Next Kit Supplier - Merged

maqroll

Who Do You Want as Next Villa Kit Designer?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want as Next Villa Kit Designer?

• Nike
    • Adidas
    • Puma
    • Reebok
    • Umbro
    • Hummel
    • Le Coq Sportif
    • Fila
    • Diadora
    • Other (Name)
    • Don't Care

I think if we were to put our new kit design into Nike by April like Man Utd do, and Chelsea do with Adidas, we would have the new kit released in June/July, in time for the school holidays and the Holidays that we all take abroad and can wear our new shirt and wear our colours with pride.

However as we dont do this and put the shirt design into Nike in June/July we are waiting as our stock is the last on their list hence the delays that we have experienced recently.

Chelsea and Man Utd all wore their latest shirts on the last day of last season if I remember correctly??

Nike, but play hard ball with them over the farce over the release this season.

Let the fans design the kit and Nike judge the competition, win win Nike get exposure so does Villa.

Can't think of many other clubs where this would happen even if it was just a one off novelty idea.

Let the fans design the kit and Nike judge the competition, win win Nike get exposure so does Villa.

Thats a great idea. Some of the mock ups ive seen people do on here are ace, waaay better than anything Nike can come up with.

Dont think it would ever happen though

To be honest I can't see what difference it makes as to who make it.

As long as it has claret body, blue sleeves and white shorts - it could be made by Primark for all I care.

(oh, and preferably a white away kit as well)

If you care what date it's released on then you won't want it to be Nike.

I may, but thats down to the Villa

Personally, I thought the black one was lovely this year, first time in a long time I would have thought of buying the away shirt - but I didn't buy it.

You can put faults at all makes. Tell you what, anyone who is "a bit rotund" better hope we dont have LCS - the sites down VP wille be hilarious.

I've bought Villa shirts since about 85 - apart from the Henson one - which was truly truly god damn awful, the rest are much of a muchness, with a slight variation - whether it was Diadora, Hummel, Nike or others.

One thing I will say for Nike though - the quality is better. I have last seasons and the season befores. I wear last seasons to every game, and the older one at least once a week - and they both look brand new still.

Been a few in the past (especially the deck chair one) that was reday for the bin within about 6 weeks !

Obviously there were unexpected difficulties that meant this season's kits were delayed going on sale but the fact is Villa have been one of the last clubs (wouldn't surprise me if we were the last) to get new shirts on sale every season for as long as I can remember. I don't know if contractually Nike are obliged to get Man Utd, Arsenal etc. on sale before all others (though I can't really see why this would make a difference - it's not like Villa fans will go out and buy their shirts while we wait for our own) but we definitely seem to rank low down on their list of priorities and this has been reflected in the designs too in my opinion. Whether we go forward with Nike or go for another brand, this is another area where we never seem to be punching our weight and we need to assert ourselves more and get our kits in stores from June onwards like the other leading clubs. I haven't bought a new shirt for years but I know I'd be more likely to if I was going to get to wear it over the summer in anticipation of a new season.

Other than that, a simple, retro style would be the preferred approach.

To be honest I can't see what difference it makes as to who make it.

As long as it has claret body, blue sleeves and white shorts - it could be made by Primark for all I care.

(oh, and preferably a white away kit as well)

I'm up for Primark if its about 49p