Next Kit Supplier - Merged

maqroll

Who Do You Want as Next Villa Kit Designer?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want as Next Villa Kit Designer?

• Nike
    • Adidas
    • Puma
    • Reebok
    • Umbro
    • Hummel
    • Le Coq Sportif
    • Fila
    • Diadora
    • Other (Name)
    • Don't Care

As long as I can remember I've wanted to see an Addidas Villa shirt, just to see those claret and blue 3 stripes which I reckon would look great. Nike shirts were a welcome breath of fresh air from the bile being turned out by Diadora, Hummel etc. and as a traditionalist I have thoroughly enjoyed them. But, it's time to move on after the kit problems.

Xtep anyone? Is that even spelt right?!

Anyway, yeah, Addidas, Kappa or Puma will do me fine.

Nike wont want anything to do with us once the deal expires unless Bob Kain twists their arms again perhaps we will be downgraded to an Umbro deal.

As far as I know, Bob Kain had nothing to do with getting the Nike kit deal and hasn’t had anything to do with the Villa for years. In fact I’d wager that its difficult to see what input he ever had.

I don't really care, though the Umbro one is identical to WHU's.

Why not Le Coq? Houllier and all...

This WHU shirt? http://www.megastore.whufc.com/stores/westham/products/product_maxzoom.aspx?maximage=prd_maxzoom_whfc-75699.jpg&intPID=75699

I felt dirty having to go to that site... shudder

If you mean the old Umbro shirts which I assume you do, they don't look much like the design posted above.

What team shirts do Le Coq Sportif make currently? That's not a jibe, I'm just not very up to date, I remember them making some nice shirts back in the day.

I like Nike, had issues this year but i think a kit designer recognising quality issues and choosing to delay at a cost to them rather than selling and trying to mop up afterwards is a good thing. The kits in general have been a massive improvement, hopefully they can now work on the logistical issues.

Nike wont want anything to do with us once the deal expires unless Bob Kain twists their arms again perhaps we will be downgraded to an Umbro deal.

That "downgrade" would be an upgrade, IMO. Over the past two seasons, Nike (and Adidas for that matter) seem to be revisiting the late 80s-early 90s school of kit design- ridiculous sublimation and awful geometric designs. Meanwhile Umbro's design team are plumbing the 60s and 70s- clean lines, solid construction etc. I'd love to see what Umbro could pull together for Villa.

As annoying as NIke are regarding release dates, their kits are the nicest we've had for a long long time.

Ultimately, it's how the kits look that I care about and I don't think anyone else either 1) makes kits as nice as nike or 2) would give us as good a deal as i expect Nike do.

No one considered xtep?

The only team I know who have them are SHA, so no thank you.

I hope this was a joke though :lol:

What, of course it wasn't a joke! Just because they make the disneyland sports range doesn't mean they're a mickey mouse outfit!

Why go via nike when you can cut out the middle man and buy from the sweatshops direct!

Nike, but they need to up their game.

The first effort was quality, and will probably be viewed as a classic in a few years.

The second - so so. The third - down again.

This years is horrid, brings back memories of the duff kit we had in 2005/06.

That might be OK for hummel, you'd expect better from Nike.

The away one is decent though, and the training range/ casual polo shirts always look sharp.

If we had to change I'd go umbro, fond memories of the title winning side and BFR's lot in 1992/93.

I believe the Nike deal is until 2012.

I know, so let's call it next year plus 3 months :D

Next year plus 9 months, unless we plan on changing kit maker in January...

Perhaps announcing the deal in January then?

Nike by a million miles. This years is not that bad as people on here make out! Their whole range they give us is top.

If not Nike then Adidas but only cause its Adidas which, imo, is the 2nd biggest sports designer after Nike.