Next Kit Supplier - Merged

maqroll

Who Do You Want as Next Villa Kit Designer?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want as Next Villa Kit Designer?

• Nike
    • Adidas
    • Puma
    • Reebok
    • Umbro
    • Hummel
    • Le Coq Sportif
    • Fila
    • Diadora
    • Other (Name)
    • Don't Care

Adidas all the way, they make some really nice kits. To be honest, I don't want crazy or flashy kits, I prefer quite standard but smart looking kits. I'm not a big fan of the claret and blue checkered pattern on this seasons kits, especially on the away shirt but it's mainly the horrible pinky red of the sponsor that puts me off that. The Nike kits have been our best kits for a long while now, design-wise anyways, but I would love to see an Adidas Villa kit, especially if they were the same sort of designs as the German national kits of the last few seasons, they've all been really smart looking.

I always wondered, who is it that actually chooses the final design on the kit? I knew Small Heath put it to the fans last year but I'm not sure I'd like that, everyone likes something different. Besides, you'd probably find a load of SHA fans masquerading online as villa fans and voting for the ugliest one.

I really liked those retro designs that appeared online before this season's kit was announced. Not sure how you set up a link but here's the address: http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/new-aston-villa-1011-shirts_7368

why are people saying adidas make nice kits? chelseas and liverpool's kits are absolutely awful every season without fail. our nike kits have been really nice for the most part, this season's are a bit of a let down but our last two away kits have been fantastic imo.

why are people saying adidas make nice kits? chelseas and liverpool's kits are absolutely awful every season without fail. our nike kits have been really nice for the most part, this season's are a bit of a let down but our last two away kits have been fantastic imo.

Um, perhaps because people have different opinions and tastes?

Granted, I don't like Liverpool's home kit this season but only because of the patterned look to it, the season before though they had a nice smart shirt.

As for Chelsea's, I like their home shirts usually, the only thing I don't like this season is that red collar because it just doesn't look right. I like both team's away shirts this season though, although the orange on Chelsea's is a bit bright.

Adidas also make some really nice shirts too though, like as I said before, the German national shirts, Bayern Munich's, AC Milan's, Real Madrid's, all of those kits are really nice IMO, but obviously people will all think differently. I'm not a fan of our last couple of away shirts though, the last one I really loved was the white shirt when we were sponsored by 32 Red, but the sponsor ruined that. I've even read on threads that people liked the Hummel shirts!

Anyone know who it is who makes the decision on the kit designs each season?

I'm a traditionalist and so all I ask for from a home shirt is that it has a claret trunk and sky blue sleeves. In my opinion Nike have produced a series of classic Villa shirts which compare extremely favourably to some of the stuff that has gone before and the sort of garbage West Ham have worn in the same period.

If only they could get them into the shops at the start of the summer!

I'm a traditionalist and so all I ask for from a home shirt is that it has a claret trunk and sky blue sleeves. In my opinion Nike have produced a series of classic Villa shirts which compare extremely favourably to some of the stuff that has gone before and the sort of garbage West Ham have worn in the same period.

I am a traditionalist too, but I always wished that part of our heritage meant that we played in blue shorts at home & not white as I really think this would further enhance our claret & blue colours.

Strangely, not sure why, but we always appear to play in blue shorts whenever we play "The Boggies" at the Hawthorns. Any one know why? :huh:

I am a traditionalist too, but I always wished that part of our heritage meant that we played in blue shorts at home & not white as I really think this would further enhance our claret & blue colours.

Strangely, not sure why, but we always appear to play in blue shorts whenever we play "The Boggies" at the Hawthorns. Any one know why? :huh:

Never noticed that to be honest. The only time I notice us playing in blue shorts instead of white is when we play our home kit at an away game but the home team wears white shorts so we have to change. I've noticed other games where both teams wear white shorts though so it always puzzled me too, might just be up to the individual referee for each game though I suppose.

I prefer the white shorts though, it just looks nicer in my opinion. I'm a fan of the claret body and blue sleeves too but I wouldn't mind a bit of a change here and there, I'm sure someone could design a nice alternative.

I just get put off spending 50 quid each season on a home shirt that isn't that different from the season before. I laughed when our home shirt for last season was released because aside from the collar, I couldn't see much difference, therefore I didn't buy it.

Perhaps more of a change might benefit shirt sales. Unless I'm the only one who buys shirts based on this thinking I suppose :P

We usually have a white away shirt when we've played the baggies and we can't use that against them but we can use the home obviously. But we can't use the home shorts against them as they are both white. So we end up with Home top away shorts, the away shorts are often blue (Doubt we can use our all black kit against them this year either)

lmarsha_925 I remember seeing those on a website somewhere and me and my friend agreed the Umbro one was the nicest, but it's not much of a change, I like the collar though. I'd prefer to see an Adidas kit more like this: http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/kits/10275/germanys-new-adidas-world-cup-kit-is-brilliant.html

Obviously in our colours :winkold: although we could use a similar design for a white away shirt with claret and blue lines, I would definitly buy that.