General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Could you offer an explanation as to why GH had no idea that Nigel Reo-Coker was in the last year of his contract? Of all the things he has to deal with or at the very least consider, I thought this may be quite high up on the agenda.

General !!! Just been having a discussion regarding the beginnings of AVFC when the founder members back in 1874 discussed our inception under a gas lamp.

My thoughts are when the new North Stand development takes place could we not build a replica of this event as a focal point at the rear of the stand.

This would be unique to Villa Park and show the influence Of Aston Villa in the formation of league football and our beginings.

Maybe you could put some thought to this and ask for discussion with fellow Villa supporters.

I await your thoughts with interest.

General,

Just like to point out to you, the shocking treatment that our fans had at Spurs yesterday. Firstly, we were refused to drink beer at half time, when it was on sale before the kick off. We was told that they were ordered to do so by the stewards, whom offered no reason or excuse as to why.

Our supporters behaviour was agian inpeccable, so believe this was done purely out of spite.

I travelled a long way to watch my club, and think im entitled to a bottle of crap beer at half time.

Secondly, the behaviour of the stewrds whom allowed objects to be thrown at us. When we reacted, we were then threatened with eviction!

I dont know about you General, but if somebody throws something at me, im going to have words. Yes, we complained to the imbrcile stewards, whom did nothing.

General, may i suggest that we show the same hospitality to that, when the flotsom arrive at villa park on boxing day, and close the kiosks to the scum.

General,

31st Oct....28 days time..... Villa Park and a date with destiny

Sir, what are your plans? will you be crossing the pond and coming over to watch the game against small heath...

28 days and counting....i would hope that the plane tickets are already booked...

and if you have any influence...please pass on to GH that this means everything...and i mean EVERYTHING....

General Krulak here:

1. chips'ngravy: I can assure you that anytime GH speaks of Liverpool, it is not meant to denigrate our Club. Taken out of context, it may seem that way but I know that is not his intent.

2. jonno_2004: Let's be honest here, GH has a helluva lot on his plate right now and one of those things is "contracts." Believe me, we have people tracking these things down to a fair-the-well...as you would imagine. I would not get too exercised over this...it is covered. GH certainly recognizes the play of NRC and his value.

3. WellHeathLions: An interesting and novel idea. Might be worth an SCG discussion.

4. ChrisNichollsToe: I had not heard of this treatment...thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will pass on your comments to our Head of Security so he can pass feedback to the Spurs. I confess that I do not want to see us respond in like manner....we are too good for that.

5. imavillan: Absolutely!!

6. Tough game!! I honestly thought we played well enough to get a point but "thinking and getting" don't buy much in the world of football.

4. ChrisNichollsToe: I had not heard of this treatment...thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will pass on your comments to our Head of Security so he can pass feedback to the Spurs. I confess that I do not want to see us respond in like manner....we are too good for that.

Thanks General.

I was in a bad mood over it yesterday, and i also confess that treating them the same when they come here is not the right thing. Just needles me so much.

Thing is, we watched one of the guys hand out beer to three fans just before we got to the kiosk. So where did the ban come from?

The stewarding was pathetic, and has been an issue there for years. I wish our head of security luck when contacting them, and expect the usual promise that they will look into it, then just carry on as normal.

If they kept a wider open area of empty seats, then they would not have such a problem, since its easier to monitor and deal with the people who throw objects. The sad thing is, i wisely left my 11 year old son at home for this game, because i knew there would be this problem.

Anyways, general. im babbling on here, so i will just say thankyou again

UTV

Hi General I hope all is well and your not a golfing man! :hooray:

Jokes aside, can you shed any more light on:

1) The exact date in November the kits will be ready for sale - i know you are looking into this, so just a chaser!

2) can both kits be released on the same date? bearing in mind the delays?

3) Has a decision been made between AVFC and Nike regarding this seasons kit following on into the 2011/12 season? I am thinking of buying the kits for myself and my kids for christmas, but will more than likely resist tempation if the lits only have a 6 month shelf life.

and finally....

