Next Kit Supplier - Merged

maqroll

Who Do You Want as Next Villa Kit Designer?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want as Next Villa Kit Designer?

• Nike
    • Adidas
    • Puma
    • Reebok
    • Umbro
    • Hummel
    • Le Coq Sportif
    • Fila
    • Diadora
    • Other (Name)
    • Don't Care

You may have already heard this but my neighbour bumped into someone who had a major part to play in the lastest shirt design. Apparently, the claret/blue squares on the shirt that we've already seen on flags, etc is going to be Villa's icon. The club were worried that when Villa appear on TV (mostly aborad) that they are not easily identified so by having the squares everyone associates them with AVFC. Therefore, I assume any future kits are going to incorporate this design somewhere so to all those that like spending an afternoon making kits on their PC - bear it in mind.

Hmmm interesting. I think the ones on the current kit look a bit shite though.

I wonder what a claret and blue version of Blackburns template would look like. That could be classed as squares i suppose.

Don't mind / Quite like the squares as well.

Think our Nike shirts of last few years have on the whole been very good. Especially last seasons.

Certainly better than some of the rubbish we used to have.

Some ppl seem to have tinted memories of some of our 90s shirts but seriously most of them were awful imo.

I don't mind the squares, either. I wouldn't mind continued use on the home kit but if we had to use them on the away tops it would limit the colours we could use.

A white away shirt with them down the flanks for next season might look pretty cool.

Having Chequered claret and blue down the sides doesnt give you much in the way of changing a design though. I like our kits this year, wouldnt mind going back to a light blue away kit... but like our current black one... Wish our sponsor didnt have such an ugly logo though. FxPro looks seriously shit.

As above, I think Nike make the best looking kits around, but it's crap for the fans that we have to wait so long every year. A compromise will have to be reached.

As for the squares, i quite like them, although only as an "accessory", if that makes sense. I wouldn't like us to abandon the claret body, blue sleeves, for something like a croatian kit, covered in squares.