General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

Minor observation regarding the website. (I'm curious if other non-locals have the same issue or if it's something I need to adjust) I have noticed that the "countdown to the match" clock used on the home page on the website is really not all that useful for one not living in that actual time zone. I'm not sure if I can explain this coherently but here is an example of the issue.

I'm 8 hours behind Birmingham/London time. So when checking the website it must recognize that I am viewing from a different time zone. So it gives the countdown based on my time rather than based on Birmingham's local time. So, for example, if the Villa kick-off is 7:30 PM Birmingham time that means the game kicks off at 11:30 AM my time. However, if I were to check the website at 11:29 AM (7:29 PM local) rather than the clock showing 1 minute to go for the kick off it would show that the kick off is still 8 hours and 1 minute away for me.

Obviously I know how to add and subtract and I haven't missed a kick off yet :D and I have no clue if it's possible but is there a way that the countdown on the home page can simply remain at local time rather than adjust to the time of the person viewing the webpage? That way it wouldn't matter if one plans to watch live from Canada, Singapore or Kansas it should still show that kick off is 1 minute away.

(or maybe there is a way I can adjust it myself?)

Thanks

General Krulak here:

1. I might have mentioned already but....I will be off the site starting tomorrow and going thru Sunday. I will be flying to the UK...arriving Saturday at 6:00 am. Will drop my bag at the hotel and then go to Bodymoor Heath...then to visit with the Leadership at Villa Park....do a walk-about during the stadium prep for the game...visit fans at Holte Pub and Holte Suite...attend the SCG Meeting...watch the game whilst visiting the stands...celebrate the victory after the game...go back and get some sleep...get up Sunday morning and fly back to the US. Mrs. "K" is NOT happy with me!!! :firefox:

General Krulak here:

1. I might have mentioned already but....I will be off the site starting tomorrow and going thru Sunday. I will be flying to the UK...arriving Saturday at 6:00 am. Will drop my bag at the hotel and then go to Bodymoor Heath...then to visit with the Leadership at Villa Park....do a walk-about during the stadium prep for the game...visit fans at Holte Pub and Holte Suite...attend the SCG Meeting...watch the game whilst visiting the stands...celebrate the victory after the game...go back and get some sleep...get up Sunday morning and fly back to the US. Mrs. "K" is NOT happy with me!!! :firefox:

General, welcome to the Villa family!!

Dont roll back in drunk :winkold: :lol:

General Krulak here:

Brilliant. Although I don't see the connection with you preferring Firefox to Internet Explorer? :P

Dear General,

Great comments from you as always and excellent that you're making it for the game later today- would so love a Villa win and I think we can do it!!....

I hope I speak for other villa fans when I ask this but as a Villa fan living abroad I don't get to see many live games or get to many of the "an evening with ...." type events as I'm only back either at Christmas or over the summer when the season's ended...

I'm managing to get to the Spurs game on boxing day and to man city away but I'd love it if you'd consider hosting an 'event' after the Spurs match including perhaps a mingle with the players, invite some of our legends of old along like Paul McGrath, Gary Shaw, Ian Taylor, Bosko Balaban* and the like, Acorns representatives and sponsors and of course your dear self, Randy, other board members and maybe even Gerard! Maybe a buffet dinner, raffle prizes, photos galore, goals of the season so far etc etc. Our excellent corporate areas are an ideal venue for this 'Villa Christmas Party'. Would love to hear what you think of this idea General and wonder if you think this could be feasible?

Obviously, it would have to be ticketed and season ticket holders and regular attendees to Villa Park should rightly get priority, but if a small allocation of other tickets could be set aside on a first come first served basis then I'd at least have a chance of making it!...

Up the Villa and here's to another good season, hopefully we'll bring home some silverware at some point soon...

*yes, there's a reason you'll probably have never heard of him! Bit of homework for you to look up his (terrible) record for us!!

Hi General,

I've just been watching the videos on AVTV and they're interesting, Pre match interviews and whatnot and although they're interesting to watch, would it be possible at all that you could do a few videos with players asking them random questions.

They do this section on Soccer AM asking a random player from a random club random questions, like who is the worst dressed player, who is the best dancer, who has the worst taste in music and other questions that are funny yet interesting to ALL fans, if you support the club or not.

