General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

Hi General,

When the team were training in Portugal, the OS was updated with pictures of the team training. I appreciated the photo's that were uploaded and it was a nice insight to see the team happy amongst each other.

It appears that we have a good club photographer but he is not used enough!

If it's possible then a few weekly updates with pictures of the team training with Houllier and the new staff would be great!

Thanks,

Rob

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

I wanted to pass on my thanks to the club for Saturday. My nephew was lucky enough to have been selected as a mascot due to his JV life membership as a season ticket holder and enjoyed a fantastic day cluminating with him walking out on the pitch holding Stewart Downing's hand before kick off. For a 7-year old this was a dream come true that he will remember for the rest of his life. Thank you to all the people at the club who organise this experience and what a fantastic idea to include this prize for young season ticket holders.

Shame about the game but I look forward to GH bringing a fresh approach and ideas to the team and to us improving as the season progresses.

Any chance of Randy getting Ashley Young and Gabby signed up on new long term deals and giving everyone a whole lift?

Hi General,

This is not a transfer question but a question reguarding one of our existing players.

I was wondering if the club are thinking of offering Nigel Reo Coker a new deal? Its a concern for many Villa fans as he could go on a free at the end of the season.

Im sure you yourself will agree the lad is a very strong member of the midfield.He is one of the very few players that have the ability to shut out world class players..He has made Christiano Ronaldo look extremely ordinary in the past and you cant deny the class players he came up against in the peace Cup? He has proven himself to have very good leadership skills along with a top drawer workrate. I have rarely watched a game which he has played and can say he has gone missing..Its a mystery to why he hasnt played more often to alot of fans....But what do we know?

So,can you give us any inkling on whether he will still be a Villa player next season or not?

Many thanks..

Hi General

For a number of years now I have been parking close to VP on match days and then after the match driving home along Aston Hall Rd. Up until the last couple of seasons this has worked fine as the police would turn the road into two lane one way road and traffic would move move albeit slowly away from VP. Now it appears that the police are nowhere to be seen and the road is not made one way. This has the result of traffic chaos as people who are used to this road being one way use the right hand lane only to be confronted by on coming traffic. I have waited up to an hour on some occasions to be able to get out of the car park. I appreciate that the club do not have any control over the policing of the roads around VP but is this something that the club can discuss with the police to help improve the situation and go back to making Aston Hall Rd a one way road until an hour after the final whisle.

Hi General,

I too have sent you couple of PM's in the last few weeks. I thought I had upset you with my little complaint about the North Stand and the catering etc! Glad to see you have just been too busy to answer them.

I just wanted to ask you a couple of things.

1) Did you see my other post regarding the poor 77 year old Bolton fan who sadly passed away at last weekend's game? If so, will the club be sending condolences on behalf of everyone connected with AVFC?

2) Having experienced a bit of a torrid time on here since the end of last season, are YOU still as mad dog passionate about the club as you were prior to MON leaving? I know you have taken quite a lot of unfair criticism but I am hoping that your love of all things Aston Villa is still as strong, if not stronger, than ever.

Keep up the good work Mr K - Up The Villa.

Geneeral Krulak here:

1. paulanddonnya: I checked with our ticketing folks to see if you are right about the ST sales to youth. According to our statistics, we have not seen any reduction in ST sales to youth...I will did into this a bit deeper to see if we can verify your point. Our ticket prices are lower than other Clubs and I am not sure that the recent increase is having the negative effect you stated. BUT, I will dig deeper into this issue.

2. atalbot01: I have passed your comments on to the security folks...it is not satisfactory to have that sort of conduct in a family section. As for the situation re. the hospitality...food, drink etc. We have worked long and hard to increase the speed and quality of service. As I have mentioned many times before, our biggest problem is the concourses themselves. They are tight, do not allow for a fluid queue and ease of "resupply" of the food distribution points. I am not making excuses, just stating the facts. Until and unless we can do something re. the infrastructure, we will always be nipping away at the edges of the problem. We are trying to nip as much as we can.

3. razor: I am unaware of the "return fee" but will check with John Greenfiled about it.

4. I did not get a chance to speak with GH after his first training session with the lads...I would imagine that it was a cobination of training and setting expectations.

5. rob182: I will see what I can do...shouldn't be too difficult.

6. NRC: It is not smart for me to discuss specific players or plans. I will say that I am a fan of NRC. He has an "engine" that won't quit and I like that a good deal.

