• A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 35)
    • Bannan (for Albrighton 81)
    • Ireland (for Petrov 81)

So by the looks of things we are getting better?

We are getting better, its just frustrating loosing to Spurs really.. I don't like them, I don't like Redknapp but we are in a transition of improvement so it'll be unfair to say all the lads were rubbish... although I can't say the same for Carew sorry and I was a big fan of his.

Whilst we are improving the mentality needs changing after we get a first goal.. other then that we are passing the ball brilliantly and taking control of midfield (20 minutes of first half anyway)

What's done is done, time to look to the future although we have Chelsea next.. Gabby and Heskey hopefully will be fit for that.

So by the looks of things we are getting better?

We played some really, really nice football at times today. Very incisive, sharp passing and it was a joy to watch. It's almost there but not quite as we don't know what to do when in front of goal. We probably just need a bit more patience and hold on to the ball more and it will happen.

I was watching a different game quite clearly. Dunne was great and carried the rubbish James Collins on his back for most of the game.

Carew went from the sublime to the ridiculous every time he got the ball, got into some great areas and then turned into a park player.

This was a match were two of the players I don't rate were our best performers.

Must have been Reo Coker's best Villa match.

And Heskey was great.

But Carew, who I have rated for 12 years, was the worst player of the pitch. While Heskey quickly distributed the ball to Villa players in good positions, it all stopped when Carew got the ball. And when he did something he did exactly what I felt was the worst choice. Add the fact that he was lazy as hell, and he will be gone. Saw both Petrov and Collins giving him some serious bollockings.

We were crying out for a bit of pace up front, with that we'd have won easily with some of the balls in, their defence looked absolutely knackered.
They were knackered all over the pitch and there for the taking. They won with a few hoof chips that our inept defense couldn't simply head away.

It was a disappointing result but encouraging performance.

This game last year we sat back for 90 mins and let them batter us - yes we got a point there and nothing here but I think the attacking intent is something we have all wanted to see for some time. Unfortunately we lacked the sort of clinical finisher that VDV has proven to be, diving word removed though he may be.

I thought Heskey was once again our best, followed by NRC. Carew I thought really battled hard but was so rusty it wasn't funny.

Ashly Young had a pretty decent match until about the 85th minute when he completely ignored play going on 5 metres behind him to go and scream at the ref about an unpaid foul. It really shits me when players do that.

I was watching a different game quite clearly. Dunne was great and carried the rubbish James Collins on his back for most of the game.

Carew went from the sublime to the ridiculous every time he got the ball, got into some great areas and then turned into a park player.

You must have been then. The first goal VDV didn't have to jump to high to get the header behind Dunne who could hardly get off the ground. Still looks injured to me.

The 2nd goal it's maybe harsh to say it was Dunne's fault but he did slide in when he didn't especially need to, it would have been better to keep on his feet and made it harder for VDV.

Friedel - 7 - Couldn't do anything about the goals

L. Young - 7 - Solid display.

Collins - 6 - Was OK but his long balls are getting a bit on my nerve.

Dunne - 6 - Made some good blocks but his positioning was off at times. Don't understand why Cuellar didn't play.

Warnock - 7 - Seems like he's getting back to the form he showed when he first signed.

Albrighton - 7 - Some lively runs and a few good crosses.

Reo Coker - 8 - Great game from Nigel today. Not a big fan but he's playing better and better by each game.

Petrov - 7 - Played well today but should have done more with his run in the second half.

Downing - 7 - Calm and composed with the ball and he's finally looking like a player.

A. Young - 6 - Not his day. Can do so much better.

Heskey - 8 - Brilliant build up for the goal, changed the game when he came off. Hope he's not out for long.

Carew - 4 - Abysmal. Definitely his last season for us.

Bannan - Not enough time.

Ireland - Not enough time.

I'm not to downhearted though. We played well today and were a bit unlucky to lose. Bright times ahead I think.

Ashly Young had a pretty decent match until about the 85th minute when he completely ignored play going on 5 metres behind him to go and scream at the ref about an unpaid foul. It really shits me when players do that.
Can't really blame him he was getting dragged back constantly, I'm surprised his shirt survived the match in one piece, and the ref never gave him a single decision.

Petrov looked poor again. Carew looked shocking.

Van der Vaart looked a class above, and was ultimately the big difference today.

Not too disheartened by the result, as Spurs away is a very tough game and could always have gone either way, but I am concerned at how our Captain failed to lead by example with another poor performance.

spurs were for the taking,no centre backs of any note,its plain as day we lack something in midfield,were still playing off the cuff football,so what can we take from the game? heskey madea impact,ash young,downing,played well..the negative..john carew..sorry john but your welcome at the villa is over,jc offered no pace or guile, unless gh address the final third ..... expect the same guys,

First half we were mostly excellent, second half we were poor.

Carew had a nightmare...and who are the two people that voted him motm on the poll ?

I'd like to see Ash and Downing on the wings and Ireland playing off the striker once Albrighton begins to tire. Ash had one beautiful cross today from the left that is a rare reminder of what he has done for us in the past.

You must have been then. The first goal VDV didn't have to jump to high to get the header behind Dunne who could hardly get off the ground. Still looks injured to me.

The 2nd goal it's maybe harsh to say it was Dunne's fault but he did slide in when he didn't especially need to, it would have been better to keep on his feet and made it harder for VDV.

First goal he was having to make up the ground to try to get some kind of block in, once again Collins was caught out and same again with the second goal. Dunne had a good game and saved us on numerous occasions.

First goal he was having to make up the ground to try to get some kind of block in, once again Collins was caught out and same again with the second goal. Dunne had a good game and saved us on numerous occasions.

May I add, a lot of his blocks, were because of his poor marking in the first place.

Crouch missed a sitter from Dunne's poor marking too. Step away regularly. Should of been tighter to VDV in the first place for the first goal.

played really well first half, alright 2nd. heskey again while he was on was great. carew was SHOCKING!

also not sure if i heard correct but why was carews name being chanted after albrighton scored?

Friedel - 5

L Young - 7

Warnock - 7

Dunne - 8

Collins - 6

Downing - 5

A Young - 4

Albrighton - 7

Petrov - 8

Reo-Coker - 9

Heskey - 8

Â