I would be very interested to see something like that done on AVTV maybe once per month, just a random player, from youth, reserve or the first team being asked random questions and they have to link a player to the question asked and giving reason why they picked that player.

Here is an example of what I mean, I'm sure it's something that could easily be done and would be very interesting for us fans, if you mix the questions up each month.

General, salutations.

Following on from the above, have you had the pleasure of meeting Paul Merson? He is a terrific bloke who had his problems as well. A pretty well-loved player at the Villa as well from his spell here and he seemed to enjoy his stay with us.

Thanks also for delivering on your pledge. It was nice to see GH sporting not only an AV tie but a scarf as well. As I posted elsewhere, I think you guys have made a very good appointment.

Disappointed today General, not in the players, but the fact that there were Chelsea fans in the Lower North Row D seats approximately 80-85.

Not sure how this happened but I'm hoping it won't happen again

General,

Any idea why there were 2000 empty seats today when both yourself and the official site were suggesting the game would be a sell out?

Was going to ask the same question, earlier in the week you predicted we would sell out the next 5 games, shame to see 2000 + empty seats today. Also think the club need to look at the atmosphere created in the stadium, could not hear the Holte End at all from the North Stand and it was for me was embarrasing that Chelsea made more noise than the Villa fans all game long. Have the club considered moving the away fans to the opposite end of the Doug Ellis where they are currently situated ie, next to the Holte End? This maybe would create a better more intense atmosphere.

On a positive note was impressed with the team peformance today, we are going in the right direction.

General

It made my day to meet you and Paul in the Holte Pub and my wife was pleased to speak to you on the phone. This shows how great your commitment is towards us fans. I am proud and honoured to have met members of the board who to me are friends as part of our Villa family. Even more proud to be a Villa fan.

Hope you return again soon. Maybe with Mrs K ??

Hope you had a good flight. I was wondering, did you fly from Birmingham on private jet or on airline from from Birmingham / London ??

Thank you very much. Everything you do is appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Hiya General,

Second time of asking....

Is our Training Complex under threat from the new propsed high speed rail link?

The reason I ask is becuase I have noticed a few protest signs on the main road to and from Tamworth, near to the turn off that leads to the training ground.

Thank you

Was going to ask the same question, earlier in the week you predicted we would sell out the next 5 games, shame to see 2000 + empty seats today. Also think the club need to look at the atmosphere created in the stadium, could not hear the Holte End at all from the North Stand and it was for me was embarrasing that Chelsea made more noise than the Villa fans all game long. Have the club considered moving the away fans to the opposite end of the Doug Ellis where they are currently situated ie, next to the Holte End? This maybe would create a better more intense atmosphere.

Gen. Please No to this - my seat is at that end of the Doug Ellis and I love it there - as do most of the people around me - we love to be near the Holte. Please don't give our seats to away fans - just so that they and the Holte End can gesticulate at and taunt each other all game. :cry:

General Krulak here:

1. First, the game: I had not seen us play in person since GH arrived and I must say I was impressed. I think the biggest change I can see is the crisp passing vice "hoofing" the ball all over the pitch. Our lads looked confident and were aggressive on and off the ball. I keep reading about Chelsea missing two of their "stars" and yes, they had two out. We had 4 out and lost another during the game!!! For a 0-0 draw, I thought it was very exciting!! It was also great to be back at Villa Park and see many of the Fans again.

2. Private plane???????? Hey, I am an expert at Terminal 5 at Heathrow!!!!!! I fly commercial...and in my Villa top.

3. Away fans will remain where they are currently located.

4. I was surprised we didn't sell out too. I spoke to Nicky about it and she reminded me that we haven't sold out the Chelsea game in several years...not sure why. Perhaps this time it had to do with time of kickoff and TV.

5. Atmosphere at Villa Park: I am not sure what the Board or Randy can do about that....it would seem to me that this would be an issue for the Fans. I spent some time in the Holte End and the Fans there were in good voice and cheering hard and loud. People use to come on the site and say that things were "low" because of the type of football we were playing...well i think that has changed dramatically and I would hope that the Fans would continue to react positively to the change.

6. There is NO concern about the training ground and trains.