Match Thread: DO NOT ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Redditch_Villa

This is going to seem a bit of a strange thing to say, but I've seen Bannan a fair bit over the last three years and there's a lot more to come - we're seeing more of what he can do, but he's capable of absolutely dominating the tempo of games and moments of utter magic. If you're liking what you've seen so far, well, there's still more to come from him.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as i said on page 6 Bannan to have a stormer! the kid has looked class since NRC went off. On a side note think Clark is a better partner for Bannan he actually stays back so Bannan has freedom to run around and create unlike NRC who wanders too much.

Albrighton amazing goal super touch to set himself up. Fonz missed 2 headers but good positioning, very dissapointed with his decision after he was put through by Bannan though he needs to back his shot because you dont get chances like that too often in this league.

AYoung has been poor, should keep it more simple because his fancy stuff just isn't working.

Grinning with excitement about the second half

This is going to seem a bit of a strange thing to say, but I've seen Bannan a fair bit over the last three years and there's a lot more to come - we're seeing more of what he can do, but he's capable of absolutely dominating the tempo of games and moments of utter magic. If you're liking what you've seen so far, well, there's still more to come from him.

Good to hear, although I hope he's introduced into the team slowly. I think sometimes fan expect consistently brilliant performances from young players forgetting how inexperienced they are at this level. Looking forward to seeing more from Bannan.

Has anyone said choinks! yet?

Young is trying too hard to do something incredible with the ball and just looking like a headless chicken as a result. Bannan started a bit slow bit is growing with every minute. Thought we were screwed when NRC went off but it looks just the opposite.

That goal was like a basketballl alley-oop.

I hope we can keep our composure 2nd half.

Delfouneso went very close a few times. Hopefully one will drop for him this half.

Marc Albrighton, Barry Bannan, Ciaran Clark, Nathan Delfouneso, all products of oour academy.

I get immense pride in seeing those four lads gracing the pitch.

:D

I missed that part out.

It feels good to watch and yes immense pride is felt. I can be more forgiving and I'd rather watch them grow as players rather than watching crap come and go. I hope Houllier is right person to give them guidance.

Loved seeing the Fonz and Houllier have an in depth discussion at the end of the 2nd half. Keep it up in the 2nd half lads!

You get the impression that Young wants to take his rightful thrown as our star player, but is just trying too hard to do something special. He needs to simplify it down and go back to working with the wingers like he did against West Ham.

I've just watched the replay of the goal, it was such a good finish by Albrighton! He passed it perfectly into the corner.

Also, watching Albrighton run to hug Bannan after the goal, you can tell they've come through the ranks together :D

That's what we want! A team who plays for each other!

glad other people are also being positive about this game, was worried the spin machine might be in action again!

Ashley Young I guess is the disappointment so far, but it's good to see we've been able to carry him so far, obviously better if he upped his game naturally.

I've just watched the replay of the goal, it was such a good finish by Albrighton! He passed it perfectly into the corner.

Also, watching Albrighton run to hug Bannan after the goal, you can tell they've come through the ranks together :D

That's what we want! A team who plays for each other!

:thumb: