Match Thread: DO NOT ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Redditch_Villa

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pleased.

Quick quiz, who was our last league goalscorer that wasn't Marc Albrighton?

No looking it up now.

Emile Heskey, 2-1 v Wolves.

up until the goal ( what I saw ) I was pleased with what I saw, considering the players in and out, we displayed some confidence and good energy and passing amongst the kids, definitely some work to do defensively at times , but several positives from the game so far, which is nice :lol:

I found that half incredibly satisfying. I wouldn't expect any team in the league could field 4 academy players and expect performances like that.

Barry Bannan is Paul Scholes.

Let's hope they can carry that forward for the full 90 minutes and get the result.

Like what I have seen from Fonz so far, I'll put the missed chances down to inexperience and the pressure of having to do well in the little time chances he's going to get, but he's contributed to the team play quite well.

Bannan has been superb, looked a better side since Clarke came in, whether that's down to Clarke coming in or not I'm not sure.

Impressed with the youngsters here. A few wayward passes etc but a real effort. Bannan is playing excellent, the Fonz is getting involved and seems to have a good understanding with some players (not Downing), Albrighton looks sharp and Clark has look composed since coming on. A few early scares on with the shape on the right side of the defence but other than that I won't be to picky.

Everyone that said Heskey can have a biscuit.

We're a strange lot at the moment, there is so much to enjoy - Albrighton, Bannan, Reo Coker was doing well, Downing is excellent in patches, Clark looks capable, Friedel is having a good season, Delfouneso looks sharp - but at the same time we look a bit unconvincing across the back, Ashley Young looks distracted and we just seem a bit brittle.

Marc Albrighton, Barry Bannan, Ciaran Clark, Nathan Delfouneso, all products of oour academy.

I get immense pride in seeing those four lads gracing the pitch.

:D

I found that half incredibly satisfying. I wouldn't expect any team in the league could field 4 academy players and expect performances like that.

Barry Bannan is Paul Scholes.

Let's hope they can carry that forward for the full 90 minutes and get the result.

If only we had Gardner, Delph and Wiemann fit...

:lol:

dudevillaisnice wrote:

hows fonz playing?

Should have scored a goal tbh.

or two, he's impressed...two header's just wide.

Must admit the youngster's have impressed.

Bannan's touch is simply class. Best moment apart from the sublime cross field pass was when he was back defending - took the ball off the player nearly twice his size, turned him & came away with the ball. Didn't need to tackle just worked the ball.

Warnock's played well. Pity Ashley looks out of sorts...come on Villa!

Just have to hope now that we dont defend to deep and try and see it out because fulham are going to throw the kitchen sink at us we need some sort of outlet.

And the referee does his job properly and dont give them any stupid decisions.