4) Can someone get GH a villa tie please General. Maybe an AVFC tattoo across his heart too - the latter is a joke. but a Claret and Blue tie would be a nice touch.

Look forward to hearing from you General.

General Krulak here:

1. chips'ngravy: I can assure you that anytime GH speaks of Liverpool, it is not meant to denigrate our Club. Taken out of context, it may seem that way but I know that is not his intent.

. I'm sure thats not his intent, once or twice is ok but it's nearly ever interview (and in the others the media themselves insert some liverpool reference/fact , but I'm aware you've no control over that.)It's like a girlfriend talking about en ex boyfriend, and what worked well or not so i that relationship. We dont care...what we're interested in is GH ASTON VILLA MANAGER!!

Can I second the Villa Tie for GH idea.

1) The exact date in November the kits will be ready for sale - i know you are looking into this, so just a chaser!

I just need to know if it will be out by November 19th as I have promised to buy it for my godson for his birthday and need to know if I should start looking at alternative presents

can I third the villa tie for G.H. as well please

Hi General, do you know if the current replica jersey is going to be valid for the following ('11/'12) season too? I assume given the time-scales of designing/agreeing/developing a new jersey that these decisions have already been made.

General Krulak here:

1. I communicated with Nicky Keye today regarding the upgrade to the Ticketmaster system...to include "select a seat." She indicated that she hoped to go "live" within the next few days and will keep me posted as to when it happens.

2. PKAVFC: I will see if I can get answers to all of your questions...stand by.

3. leemond2008: I see the problem....again, let me see if I can get the exact date.

4. Believe me, GH is the Villa Manager and he knows that!! 99% of the time now, the questions posed to him are placed in context of "what has been"...not what is. He does a good job of answering....and certainly is focused on the Villa. As for the tie, I will buy him one.

As for the tie, I will buy him one.

Will you adopt a sell to buy policy? - joke.

Actually General, has Randy got an AVFC tattoo, as reported in the media? And do you reckon he would ever come on here to say a few words sometime?

Anyhow, thanks for the reply General, look forward to hearing some news soon.

General Krulak here:

1. PKAVFC: Yes, Randy has an AVFC tattoo on his ankle. Here is the latest on the new Kit. On the 25th of October we will be announcing the exact dates of the kit release. The Home Kit will be released first followed by the Away Kit. As I have mentioned before, this problem has ZERO to do with the Club. Simply put, the material used for the first kit was defective and we were NOT going to release a kit that was not good to go for our Fans. The quality problem was first noted after the Celtic Shirt went on sale. We are currently discussing the issue of "shelf life" of the new kit.

General

it will be helpful if the ticketmaster system can allow individual seat selection, although you may well find the problem experienced by theatres that have similar systems, namely people select seats in 2's or 3's and leave a gap between themselves and the next occupied seat.

you end up with lots of single seats, which are normally harder to sell.

At the moment however, i can't buy a ticket for the cup game against burnley online.

the game just isnt showing as available.

its inconvenient for me as i usually work nights so going to the ticket office takes up my sleep time!

Hi General,

AVTV - Could it be sold in the shop/online shop as a "gift card". I think it would be quite a good birthday present/xmas present...but people want an actual present to give which is not possible at the moment.

If its a AVFC birthday/xmas card with a unique code inside then it could work for being sold as a gift!

Might boost the sales a little. Any word on whether season ticket holders will get AVTV "free" for having a season ticket in the future?

All the best.

Hi General,

I was wondering if you can comment on how Fxpro feel about the shirt delay, as I am sure they expected 1000's of people walking around with their company on their front by now.

Are Fxpro looking for a "discount" on their deal now?

Thank you for your time.

Chef

Hi General

What are your thoughts on Houllier so far? Has he impressed you and Randy? He's impressed me, I like the way he goes about his business, possibly the best manager you could have got, well done from, me.