General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

just remember, when record transfer fees were less than 10m - we were buying Dean Saunders for 7m, Atksinson for 6m, then Angel for 9.5m

Ellis spent money to - in fact I think he gave JG nearly 80m - and that was 10 yrs ago thats the equivelant of about 300m now !

We have access to someone at the club as senior as General Krulak and he has to read drivel like that?

I am embarrassed for you

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General.

If we get relegated, will the season tickets be cheaper next season?

(Just thought I'd put a question as no one else seems to be)

;-)

General,

I'm just back from Anfield. Not going to ask your thoughts on the game as I'd most likely disagree with your opinion given you think the manager is doing a tremendous job.

Would like your thoughts on this though General.

About 1700 Villa fans at Anfield tonight and despite being served up a load of tripe we out sang the kop from start to finish. At the and of the game our manager gave the Liverpool fans a clap and a wave and didn't bother with his own supporters. Your thoughts please?

For whats its worth I think Houllier thinks he is to good for us, and as no respect for us or the size of the club. Lets not forget this is the guy who said we are a club who finish between 8th and 12th.

Also General I have just found out he touched the Liverpool crest just before the start of the game tonight. Not sure if you know but this is something Liverpool players/managers do before games and have done for years. If Mr Houllier feels that much affection for his old club please free up his Saturdays for him and I will buy him a Liverpool season ticket. He treated tonight's game like it was his testimonial and the players attitude, as is often the case, reflected the managers as they had no fight or desire to win.

The man is a disgrace and is not fit to manage this great club.

Regards

Mark

General

Does the current manager/clown need reminding what club he's currently managing.

What kind of mentality is "i would rather prefer to lose to liverpool" great way of netting potential ticket sales for the home encounter against liverpool next year i might add!!

The bloke is a loser and needs to leave our football club asap.

Gerard Houllier admitted he would prefer to lose to Liverpool than any other side after Aston Villa slumped to a 3-0 defeat at Anfield.

Houllier returned to his former club for the first time since leaving in 2004 after six years in charge and received a warm reception from the Kop.

But the Frenchman watched his Villa side surrender meekly as goals from David Ngog, Ryan Babel and Maxi Rodriguez sealed a comfortable Liverpool victory.

Houllier said: “The fans were good. I liked the fact they chanted my name at the end. There was a banner as well. It's good they remember me.

“It's not emotional but I was extremely touched by that.

“I don't like losing 3-0 but I prefer to do it to Liverpool because I like Liverpool.

“Of course the second goal was offside. I could see it from the side of the pitch.

“The first goal affected our morale. We are not the most confident team at the moment and we needed to start playing.

They are some disgraceful quotes from 'our' manager, coupled with the touching of the Liverpool sign in the tunnel in front of the cameras. What are your thoughts on this?

Gerard Houllier admitted he would prefer to lose to Liverpool than any other side after Aston Villa slumped to a 3-0 defeat at Anfield.

Houllier returned to his former club for the first time since leaving in 2004 after six years in charge and received a warm reception from the Kop.

But the Frenchman watched his Villa side surrender meekly as goals from David Ngog, Ryan Babel and Maxi Rodriguez sealed a comfortable Liverpool victory.

Houllier said: “The fans were good. I liked the fact they chanted my name at the end. There was a banner as well. It's good they remember me.

“It's not emotional but I was extremely touched by that.

“I don't like losing 3-0 but I prefer to do it to Liverpool because I like Liverpool.

“Of course the second goal was offside. I could see it from the side of the pitch.

“The first goal affected our morale. We are not the most confident team at the moment and we needed to start playing.

They are some disgraceful quotes from 'our' manager, coupled with the touching of the Liverpool sign in the tunnel in front of the cameras. What are your thoughts on this?

It's probably Martin O'Neill's fault.

id hope we'll see some disciplinary action taken against the manager for unprofessional conduct in lieu of these comments general?

im sure you wouldnt have been too impressed with one of your boys saying "its ok that we lost that battle, i like the enemy"

General, Mr Houllier is an A1, Grade A, PR disaster.

This week AVFC seem to have been turned into some kind of vehicle for his dewy eyed "I love Liverpool" crap ... problem is as an ASTON VILLA FAN & STH I'm not interested if you've had a lovely day seeing some old friends who have made you a nice banner Mr Houllier, your team has just delivered one of the most abject performances I've ever had the misfortune to see. After that performance injuries or no injuries I want the team locked in the dressing room for 20 minutes getting the hairdryer treatment and G.Mac having to come out and do the interview you were so dying to do. General, his manner and comments show a seeming lack of passion for AVFC and is an insult to those fans that traveled to Merseyside in sub zero temperatures. My nine year old can see our centre halves are struggling, he couldn't believe Carlos didn't start tonight, the way the team was set up tonight stank of surrender. Against a team struggling for results and without 3 of their best players we were wholly negative, Blackpool have won at Anfield this season, why?, because they had a go, their reserve side gave us a run for our money at VP, why?, because they had a go. The way the team was set up tonight we had no chance before a ball was kicked, and you know what, I somehow get the feeling Mr Houllier wouldn't have minded that at all. :angry:

Hi General, been behind GH until now but this really is a disgrace, he has done nothing but bang on about his love for Liverpool since he joined us and now the cherry on the cake with his behaviour tonight. Relegation looks extremely possible to me, i would do everything you can to get Martin Jol or we could end up as another Leeds.