7. Traffic: As you said, we have no control over the police and their actions. Our security manager meets with the police before each game and lays out our concerns and our wishes...but what happens is out of our hands. Sometimes it is simply a matter of how many police are available to help on game day. Again, we don't even know the numbers until they show up.

8. villarocker: Yes, the Club is sending a condolence card to the family. My feelings towards our Club have not changed one iota...and neither has Randy's. Yes, it has been a hard summer...I would be lying to you if I said something different. At the same time, you can draw strength from adversity and I think that is what happened with our Club...at least with the people who work at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath. They have come together and have worked even harder to make the best of the situation. Randy has been totally dedicated to the Club as has the entire Board. One of the reasons I have been unable to get to all my pm's is because of the amount of time I was spending on other aspects of what has been going on. For those who think that the Club was slow to react or did not move with more alacrity...nothing could be further from the truth. From day 1, ALL that was important was the health of the Club. Do I love the Villa? Absolutely! I know that I have only been involved for 4+ years and for some that is just a drop in the bucket....but that doesn't mean that I am any less passionate or care less about the Club. When you are on the Board...and when you are communicating almost daily on three sites...it is impossible NOT to be passionate about the Club. I am a Aston Villa Football Club Fan...pure and simple!!

4. I did not get a chance to speak with GH after his first training session with the lads...I would imagine that it was a cobination of training and setting expectations.

I'm interested by this, General.

Surely GH has himself had some expectations placed on him by Randy. I would be intrigued to know what they might be.

I know the club says it's long term ambitions have not changed, but given that the short term plans do seem to, at least in some senses, have altered, could you tell us what exactly the club hopes to achieve over the next 3 years?

General Krulak here:

1. Obviously Randy and GH have had lengthy discussions...as you would expect. It would not be wise for me to articulate what may have taken place during those discussions. What I think is obvious to all is that both Randy and GH want to move the Club forward...and both realize that will take continued emphasis on the positives of the Club and to seek to improve on those positives. Randy will listen closely to what GH has to say...he hired him to take us forward and has great confidence in him.

Thanks Gen for listening, I will be interested with the outcome. One thing I will say, which also coincides with the abusive language in the family section, is that people who were on lesser budgets with kids maybe went for the cheap package - thus you ended up with people in the enclosure purely as it was cheaper, and not because they wanted a "family atmosphere".

As I would imagine it is about time discussions are made for next year, a family deal for all parts of the ground I think may be an option.

You didn't answer the clock question - please tell me it's sorted !.

Also, and I know you have been bombarded with questions regarding it over the past month, but has a twist.

Regarding the screen. I can understand that it may have had to be taken down due to the work carried out - but why wasn't it just put back up wher ethe new "very amateur" one is. There is shed loads of room heightwise and, from the naked eye the new screen looks wider so that cant be it, and as there are no seats there, it wouldn't have impaired any view - can you shed light on this ?

Thanks as always

Paul

Hi General, couple questions.

Would you say one of the targets under Houllier is to cut down the wage bill? Was reported in the papers, some players I won't name were looking to be sold, is this still something your looking at? Because we do seem to have players who are in the squad, not playing on wages that well they shouldn't be! Has this been discussed with GH or it almost a fresh start?

Also, is there any possible chance you can get the club to do an interview with Delph and put it up on the OS to see how he's progressing. I know it might not be much like interesting or change, but it's nice to see how players who have big futures at this club is getting on, how long until they start running, light training, resume full training, hopefully playing etc...

Oh last one, would there be the possibility of moving the screen near the Holte to the other corner? is that even something that could take place?

Because currently, people in the Holte can't see the screen, while I'm guessing in the trinity, a lot of people struggle to either. They are the two biggest stands. While Doug Ellis which part of is filled by away fans as well the worst stand (North Stand) get to see the screen. So currently, instead of say 25,000 Villa fans being able to see it, it's now about 12,000!

Not really a complaint but just something worth pondering if that option is available?

General

Do I love the Villa? Absolutely! I know that I have only been involved for 4+ years and for some that is just a drop in the bucket....but that doesn't mean that I am any less passionate or care less about the Club. When you are on the Board...and when you are communicating almost daily on three sites...it is impossible NOT to be passionate about the Club. I am a Aston Villa Football Club Fan...pure and simple!!

