General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

General Krulak here:

1. hobbo: I am not sure who this "well connected" person is but....he obviously knows more than Nike. Simply put, the kit was initially made with a faulty weave and rather than accept a shoddy product, they are doing it over for us. It has ZERO to do with the Croatia kit. Not sure how rumors like that get started.

2. John_lerwell: Not sure what you are "reading between the lines"...certainly nothing that says we aren't going to have a proper museum. As for your apparent concern with interactive facilities, I can only tell you that the Museum of the Marine Corps, a $150 million facility, has a good deal of interactive exhibits and they are HUGE favorites! I would not discount something that has such great appeal to all ages. In fact, most new museums throughout the world are interactive in many respects. I happen to know because I am the Co-Chairman of the Founders Group of the Museum of the Marine Corps and travelled extensively in Europe and America looking at the finest museums. This is the state of the art today. It will be dynamite for our Club.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General krulak here:

1. I have just finished my backlog of pm's. I want to sincerely apologize to those who wrote me and had to wait for so long for a reply. Some issues were overtaken by events...and, again, I am sorry. I also greatly appreciate some of the kind messages re. the past couple of months. I tried to pass all of them to Randy. Again, I apologize for the delay.

Thanks for your help with mine, much appreciated :-)

UTV.

General Krulak here:

2. John_lerwell: Not sure what you are "reading between the lines"...certainly nothing that says we aren't going to have a proper museum. As for your apparent concern with interactive facilities, I can only tell you that the Museum of the Marine Corps, a $150 million facility, has a good deal of interactive exhibits and they are HUGE favorites! I would not discount something that has such great appeal to all ages. In fact, most new museums throughout the world are interactive in many respects. I happen to know because I am the Co-Chairman of the Founders Group of the Museum of the Marine Corps and travelled extensively in Europe and America looking at the finest museums. This is the state of the art today. It will be dynamite for our Club.

:) Thank you General.

Yes, I am quite aware of the benefits of interactive facilities and I hope I have not said anything that indicates that I am not in some agreement. However, there have been some costly failures (or at least severe difficulties) with that approach, but I am sure you know of those.

The important thing is though that I suspect you will find when it comes to looking at what over-30s hope for in a museum then it will be somewhat different to the younger ones - at least that's the plentiful feedback I get. Yes, a good number of dads will like the interactive facilities to play with their sons, but they will also greatly appreciate the more conventional form of museum which (in Villa's case) could include a great deal of imaginitive displays apart from the photographs.

Both forms of displays have a place, but it would be a question of providing space to accommodate it all, and could that space be available (?). Incidentally, on that last point I did make a suggestion to the Villa management about the acquisition of the bus museum building across the road when I heard of the financial difficulties it was facing (is it still?).

Hi General

Howz it hanging me man 8)

Well, you might have guessed that a few sherberts have crossed my path tonight. Dont feel sorry for me, it will pass.....literally!

Anyways...... To my question!

Villa in the communty.

I think we should invite local schools to the club, free of charge, meet a couple of players.......proberly Gabby, AND SELL THE CLUB!!!!!

No, not literally sell it, but make kids see the light.

A kiddies day, once a month......alll players must attend. Back to the routes sort of thing :winkold:

General.....i like you 8) , and you come across as a reaaly cool dude. Im cool too....but most of me mates think i stink of B-O. But hey, im happy with that :(

I guess after all the above gibberish, and if this actually gets through the Mods....then i really, really love you and Randy.....in a straight sence, and not a gay one.

Genaral, i love you 8)

Just to help the gen out a little i can tell you that i was at VP in the week for a seminar, at the same time i saw at least two bus loads of school kids turn up and be subsequently taken around the ground.

A school teacher friend of mine also took his school team to VP for a tournament maybe a year or so ago. At the end Gabby came out and handing free shirts out to all of the kids.

General Krulak here"

1. I can assure you that we have a very active community affairs organization and are constantly working with schools in the neighborhood.

2. A very nice win today. I thought the lads played hard...great work by Heskey, Cuellar, Young and NRC...in fact by all. I confess that the 2nd half had me on the edge of my seat but....never easy to go into a derby and win it at the other team's "house." One game at a time...that is how we need to view them.

Hi Gen.

I popped down to VP last Sunday with the other half to see the wedding fayre.

While i was there i thought i would take the opportunity to purchase some extra tickets for some friends, as online i find its difficult to get a specific location. To my suprise I found that the ticket office is closed on Sundays!! The club shop was open as normal. Now for a club the size of ours i find this amazing, especially as so much was going on in and around VP, official coaches were leaving for Wolves away, stadium tours, as well as the wedding fayre, i'm sure we have missed out on a few sales, people taking the opportunity to buys tickets. Is there any reason why it is closed?

General as you are well aware (being one of them) a lot of fans travel to games by air and getting to and from BHX and Aston is difficult at the best of times (impossible on Holidays) has the club or would the club be willing to partner with a coach service to shuttle fans between the stadium and the airport? Obviously it would be great if the flying fans could arrange this themselves but that's not easy with them coming from the four corners. Perhaps it could be organized through the Lions Club where fans pre-purchase tickets so whomever provides the coaches can meet the demand, some game days it'd be a minibus, others it would be a fleet. I know in the past I have myself resorted to scrounging lifts, paying through the nose for taxi's and on one sorry occasion leaving early and missing a very memorable Villa goal in order to get to the airport.

General

When looking to book match tickets on avfc website ticket page, to check ticket availability individual blocks in each stand can be checked but there are no individual seating plans for each block. It would be helpful and advantageous to view seating plans to see which specific seats are available (like they are in theaters, arenas etc), especially as my wife is disabled.

Why are actual seating plans not availlable to view ??

Please could it be possible to have all the seating plans be put on to view for booking tickets ?? (to help me understand : if not why not ?)

Much appreciated if you can enlighten me on this.

Thank you Sir

General, you never responded to my query about the biggest animal, in your estimation that you would be able to throw over a crossbar from the edge of the six yard box. - I think anything larger than a Labrador would be too amitious myself - I would be interested in your thoughts.

General Krulak here:

1. corleone: A very interesting and critical question that not only deserves and answer but demands an answer. My sense is that with a wee bit of upper body "tuning", I could throw a hedge hog over the crossbars from the edge of the six yard box.

2. steve_avfc: I am getting your suggestion to Nicky.

3. Betting kiosk in No. Stand lower. I will check on this.

4. New kit...I will get the date.

Oh you've done it now Gen!

I'm predicting Tomorrow's headline on the back page of the Express and Star "Charles Krulak: I could throw a hedge hog over the crossbars from the edge of the six yard box"!

:lol:

General Krulak here:

1. corleone: A very interesting and critical question that not only deserves and answer but demands an answer. My sense is that with a wee bit of upper body "tuning", I could throw a hedge hog over the crossbars from the edge of the six yard box.

:thumb: - I usually find Hedgehogs to be unwilling participants in this particular exercise so usually opt for an animal of a less ill tempered nature.

General, I think a hedgehog would be a little simple and lightweight for a guy of such fine military standing and I challenge you to consider something a little larger? Could I tempt you into risking an escalated attempt at a humble Bunny rabbit? I think you could get a good firm grip by the ears?

After all, a hedgehog would require some accurate handling. Would you go for a Bunny instead, or even as a follow on?

Great to see some humour in this thread after a long, painful summer.

UTV...