General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

I would just like to know what your predicted scoreline is for tomorrow's game?

Oh, and one more thing, I think it's fantastic of the club to get into the spirit of Halloween by allowing around 2,500 zombies into Villa Park on Sunday lunchtime! :P

Up The Villa :flag:

General

I am sure you would remember the below what you posted in February before the Carling cup final;

''Regarding the game tomorrow. If I were talking to the team, I would simply say that "Destiny and your talent have brought you to this moment in time. What happens tomorrow rests in your minds and in your hearts. You all are in good condition, you have trained hard, you have the support of the most rabid fan base in the Premiership, and you have taken 4 points off of ManU out of 6. You know you can beat them if you play your hearts out. They put on their boots just like you do...they get tired like you do...they are not supermen....they are footballers like you. Destiny is ready to grasp...go out and grasp it. Do me one favor...leave every bit of effort you have out on the Pitch. Leave your guts out there...play like madmen...and bring this one home!!!!!"

Semper Fidelis, General Krulak

General

Please would you give a team talk, relevant to winning, to our players just before the game on Sunday, it is a game we must win. Even if you are not attending the game, hopefully you would give a team talk by telephone.

Thank you Sir

Hello General

As i'm sure you are aware, season ticket holders get a 10% discount off purchases from the Villa store, which is a nice touch and much appreciated.

BUT

You can't get this discount when shopping via the online store. There is no place to enter your client reference number to get the discount online for some reason. I've lost track of the times i've added items to my basket, and then had to call instead to activate the discount.

Surely it can't be that hard to make it available online too ?

Thanks

Hi General,

some clubs have come out and confirmed they will be wearing poppies (to mark rememberance day) Will we do the same?

Infact, When we play United next they'll have it stiched on their shirts.. will we do the same?

Sorry to answer for you General. Look on the OS, we are having poppies stitched onto our shirts as well.

General, I would like to ask what you thought of the Rapid Vienna supporters at VP?

The reason I ask is this is that you may be aware that their is a group of Villa supporters trying to create a similar atmosphere making expereince for Villa. Would the club be willing to work with a group of so called Ultra's i.e. giving them their own designated area for them to organise displays and chant etc or would they prefer to distance themselves from this particular way of support?

general please sort your stewards out because they will cause a problem one day. Guy walking back to his seat, ball is cleared for a throw in, guy walking past heads ball back on pitch and seemed to fall over barrier in come stewards who eject him! What a joke! People can't get in cubicles at half time for people in there smoking yet they act like this

Just a point, General, at the rate our 'stewards' seem to be ejecting fans we'll be running out of them soon enough. I'm sure you're aware of in a business sense, at least at a certain level, the consequences of poor 'customer care' and word of mouth.

Much like the performance and tactics today; not good enough I'm afraid.

General Krulak here:

1. The game: I confess that today's game, in some ways, reminded me of some of our Superbowl games in the US. What is hoped for...an exciting and dramatic game...becomes not so exciting and dramatic because it is played conservatively on both sides. Each wants to win very badly but they also do not want to lose. Having some key players out hurt us a bit...I am sure that GH had to alter his strategy to make up for changes in the lineup. I thought the 2nd half was better...some good substitutions caused more creativity. I hate draws but I would not have wanted to come away with zero points. I honestly believe we are the better team and we will show it when we play them the next couple of games.

Hi General

I hate to say I told you so but it was clear before the season started that we were not going to score enough goals.

9 goals in 10 games, no goals in 3 league matches on the trot and our 4th choice striker last season now on his own up front!

It looks like it's going to be a long season. Can you understand why a number of fans are worried about exactly where this great club is heading?

Thanks.

General Krulak here:

1. The game: I confess that today's game, in some ways, reminded me of some of our Superbowl games in the US. What is hoped for...an exciting and dramatic game...becomes not so exciting and dramatic because it is played conservatively on both sides. Each wants to win very badly but they also do not want to lose. Having some key players out hurt us a bit...I am sure that GH had to alter his strategy to make up for changes in the lineup. I thought the 2nd half was better...some good substitutions caused more creativity. I hate draws but I would not have wanted to come away with zero points. I honestly believe we are the better team and we will show it when we play them the next couple of games.

General

Yes Sir, you are correct. We ARE the better team, we are better than them. Always have been, always will be. It was a good atmoshere, our fans were loud. I hope our fellow fans will be as loud for ALL our games. Like the Rapid Vienna fans.

general please sort your stewards out because they will cause a problem one day. Guy walking back to his seat, ball is cleared for a throw in, guy walking past heads ball back on pitch and seemed to fall over barrier in come stewards who eject him! What a joke! People can't get in cubicles at half time for people in there smoking yet they act like this

That guy should been given an apology by the club.

General, is there a clause in Dunne's contract stating that if healthy he must start?

Many, many people can see that he's the 4th best centre half at the Villa so far this season. Cuellar after being man of the match against wolves and being solid against blackburn and once again man of the match vs. burnley has been dropped way down the "depth chart"

What gives? Dunne almost single handedly blew the match for us today. Thankfully Jerome didn't pass to his wideopen teammate for the score.

It seems like there is no fair standard of who plays and who doesn't at the Villa.

Would you agree that the players should get to play on merit alone?

Can you enlighten us all a bit on this situation?

General,

You and I have exchanged PM's already this season over the issue of stewarding at VP. For your info this took place in the lower Doug Ellis, exactly the place I pointed out to you earlier.

The incident today was a total disgrace but just reinforced to me the fact that some amount of customer relations training must be given before people are allowed to steward at games. Today's incident could quite easily have got out hand had some of the crowd waded in to help the poor young lad, it was after all quite a heated occasion anyway.

I am quite sure that nothing will be done as I feel that customer service is not high on your agenda right now - now perhaps if we were corporate customers.............

General,

You and I have exchanged PM's already this season over the issue of stewarding at VP. For your info this took place in the lower Doug Ellis, exactly the place I pointed out to you earlier.

The incident today was a total disgrace but just reinforced to me the fact that some amount of customer relations training must be given before people are allowed to steward at games. Today's incident could quite easily have got out hand had some of the crowd waded in to help the poor young lad, it was after all quite a heated occasion anyway.

I am quite sure that nothing will be done as I feel that customer service is not high on your agenda right now - now perhaps if we were corporate customers.............

Just came to post about this. The stewards were absolute idiots with that decision. All the bloke was doing was having a bit of fun by heading the ball when it came into the crowd and he fell over the advertising hoardings by accident. He was then grabbed and ushered out the ground by several stewards. What's the point? It was an accident and he gave the ball back to the players.

Very disappointed with this. Will not comment on the game as I'm even more disappointed with that.

Thanks

Hi General,

Just want to echo whats said above as regards to this incident. The fella did nout wrong, and the only people that should of been ejected, were the bully boy stewards.

There really does seem to be a minority of thick, gormless, people being employed by you, as stewards. Sooner or later, someone is going to get hurt, and i guess it will be our fault.

The geezer deserves an apology from the club, me thinks.

Hi General.

Sorry if this has been asked already but when will there be two big screens at VP as opposed to just the one? The last two games I've been sitting in the Holte so it's not been too bad having to crane my neck around every so often but I'll be attending three more home games this month and I'll be sitting right next to the TV in the Trinity Road stand, so I probably wont even be able to see the screen.