General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

General Krulak here:

1. dogbonus: You are correct about the downside to seat selection but the upsides are obvious too. Re. Burnley...for issues like this, it is best to call Nicky Keye at Ticketing...she or one of her folks will help sort it.

2. villanwesty88: That is an idea worth looking at...well done!!!!

3. chefdoc2000: Obviously Fxpro is also disappointed.

4. the understudy: I think we are all very impressed and happy with GH. He is a no-nonsense Manager who has a very keen understanding of the tactics of the game and is able to get his points across to the players in an effective manner. He is very well organized and is respected by all the folks at Bodymoor Heath. He is a good person.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks General.

Does Mr. Houllier have any specific aims from the board? I am aware the main instruction will be "progress but not at the expense of our financial sustainibility", but is he expected (or is believed able) to maybe get a cup or two / Champions League place during his reign here, however long that may be?

General Krulak here:

1. theunderstudy: I can assure you that neither Randy nor the Board has lowered expectations....we want silverware and we want Champions League. Nothing has changed. We also believe that it will come!!

Evening General,

Encouraging comments from you as always!

I'm not sure who is entrusted in publishing the "Weekly Wallpaper" feature on the Official Site, but whoever it is has not earned their pennies for October!

This weeks wallpaper is simply the wallpaper from 7 weeks ago but zoomed in!

If it is proving difficult for someone to take one photo per week then please order them to pack their bags and I will happily take a photo every week for the small wage of.... the new villa shirt :winkold:

Though I'm joking, I do like the wallpapers and was disappointed to see this weeks poor effort.

Rob

Evening General,

Encouraging comments from you as always!

I'm not sure who is entrusted in publishing the "Weekly Wallpaper" feature on the Official Site, but whoever it is has not earned their pennies for October!

This weeks wallpaper is simply the wallpaper from 7 weeks ago but zoomed in!

If it is proving difficult for someone to take one photo per week then please order them to pack their bags and I will happily take a photo every week for the small wage of.... the new villa shirt :winkold:

Though I'm joking, I do like the wallpapers and was disappointed to see this weeks poor effort.

Rob

I further this. Whilst the wallpapers themselves are nice, I'd like to see two things:

Firstly the rest of the squad given the same treatment as the likes of Ireland, Petrov and Gabby have been (those wallpapers are ace, and even better as they follow the same theme) and I imagine quite a 'quickie' job. I also think it's good if kids can get their favourite player and not just get three to pick from as it is at the moment.

Secondly, the 'weekly' wallpaper becomes something truly weekly - a game, picture of training session, pitch repairs or whatever - there must be loads of pictures taken over the week that could be uploaded as a wallpaper in a matter of minutes.

This really would be great and a simple thing to be done.

Hi General,

Big thanks for you continued efforts on this forum its certainly appreciated. Hope you can make it over to VP some time soon!

I was wandering what your views and opinions are on the UEFA financial fair play rule, as not a lot of people seem to be discussing this matter so far.?

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2010/10/08/qa-on-financial-fair-play-and-the-mountain-manchester-city-have-to-climb/

Do you think it will create more team mobility within in the PL?

Look forward to a response!

Keep up the good work General!

General Krulak here:

1. theunderstudy: I can assure you that neither Randy nor the Board has lowered expectations....we want silverware and we want Champions League. Nothing has changed. We also believe that it will come!!

Silverware and Champions League . . . we done it before, we'll do it again . . . our time will come.

General, Sir!

In the Off Topic section, there is a thread entitled 'Famous Quotes from History'. I would love to hear some of the quotes that have inspired you in the past whether military or otherwise.

Cheers for your time.

Hi General

Completely different tack to my previous question.

As you are a senior member of the board at Villa, you will have heard about the legendary Paul McGrath, the finest player to pull on the Villa jersey.

I would like you to have a look at this article done recently.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/vincent-hogan/vincent-hogan-lsquoirsquom-trying-to-fight-a-winning-battle-but-irsquom-nearly-certain-irsquom-not-winningrsquo-2366495.html

He is a legend here, and we really hope you and the rest of the board can think of ways to support this great man who fought and still fights his demons even now.

So please, and I know all of the other Villans hope the same, can you try and give him a pick-up, a feeling of self-worth, and a reason to pull himself together, as the man is not only a footballing great (IMO) but I know people who have met him and say he is a really nice bloke.

Thanks

The Understudy

Hiya General,

First - let me appologise if it has been asked before but....

Is our Training Complex under threat from the new propsed high speed rail link?

