• A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 35)
    • Bannan (for Albrighton 81)
    • Ireland (for Petrov 81)

We missed Heskey went he went off. Carew was nowhere near as threatening. Albrighton had a good first half but faded badly in the second. Felt centre mid did well with both NRC and Petrov having good games. Expected more from Ashley Young today who was not as influential as he cam be.

Don't think there was much in it except that they have Van der Vart who's finishing was superb.

Shocking...same old Villa though.

I'm astonished by that comment. If you think that our performance today in a very even contest away at a team that won a Champions' League game 4-1 last time out and came 4th in our league last year is 'shocking', you don't know much about football.

Sorry, but it's as simple as that.

A good game of premier league footy from two good teams - 2-1 about right because they took their chances, but lots of good signs.

The only difference between two very good sides today was Ashley Young who was garbage - poor touch, poor attitude, poor passing, poor decision making, poor workrate. Come on GH, have the bottle to dump him in the reserves for a few weeks !!!

A rather daft post.

The only difference between two very good sides today was Ashley Young who was garbage - poor touch, poor attitude, poor passing, poor decision making, poor workrate. Come on GH, have the bottle to dump him in the reserves for a few weeks !!!

not on form but still our most dangerous player

The only difference between two very good sides today was Ashley Young who was garbage - poor touch, poor attitude, poor passing, poor decision making, poor workrate. Come in GH, have the bottle to dump him in the reserves for a few weeks !!!
Isn't it funny how different football looks to different people. :lol: Young's fault we lost then is it? Decent performance from Ash.

I actually enjoyed watching it today, we looked like we were trying to do the right thing but just lost to the better team. Better players and better prospects at the moment. They won't make 4th this year though so next year will be different.

I'll just have a pointless dig at our old manager for no reason and say that if he had been offered VDV for £8m he definitely would have said no :)

Friedel - Couldn't really do much about either goal. Looked solid otherwise. - 6

Luke Young - Unspectacular, but frustrating in his distribution. - 6

Warnock - A distinct improvement on his previous performances. 7

Dunne - Back to his "I'll just stand in the way of anything you can throw at me" best. - 8

Collins - Beaten by Crouch for both goals. Distribution particularly poor. - 5

Ashley Young - Full of heart as always. - 7

Petrov - An important cog in the middle, kept things ticking over well - 7

Reo Coker - Very impressive. Passing, good. Tackling, good. Intelligent play at times. - 8

Downing - See A. Young - 7

Albrighton - Faded after his goal. One good cross that I can remember. - 6

Heskey - Perfect centre-forward play until his injury. With Emile for 90 mins I'm sure we would have scored more. A huge loss when he went off. - 8

Carew - Since you couldn't be arsed to do anything resembling the job of a footballer today, I can't be arsed to give you a rating. Very disappointing, I used to be your biggest fan.

Ireland and Bannan - Not on long enough to get rated.

Freidal - 8 - Generally sound no chance with goals

Warnock 6

L Young 7

Collins 7

Dunne 5

NRC 8 - MOTM

Petrov 7

Downing 6

Albrighton 7

Heskey - 8

A Young 7

Two pretty basic goals to give away.Not much up front TBH.

Good first half, but typically CM cost us again, although NRC gets my MOTM.

Badly missed Heskey, Carew looked a threat, but was ultimately crap.

Bad decision by GH to put Bannan on. Should've gone with Sidwell and put Ireland upfront.

Not such a bad performance though all in all, at least we tried to knock it around a bit and up until they scored, we always looked like we had another goal in us.

Friedel - 7

Warnock -7

Dunne - 6

Collins - 7

Young - 6

Downing - 6

NRC - 8

Petrov - 4

Albrighton - 5

Young - 7

Heskey - 8

Carew - 3

Bannan - 5

Ireland - 4

Bad result, but signs of encouragement.

I'll just have a pointless dig at our old manager for no reason and say that if he had been offered VDV for £8m he definitely would have said no :)

Despite the fact we tried to sign him and Sneijder from Madrid last summer.

Shocking...same old Villa though.

I'm astonished by that comment. If you think that our performance today in a very even contest away at a team that won a Champions' League game 4-1 last time out and came 4th in our league last year is 'shocking', you don't know much about football.

Sorry, but it's as simple as that.

A good game of premier league footy from two good teams - 2-1 about right because they took their chances, but lots of good signs.

You are right for sure, but Spurs were there for the taking today.

Having to play Huddlstone in defence, having no Defoe and the hope they would have champions league hangover.

We played really well at times today, without a doubt the difference between the sides was VDV.

We should have kept Carlos in the defence, we'll never no if it would have made a difference but I think he earnt it last week.

Carew can be bad but it looked today like he wasn't match fit in any way.

By the time he got a bit of speed up, the defender had the ball.

Ireland was only on for 10 minutes but he cannot play central midfield, he just doesn't know what to do.

Why was he coming right back in to defence to get the ball only to quickly pass it on. Stay up field and create some options.

Heskey was excellent for the goal and was creating problems, his injury literally changed the game.

Ashley Young in the middle? No sir, I still don't like it. Play him on the left in 4-3-3 with plenty of licence to get in the box but he is ineffective in the middle.

----------------NRC---Petrov

Albrighton/Downing-Ireland---Young

-----------Gabby/Heskey

When will this happen if ever?! :(

Â