alone.

fonz did not look good, until something clicked, his movement was then sharper and in 15 minutes, he scored 2 goals and was involved in some good build up play then was taken off?

albrigton started sorting out his decision making and got taken off?

dunne is either injured or has something bothering him, the defence needs a leader and at the moment it is not him.

dunne was great last year but his standards for what ever reasons, have not come up to last years.

we missed the drive of NRC and despite me really liking the look of young clark, we looked light weight in the middle against a team who play the ball rather than the player.

against a more physical team i fear we could get ripped a new arse hole just like newcastle did to us.

We won that game, deservedly, without any real luck.

We had a perfectly fine goal disallowed and a good shout for a pen turned down.

We battled hard without 3 of our first choice CMs and with a kid striker up front. Blackpool played with a bit of a swagger but without much quality, with the exception of Phillips, who is very good indeed. They pushed us hard but we didn't back down and deserved the win at the end of the day.

I voted Young MoTM but it could easily have been Downing as they were both very good - 3 assists and a goal between them.

It was a close game and Blackpool really attacked it, early on, to be fair. They were maybe unlucky not to get something out of it, but I think we deserved the win overall. They should have been leading at half time, but in the second half we carved them up and we were screwed out of one more goal and probably a penalty by the ref.

I'm torn between Downing and Young for MotM. Who put in the corner for the third goal?

Three unbeaten game in a row and we are in good position in the table, with Spurs and Pool; if we had kept the three points that we deserved at Fulham we'd be fifth, and having played the last games without Gabby and Emile. The manager is doing a good job.

fonz did not look good, until something clicked, his movement was then sharper and in 15 minutes, he scored 2 goals and was involved in some good build up play then was taken off?

I didn't understand this either. At our most dangerous, he takes off our striker and we look toothless again for another 10 minutes

We knocked and knocked at the door for the first half of the second half. Took a while before we scored though. I think because of a lack of form in front of goal and a bit of bad luck we haven't scored enough this season. I'm confident it will come with the attacking players in our team though.

We also should have had a penalty which may have finished it earlier than the 88th minute.

At least we got some entertainment which was more than in some of our games!

A win is a win. Clearly the performance level needs to be raised.

Good to see Young, Albrighton and Downing creating chances and Delf scoring.

Might be time for Cuellar to come back into the defence!

We were pretty shit against a shit team tbh.

We have a problem that we dont close down from the front, their back 4 shared most of the ball today and we just let them.

Looked alot better when Gabby come on even if he didnt do too much, Collins was playing some great balls all game, glad he capped off a great performance with a goal.

Crucial thing is Gabby getting the minutes and a hard worked 3 points. Anything less would have been a disaster.

In car on way home.

Dissapointed with some reactions on here as I'm still on a high

Bannan was the best player in the game I was watching. The kid is special. Just out of interest, were any/many of you guys there? We should have won by a healthy margin, all things considered it was a good effort.

A Total **** disgrace against Blackpools reserves. Total **** joke. Only plus is we got 3 points. Somehow.

WTF are you talking about? We were easily the better side - should have been out of sight before their flukey 2nd goal

And 1 point behind 5th with an easy trip to Old Trafford this end. what's the panick? :P

It's at Villa Park....

Â