Next Kit Supplier - Merged

maqroll

Who Do You Want as Next Villa Kit Designer?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want as Next Villa Kit Designer?

• Nike
    • Adidas
    • Puma
    • Reebok
    • Umbro
    • Hummel
    • Le Coq Sportif
    • Fila
    • Diadora
    • Other (Name)
    • Don't Care

You may have already heard this but my neighbour bumped into someone who had a major part to play in the lastest shirt design. Apparently, the claret/blue squares on the shirt that we've already seen on flags, etc is going to be Villa's icon. The club were worried that when Villa appear on TV (mostly aborad) that they are not easily identified so by having the squares everyone associates them with AVFC. Therefore, I assume any future kits are going to incorporate this design somewhere so to all those that like spending an afternoon making kits on their PC - bear it in mind.

The words 'Aston Villa' and 'AVFC' are the only brand icon we need! Any cheap alternatives in claret & blue will not be accepted. If any 'jonny foreigner' needs some bloody little squares to tell it's the Villa playing, then they are not true football fans & we don't want them watching!

I started off liking the idea of the squares for this year's kit, but the more I see them the more 'naff' it looks. The home kit should stay traditional to the heritage of the club & they can p*ss around with the away kit as much as they like for a season.

I like Nike. It's always been cool as well ;) I think that makes a difference to some of the kids coming up, deciding who to support, what shirt to wear.

I'm not an expert on which maker has designed the nicest, which uses the best materials, so I can't comment fully. I just know I like Nike.

Having said all that, I'm happy with the last two acorns shirts I have. If it has to have a sponsor on, then I'd rather have acorns across my body than a corporate. No offence to FXPro, it could definitely be worse!

The words 'Aston Villa' and 'AVFC' are the only brand icon we need! Any cheap alternatives in claret & blue will not be accepted. If any 'jonny foreigner' needs some bloody little squares to tell it's the Villa playing, then they are not true football fans & we don't want them watching!

Your admirable (and rousing) call to arms aside, realistically when our own manager's view of us from abroad was below the consistent league positions we've actually enjoyed, I can see there being some truth in the need to maximise our branding abroad. If blue squares down the side of a shirt are the price to pay for an enhanced global identity and greater revenue then so be it.

• 4 months later...

Well, there isn't a Poll because I don't think I've got the access rights to do it.

I think it's fair to say that most fans do not want Nike again after their calamity last summer.

Can you give me a hand mods?

1. Le Coq Sportif

2. Addidas

3. Puma

4. Umbro

5. Kappa

6. Hummel

7. Reebok

8. XStep

9. Nike

Personally I think Puma or Kappa should be strongest in the running (when did Puma's kits get sogood? , with Umbro bargepoled (subsidary of Nike) and Hummel should never make a Villa kit again.

XStep is only in there for a cheap laugh. Please treat accordingly.

Man City's is Umbro I think.

You guys really want Nike? Viewing the comments on here after the numerous delays beyond the club's control, it looked like half of the forum would have no problem in gathering together with spades and pikes and paying a personal visit to the Nike CEO's house