No need to tell us that General, since we all know you do. I also think you understand our high expectations because it goes hand in hand with our famous history. All we ask is that you and Randy do your best to help us realise those high expectations.

We now have a manager whom can proberly take us further forward, and for him to do that means further backing from Randy. Its not easy, we all realise that, but in this league, and its not money alone.......but it does make a big difference.

We have a great youth system, and some very good youngsters coming through. We have some very decent first team players, and the respect of a lot of other clubs. We are in my estimation, three decent signings off having a very good side, and i think its that fact, that gets so many frustrated. So close, but so far.

I know you cant say nout about how much is in the kitty, so im not going to ask. I will just leave my trust in yourself and Randy, because im sure you see the same as we do. 8)

General Krulak here:

1. paulanddonya: Consideration for the family is ALWAYS central to discussions we have re. tickets as well as atmosphere. This is something that has always been important to Randy...and I think you have seen that. I will get the clock sorted out...where is it located exactly? The screen: I recognize this is a big issue and so does the Club. The SCG raised it this weekend. Let's see what happens. The issue has to do with the renovation that will take place.

2. AVFC-Pride....:I am sure wage structure has been part of discussions with GH. At the same time, Randy's support of GH has also been a part of the discussions. I will see what I can do to get a Delph interview on the OS.

3. chrisnicholstoe: As you know, Randy has always backed his Manager...nothing will change.

Hi General, just letting you know I posted you a PM a while ago about text competitions and my ideas about them from a marketing and revenue generation point of view. No rush on getting back to me but would appreciate a response from yourself when you get the chance, and perhaps forward it onto anyone who deals with competitions or the text system, or maybe a contact I could send the idea to directly.

Geneeral Krulak here:

8. villarocker: Yes, the Club is sending a condolence card to the family. My feelings towards our Club have not changed one iota...and neither has Randy's. Yes, it has been a hard summer...I would be lying to you if I said something different. At the same time, you can draw strength from adversity and I think that is what happened with our Club...at least with the people who work at Villa Park and Bodymoor Heath. They have come together and have worked even harder to make the best of the situation. Randy has been totally dedicated to the Club as has the entire Board. One of the reasons I have been unable to get to all my pm's is because of the amount of time I was spending on other aspects of what has been going on. For those who think that the Club was slow to react or did not move with more alacrity...nothing could be further from the truth. From day 1, ALL that was important was the health of the Club. Do I love the Villa? Absolutely! I know that I have only been involved for 4+ years and for some that is just a drop in the bucket....but that doesn't mean that I am any less passionate or care less about the Club. When you are on the Board...and when you are communicating almost daily on three sites...it is impossible NOT to be passionate about the Club. I am a Aston Villa Football Club Fan...pure and simple!!

Hi General,

Thanks for the reply.

It is good to know that the club is sending a card of condolence to the family of the man who passed away at last weekend's game.

I am glad to see that your still as passionate as ever. I wasn't for one minute suggesting that your loyalty to the cause is wavering. I guess I was asking whether the fans had got to you a bit too much and had tainted your view of the club, or more likely, the fans. I thought that you would come back with a positive outlook on things but hadn't seen it for a while and so it is nice to see you make such a passionate statement.

I would like to ask you when you are gong to start making your match predictions? I like a little flutter on the footie scores and it would be good to get some input from you. I just hope you don't get charged with match fixing if you get any right! :winkold:

Thanks for the reply General

Keep up the good work and I hope you get a Delph interview sorted. He looks like a special player and I'm sure a lot of us are interested in his progress.

Rob

Hi General

I have mentioned this before but the OS always seems to be running second to SSN who had yesterdays press conference with GH on ages before the OS and I did not see reported on the OS the starting date for GH but it was on SSN and in all the papers next day.

As we pay quite a bit for this site I would have thought we as Villa fans should be the first to view these interviews.

general,

whose idea was it for us to once again play at home on the same night as west brom? not only that but to have their game kick off 15 minutes after ours (despite it not being on tv or any particular reason for it)

this results in the fair few thousand at a guess villa fans that use the M5 as a route to the game hitting their ground at exactly the final whistle as its a 15minute drive after the game between the grounds

anyone with an ounce of common sense would have our game kick off 15mins after theirs

ive just sat in my car with my stickers and villa badge air freshner and my villa shirt on surrounded by around 10k baggies for 10 minutes of traffic, im glad they won and came out happy