Match Thread: DO NOT ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Redditch_Villa

So we have had time to reflect on yesterday's derby.

imo, i see this game as a must win for us with where we are in the league and our opponents while we are also in desperate need of goals! Interesting to see what the team will be but i would personally go for:

---------------------Friedel-----------------

----L.Young---Collins--Dunne---Warnock

----------------------NRC-------------------

Albrighton------Bannan/Ireland--Downing

--------------------A.Young-----------------

---------------------Heskey-----------------

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have grown tired of Young "in the hole". He played his best football on the wing yesterday.

Also, if youre going to play Ireland, then thats essentially the team that got royally dicked by Newcastle.

That said, I dont know who I'd play frankly.

AVFC POB's side is probably our best option, though the defensive line up just isnt going to happen and we all know this.

Id be tempted to slot Downing into the middle of the park personally. Hes our most composed player available for selection at this time.

As good as Young is, composed on a slow moving ball is what he is not. Nor is he much good with his back to goal. Hence I dont particularly like him centrally.

The pressure is on, that much is certain.

---------------------Friedel-------------------------

Young--------Collins--------Dunne------Warnock

Albrighton----Reo Coker-----Sidwell-----Downing

----------------Young------Heskey-----------------

I'm stuck between dropping Downing and playing Young on the left and Delfouneso up front. I suspect this is more likely.

Heskey wont win an awful lot against hangeland and think we can best get at fulham with pace.

---------------------Friedel-------------------------

Young--------Collins--------Dunne------Warnock

------------------------Clarke

---------------Reo Coker

------------------------------ Ireland

Albrighton---------------------------------Downing

----------------------Young

Get the ball on the deck and let the attacking 4 run riot.

I've no doubt if we play well, miss a lot of chances, dominate the game and draw....we would of been 'playing for the draw'....

Who will be making that out? I am sure if the above is the case then people will say it as they see it as I can't see what anyone would gain from doing otherwise and quite frankly that would be pathetic.

Results are the most important thing at the moment. We need a win. Simple as that and we will give ourselves a much better chance if we go out looking for one instead of looking not to lose.

I've no doubt if we play well, miss a lot of chances, dominate the game and draw....we would of been 'playing for the draw'....

Who will be making that out? I am sure if the above is the case then people will say it as they see it as I can't see what anyone would gain from doing otherwise and quite frankly that would be pathetic.

Results are the most important thing at the moment. We need a win. Simple as that and we will give ourselves a much better chance if we go out looking for one instead of looking not to lose.

What does looking to win mean? Plenty of games last year we got out played and you barely ever saw comments saying 'we played for the draw'...that's what I don't get. Our players will be sent out to win on saturday.

If we don't, no doubt there will be comments about how we wanted a draw etc...

As I said previously, if we win this we were obviously sent out to win, if we draw then we were sent out to draw. If we lose... well, that'll be interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if some people tried to claim we were sent out to lose. :lol:

Friedel

Young Cuellar Collins Warnock

NRC Clark

Albrighton Young Downing

Heskey.

Need Young upfront until Gabby is back just so we also have the ability to stretch teams in behind more often, as well as him coming deep to collect it.

Team i'd play as well, I'd like to see Bannan come off the bench as well.