General, Mr Houllier is an A1, Grade A, PR disaster.

This week AVFC seem to have been turned into some kind of vehicle for his dewy eyed "I love Liverpool" crap ... problem is as an ASTON VILLA FAN & STH I'm not interested if you've had a lovely day seeing some old friends who have made you a nice banner Mr Houllier, your team has just delivered one of the most abject performances I've ever had the misfortune to see. After that performance injuries or no injuries I want the team locked in the dressing room for 20 minutes getting the hairdryer treatment and G.Mac having to come out and do the interview you were so dying to do. General, his manner and comments show a seeming lack of passion for AVFC and is an insult to those fans that traveled to Merseyside in sub zero temperatures. My nine year old can see our centre halves are struggling, he couldn't believe Carlos didn't start tonight, the way the team was set up tonight stank of surrender. Against a team struggling for results and without 3 of their best players we were wholly negative, Blackpool have won at Anfield this season, why?, because they had a go, their reserve side gave us a run for our money at VP, why?, because they had a go. The way the team was set up tonight we had no chance before a ball was kicked, and you know what, I somehow get the feeling Mr Houllier wouldn't have minded that at all. :angry:

I second all of the above

General

Did Houllier ever get round to signing his contract in the end? If not, maybe it could be put through the office shredder and him packed off back to Paris on the next Flybe flight? Let's pretend you never appointed him and we'll never mention it again.

A hard night being a Villa fan. Performance was a real shocker but for our manager to be so public with his affection for his previous club is a real sickner. Surely something has to be done? 2 wins in the time he has been with us is a very disappointing return. I really can not see how a board member can back someone and even go as far as to praise him given the statistics.

I only hope that it was the dreaded vote of confidence and that he's down the road before he gets the chance to spend some of the surplus transfer kitty from the sale of our star player.

Not sure if you knew but Martin Jol the man that probably 99% of villa fans wanted is now available after quitting Ajax.

General, you put up with an awful lot in this thread - I'd imagine you've bitten your lip on many an occasion, you've suffered the insults and the brickbats, the ramblings, the ranting and the rudeness, yet still you come back. Maybe I'm a little naive, and if I am then gladly so, but I like to think you keep coming back because you care, because to you this matters, it's worth fighting for and it's important.

Our manager does not care.

One thing i also noticed in the pre match build up was Gerrard signing autographs for Liverpool fans and if i remember correctly a previous poster asked why he never bothers at Villa park. You stated that he was too busy. Obviously not too busy when he's at a previous club for which he prefers to lose too!

General, you put up with an awful lot in this thread - I'd imagine you've bitten your lip on many an occasion, you've suffered the insults and the brickbats, the ramblings, the ranting and the rudeness, yet still you come back. Maybe I'm a little naive, and if I am then gladly so, but I like to think you keep coming back because you care, because to you this matters, it's worth fighting for and it's important.

Our manager does not care.

seconded general

the manager needs to go because of his comments tonight. its as simple as that. how can players go out and play for a guy who says that after a game?

how can fans cheer for a manager who claps the opposition fans while ignoring his own?

right up til those comments i was backing houllier, but now he needs to go. there's absolutely no coming back from that, he's lost the fans and that's the end of his time at villa, whether it happens soon or its a drawn out process, i think he's going to be made feel very unwelcome

and thats a shame, but its his own doing

The below are all taken from this forum, post-match:

"At the end of the game he clapped the Liverpool fans and didn't give two monkeys **** about the 1500 or so of us that had to ensure that tripe but still out sung the kop."

"I was there mate and have said the very same thing, in the **** cold weather we had not only a shit team to watch but OUR manager applauding the Kop, for that reason he should go!"

"Our away support as ever was tremendous not in number tonight but certainly in voice. The fact he was more interested in acknowledging the Liverpool fans really hurt me. Say what you like about the ex manager but as far as the away support was concerned the man always went out of his way to acknowledge us, praised us to the hilt and genuinely appreciated us. This f***er doesn't give two monkeys."

"You know what hurts as well though. I'm just back from Anfield and at the end of 90 mins of gutless tripe and having still out sung the kop from start to finish the manager was more interested in acknowledging the Liverpool fans with a clap and a wave than acknowledging his own teams fans. It was disrespectful and an absolute disgrace."

Houllier's behaviour tonight was completely unacceptable, and if it continues, Villa fans will not put up with it.

"You know what hurts as well though. I'm just back from Anfield and at the end of 90 mins of gutless tripe and having still out sung the kop from start to finish the manager was more interested in acknowledging the Liverpool fans with a clap and a wave than acknowledging his own teams fans. It was disrespectful and an absolute disgrace."

Please take note of this part in particular General. I don't care whether he managed Liverpool for 1 month or 10 years, such actions are TOTALLY out of order and shameful.

Hi General

Today was disappointing. I'm more concerned with the bigger picture, however. We are in the frame for relegation right now, with a poorer record at the same stage of the season than Newcastle had in the 08/09 season. After watching today's performance, I have a couple of questions:

1) Do the Board create contingency plans for relegation? Are you able to share some of what is included in those plans? Will it impact the modernisation of the ground?

2) Will Randy continue as owner in case of relegation? I certainly hope he will.

I'll make my annual trans-Atlantic trip regardless of the division we play in. I'm just curious about how the club plan for darker times.