The reason I ask is becuase I have noticed a few protest signs on the main road to and from Tamworth, near to the turn off that leads to the training ground.

Thank you

Hi General, I hope you are well and had a good weekend (and a few beers)

I wish to add to the comments on Paul Mcgrath, who's nickname to us villains is GOD. I am sure you know he is a true Villa legend. I appreciate the club cannot just put there arm around someone in need, but if this guy could be provided with say, a seat m at villa park for life, or something similar. He really is one of us, it annoys me when man utd fans think he was at his peak there (wrong)

I have an idea and I hope you can give it consideration, at least from the AVFC side of things.

Is there any chance you can get Paul down to Villa Village in the near future? it was a shame he was not there to sign the recent villa history book.

For example, can he be asked to come down to the villa when the new shirts come out? trust me general, even if them kits were out for 2 weeks, no one would miss out on seeing ooh ahh Paul Mcgrath and so, getting a photo and signature. It would be a massive coup for AVFC and for us fans too, so everyones a winner. He has a dvd out that he is promoting, so this could be a good bit of publicity for him too.

For example, BUY a kit and dvd and get it signed (or an old shirt to sign - but a new shirt purchased) by Paul Mcgrath himself.

I understand it has to work both ways and he would need to come, even if offered. but this would be a top event and good for the club, the fans and the great man himself.

Hi General,

Is Saturdays game heading for a sell out?

On attendacnes do you put the recent downturn in numbers simply down to the previous manager leaving and lack of transfer activity in the summer or do you think there may be other reasons?

Kindest Regards

Mark

General Krulak here:

1. Rob182: I will get on the wall paper issue!

2. villaAFC2000: Like every big move like this, the devil is in the detail...and there are always unintended consequences. BUT, from a macro view, this should level the playing field to a degree and increase the quality of play throughout the league.

3. PKAVFC: Paul McGrath is a hero and legend to all of us....Fans, Board, current players, etc. I cannot agree more with your thoughts and those of others. The Club will not and does not turn its back on "Family." We will figure out what is the best thing to do...in consonance with the individual himself.

4. Saturday will be a sell out....as will 4 of the next 5 games. I will be there myself!!!

3. PKAVFC: Paul McGrath is a hero and legend to all of us....Fans, Board, current players, etc. I cannot agree more with your thoughts and those of others. The Club will not and does not turn its back on "Family." We will figure out what is the best thing to do...in consonance with the individual himself.

Thanks General, thats really good to hear. we look forward to any news on this, where possible of course. I am sure it would give him a boost to be back down the villa - where he belongs!

2. villaAFC2000: Like every big move like this, the devil is in the detail...and there are always unintended consequences. BUT, from a macro view, this should level the playing field to a degree and increase the quality of play throughout the league.

Thanks for the response general - Legend!!!

Great news that your over here for one of the games - you should do a team talk before the game!

Morning General,

Hope all is well with yourself and your family.

Just a quick question about the Scouting system. It was well documented that MON's scouting system wasnt the best, and that one of the reasons Houllier was being appointed was to sort out this problem. I was just wondering if he has started fixing this problem and if you are able to tell us what steps he has began to take?

Oh, and i heard a rumour that Kevin McDonald has been linked with a few manager jobs in Scotland - just wondering if theres much truth in this?

Thanks General.

General Krulak here:

1. Rob182: I will get on the wall paper issue!

Thanks Gen!

While you're at it, ask them where I can get a bottle of this "Luzozade Sport"

Win VIP tickets to Villa v Chelsea and Blues with Luzozade Sport

:winkold:

Seriously.. if they want me to step in and proof read the whole website, I will!

Rob

General Krulak here:

1.avillafan.com: I would say that GH has a very mature view of scouting and what is needed. He has taken this on and I am sure he will move us forward in this area.

2. I do not know anything about KM moving on.

General

When looking to book match tickets on avfc website ticket page, to check ticket availability individual blocks in each stand can be checked but there are no individual seating plans for each block. It would be helpful and advantageous to view seating plans to see which specific seats are available (like they are in theaters, arenas etc), especially as my wife is disabled.

Why are actual seating plans not availlable to view ??

Please could it be possible to have all the seating plans be put on to view for booking tickets ?? (to help me understand : if not why not ?)

Much appreciated if you can enlighten me on this.

Thank you Sir

I was just about to make the same observation.I wish to bring an u16 to a match and want them near my season ticket seat,online we cant ensure that.

So my next thought was a half season ticket but due to the fact i sit in the doug ellis upper there is no half price available for under 16s...why? Its empty around me most of the time so why is it adult prices only????

thank you general