• A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Carew (for Heskey 35)
    • Bannan (for Albrighton 81)
    • Ireland (for Petrov 81)

I'm very demoralized in seeing how the old firm Collins & Dunne let Crouch do what he wanted in the air. Definitely crap, thank you again Mr O'Neill for bringing players like these overpaying them. And Carew is not anymore at the level required by the Premier League. I'd like to see a bit of fresh air: Clarke and Cuellar in defence, Bannan in the midfield, and let's hope that Heskey and Gabby can ricover soon from their injuries.

I'm very demoralized in seeing how the old firm Collins & Dunne let Crouch do what he wanted in the air. Definitely crap, thank you again Mr O'Neill for bringing players like these overpaying them.

Players like what exactly? They were excellent last season and Collins has been pretty good this season.

Moan,moan and fcuking moan....

Ive not missed a game this season, and i say that because you need to have seen them to see the progress we are making. This team is evolving, and with the aquisition of a decent DM and Striker, will be a team to be proud of.

Yes, we lost, but you have to see the whole picture. I came away yesterday feeling very happy, and confident for the rest of the season.

Downside was the Cockney shit who threw something at us, whilst hiding behind his other cockney flotsom. All mouth and wind, and that includes their thick useless, lazy stewards.

Some random ramblings - most likely already written

- Not sure why Cuellar was dropped

- Not convinced with Collins. I see a few people slating Dunne, but I feel he's covering for Collins who is too easily drawn to the ball instead of marking his man.

- Heskey leaving changed the game: Carew is in poor form.

- NRC was simply excellent.

- Warnock needs competition. I just do not see what he offers that keeps him in the side. I rate Bouma and Shorey higher than him.

- Their simple strategy of "lump it to crouch to lay off" worked twice. It should not have.

- We used all our substitutions. Woot!

- We need more than Heskey, Carew and Agbonlahor. With Carew out of form and the other 2 injured, there is not a whole lot of options.

Moan,moan and fcuking moan....

Ive not missed a game this season, and i say that because you need to have seen them to see the progress we are making. This team is evolving, and with the aquisition of a decent DM and Striker, will be a team to be proud of.

Yes, we lost, but you have to see the whole picture. I came away yesterday feeling very happy, and confident for the rest of the season.

Downside was the Cockney shit who threw something at us, whilst hiding behind his other cockney flotsom. All mouth and wind, and that includes their thick useless, lazy stewards.

Like you I've been every game this season and can see a huge change in our style of play in the last 3 games under Houllier - Looking good for the future IMO.

As for the Spurs stewards ... The worst in the League.. :evil:

I agree very much about the change in style. We keep the ball much better and actually pass it around for a change. No more hoofing the ball to the strikers, what a shock!

Am i actually the only 1 who thinks Petrov had ANOTHER shit game? can someone tell me what exactly he does? im sick of him getting tired at half time, i forget he's even on the pitch and when he gets the ball its always a simple pass back to our defence. We need to replace him if we want to improve.. sorry!

I think we should be able to vote for that VDV fella.
HTF did they get him for £8m?

One of the great mysteries I guess. He was an absolute steal at that price.

He wasnt going to get a game at Madrid though. They have Alonso, Kaka, Khedira and Ozil who all operate in the same position. Khedira and Ozil are Mourinho signings, so they will be ahead of him. Alonso is a Spaniard and Kaka is a galactico so they will be ahead of him too. It's fair to assume that Real wanted to get him off their books.

Madrid paid €13m for Van Der Vaart in 2008, when the Euro was worth 79p. The fee would have been about £10.25m.

Since then the exchange rate has tipped (very slightly) in favour of the Euro. If we are going on a fee of £8m, then that is about €9.2m. Madrid took a hit on him, but when you factor in his wages (he still had three years left on his Madrid contract) then Real are definitely up on the deal too. I guess it was win-win. Madrid were definitely desperate to sell, Spurs got a class player for less than we paid for Curtis Davies.

