Next Kit Supplier - Merged

maqroll

Who Do You Want as Next Villa Kit Designer?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want as Next Villa Kit Designer?

• Nike
    • Adidas
    • Puma
    • Reebok
    • Umbro
    • Hummel
    • Le Coq Sportif
    • Fila
    • Diadora
    • Other (Name)
    • Don't Care

As long as they get released in July/August and the sponsor logo doesnt peel off after one wash (the infamous Hummel "COWS" kit) then I really dont give a shit what logo is on the shirt.

That said, Umbro are designing some really nice retro stuff at the minute. Their design philosophy will have most likely completely changed by the time people are wearing 2012/13 season shirts though.

On the evidence of the last four seasons, Nike are **** shit*. But they do spend a lot of money on adverts so they are cooler than brands who dont.

*last season's away shirt excepted. That was lovely.

On the evidence of the last four seasons, Nike are **** shit*. But they do spend a lot of money on adverts so they are cooler than brands who dont.

*last season's away shirt excepted. That was lovely.

Its the only Nike shirt I've bought, the acorns peeled off after three washes (All low temp 30 degree washes too)

Added further option so I could vote myself i.e. Don't Care ;-)

Also if you want to start a Villa related topic with a poll can you do it in VT and ask a moderator to start that poll, not start a Villa related topic in Other Football

Nike wont want anything to do with us once the deal expires unless Bob Kain twists their arms again perhaps we will be downgraded to an Umbro deal.

Why is it 'downgraded'? Is that on the 'cool scale'? Quite frankly Nike have been appalling suppliers, despite some of the kit designs being quite tidy.

Umbro IS Nike.

Not quite. Umbro are owned by Nike, but are run as a separate company, i.e. they don’t share the same designers and have a different philosophy.

Whichever company does make the kits the problem is how individual will the Villa kit be? We have seen with these big companies that effectively they use the same shirt concept for many different teams. I personally want the AVFC kit designed as a stand alone; for the benefit of AVFC not designers having an easy time.

And by the way; where is the Under Armor option....

Adidas or Puma, which I believe are the same company anyway, despite starting as rivals.

How come no-one has said Xtep :lol:

Nope; Adidas and Puma are totally separate. They were however formed by brothers, but they split after the war. They are based in the same town still, but they have a disdain for the other to this day...