carling cup draw

Demitri_C

On AVFC.co.uk it says the Weekend of the 29th.

I would not be shocked if the police tried to switch this to a 12.00 Sunday game although it goes against everything that this mid-week cup competition is all about. Anyone would think both sets of fans can't be trusted to behave and not to have one over the eight before a normal Tuesday evening kick-off. :winkold:

On AVFC.co.uk it says the Weekend of the 29th.

I would not be shocked if the police tried to switch this to a 12.00 Sunday game although it goes against everything that this mid-week cup competition is all about. Anyone would think both sets of fans can't be trusted to behave and not to have one over the eight before a normal Tuesday evening kick-off. :winkold:

The game isn't going to be changed to the weekend, AVFC has worded it wrong, we play Arsenal on the 27th so they couldn't put it on that weekend.

I am really annoyed at this draw. Would have preferred a game against Ipswich or West Ham, and we get a derby game. not only a derby game a bloody away game. **** brilliant. :(

You should call the FA and tell them....maybe if they realise how annoyed you are they will give us the easier draw.

:)

Seriously, either Arsenal or Man U would have been worse so you cant really complain.

as if those blue nose arsewipes are going to give us more tickets

i reckon they will charge a fortune so as little of our lot go as possible. sky will definitely show this i reckon

You would think so but they should United and Arsenal in last 2 rounds so i expect the same

previous League Cup meetings

[table][row][col]English League Cup [col]Aston Villa [col]1-0 [col]Birmingham City [col]06-10-1993

[row][col]English League Cup [col]Birmingham City [col]0-1 [col]Aston Villa [col]21-09-1993

[row][col]English League Cup [col]Aston Villa [col]5-0 [col]Birmingham City [col]12-10-1988

[row][col]English League Cup [col]Birmingham City [col]0-2 [col]Aston Villa [col]27-09-1988

[row][col]English League Cup [col]Aston Villa [col]0-0 [col]Birmingham City [col]27-05-1963

[row][col]English League Cup [col]Birmingham City [col]3-1 [col]Aston Villa [col]23-05-1963[/table]

First meeting over one leg

Bad draw in all fairness, there's going to be trouble, our away form is woeful right now and they have one of the best home forms around. Add to the fact Man Utd and Arsenal have easy draws meaning they'll make the semi-final and no doubt avoid each other.

arsenal in the semis is the handiest draw of them all for anyone

their kids are grand for a one off, but they're not good enough to beat a premiership team's first xi over 2 legs

I am really annoyed at this draw. Would have preferred a game against Ipswich or West Ham, and we get a derby game. not only a derby game a bloody away game. **** brilliant. :(

You should call the FA and tell them....maybe if they realise how annoyed you are they will give us the easier draw.

:)

Seriously, either Arsenal or Man U would have been worse so you cant really complain.

I just don't see why everyone is delighted. I mean Derbies are nightmares in the cup and I've got the horrible feeling we'll lose it.