Just seen the highlights, **** brilliant play from EH for our goal. Really hope he keeps this form up. VDV looked like he had an awesome game, I wouldn't blame Dunne for the second goal.

Positives:

- Nigel Reo-Coker. MOTM. He is proving me right with each passing game whilst also quashing the myth that he can't pass. He's always been a good player but we've never really given him a sustained run in the team in his favoured position. Now, hopefully, we are and he is proving his doubters wrong. He's also head and shoulders above our captain (Invisible) Petrov.

- Emile Heskey. His involvement in our goal was absolutely sublime. I still can't believe it's Heskey i'm talking about - three games in a row now he's been brilliant. Him coming off was the turning point.

- Albrighton. He continues to show his promise with another very encouraging display and a great goal. I just hope he can get his stamina up because that is clearly his weakness at the moment.

- We actually didn't play too badly - probably better than last week and we won that game. We got nothing from the ref though and missed good chances to score. And you can't do that against Spurs.

- Houllier is already stamping his style on the team, and it's a style I like. Finally, after years of HOOF ball, we are now learning to pass the football which is great to see.

Negatives:

- WHY on earth did Richard Dunne start ahead of Carlos Cuellar? The same Carlos Cuellar who was MOTM last week at Wolves. This really worries me because if Cuellar can't keep Dunne out of the team after that performance, what hope does he have? I think this was a really bad error from GH and hugely unfair on Carlos. If I was him i'd be seriously **** off.

- Richard Dunne. He has lost the plot. Since his mistake in the Carling Cup final his performances have steadily deteriorated and I really don't have much confidence in him at all now. He looks overweight, sluggish, nervous, lacking in composure and he is making mistakes which are costing us goals. I'm really worried, even more so when he gets picked over CC.

- John Carew. I've always loved Carew and he became a "cult-hero" on the Holte End for his percieved love of our club and some very good/crucial goals for us. I will never forget all the good he's done for us and the goals he's scored BUT my opinion on him and his future role at our football club is now starting to shift. For whatever reason, and I'd love to know why, he just doesn't look like he puts in the effort anymore. Sluggish, not mobile, slow and anonymous are words all too frequently heard in the same sentence when talking about Carew now. Maybe his ongoing injury/back problems are just finally catching up with him? We need to address our attacking options and sign at least one top class striker.

- The "Meatball wrappe" I had at half-time. I have never tasted anything so vile in all my life - and the wrap itself was like biting into cardboard. What a waste of £3.60.

- The jobsworth stewards.

- WHY on earth did Richard Dunne start ahead of Carlos Cuellar? The same Carlos Cuellar who was MOTM last week at Wolves. This really worries me because if Cuellar can't keep Dunne out of the team after that performance, what hope does he have? I think this was a really bad error from GH and hugely unfair on Carlos. If I was him i'd be seriously **** off. SPOT ON,its been noted on here dunne form,cc looks quicker than dunne regarding dealing with danger, its bloody worrying how many times petrov ball watched with spurs attacking.

Very dissapointed

1st half we was superb deserved to be in the lead good work from Heskey to set up the goal having a battle to keep the ball and get it to Albrighton shame to give a goal away at half time

2nd half very poor NRC and Collins put in a good performance. Van Der Vart is a very good buy for Spurs has to be said not good what he done thought score his 2nd and then ran over to our fans in the corner giving it why celerbrate in front of us when the a ground full of yids. Horrible coming out giving it didnt like it when few of our fans had a go though

Lost 2-1 and to top off the day coach broke down in Northampton 80 miles from home didnt get a coach till 10 when we was told wouldnt get a coach til 1am but got home at 11 which wernt to bad

- The "Meatball wrappe" I had at half-time. I have never tasted anything so vile in all my life - and the wrap itself was like biting into cardboard. What a waste of £3.60.

At least you got what you ordered; the so called 'last two steak & kidley pies' which your brother and I had turned out to be cheese & onion!!, and were equally shit.

Â