General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

I wouldn't have a specific problem with the comments last night if they were isolated, but they're not. He hasn't shut up about Liverpool since he joined us, every press conference, every interview, he has been talking about his time at Liverpool.

Probably this is just poor PR, but someone at the club needs to have a word.

The main problem over the past few weeks has been a lack of grit and determination on the pitch; not having the will or desire to fight for the club. I don't see how the manager can instil that whilst casting nostalgic glances backward to a rival club.

To me, general, GH doesn't seem particularly excited by the challenge here.

Thankfully the club is in good hands at boardroom level.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People think I am out of order - for that I am sorry. But sorry, I am not.

I just blame the board general and I don't mind saying it. All I have heard is "one man thought he was bigger than the club". Well two things,

Since his departure, he may not have proved he was bigger, but he has certainly proved who knew best at the club.

But it goes further to me, it started to smell bad long before August.

And if it was just MON - then why did all his backroom team leave ?. Did Steve Walford think he was bigger than the club. I can't remember the exact now, but wasn't it about 10 backroom members that left in the same week.

Now, I bet MON was on a pretty packet and can afford to relax on the golf course for many a year. I don't think the same could be said for some of the backroom crew - they presumably had mortgages, had kids, had loans - so for them to quit ? , and not just wait for what would have happened (new manager comes in, new manager wants his own team, old team get handsome pay offs)

Sorry General and all that can't see it - something HUGE must have happened in August for all those to leave.

And we are now seeing the return.

ANd I didn't even like O'Neill !

General read the thread on 1986 - it is EXACT !. Manager told to sell players, manager quits, new young manager appointed who is out his depth, new manager sacked, experienced manager comes in with no passion, shows he only cares about one thing - and that is another club, Villa get relegated.

Just substitute Ron Saunders , a combination of Tony Barton and Graham Turner and Billy McNeill for Martin O'Neill , Kev McDonald and Gerard Houllier !

First I`d like to thank both Liverpool and Villa for arranging Gérards testimonial during a busy PL fixture week, as I can`t acknowledge that was a league game played by players whom earn more in a week than many a fan will ever see in a years work.

I share the same sentiments as many that are posting on here even after a good nights sleep if you could call it that, and I`m seriously considering re-thinking my commitment to the Villa ( I drive up from Central London every other week and even fly over when I`m working abroad ) as it seems our senior players have zero commitment to the cause, so why should I especially with the costs that It involves.

I`m also questioning the commitment of "Ged Wood" after the ever present Liverpool love in that I was ashamed in seeing and reading since he joined and was ever present last night, as I feel what support he did have mine included has now disappeared quicker than an Italian Tank Regiment, but where do we go from here in all seriousness.

I`m not expecting any answers as I appreciate the role you have within the club and I salute you sir for coming onto these boards but I feel that low at the mo that we`re more likely to get a USB stick from Julian Assange with more answers than you can give us as.

Post to general - I am concious this should not be a debate.

I am going to bring your attention to something that is hanging on my sons bedroom wall. Something I bet only about 10 people on here have seen, or have. Something I think people will be interested in and I think the sentiments are more important today than at anytime in the past 4 yrs.

Letter written 5th May 2007 - author R Lerner

1982 European Champions

To the Villa European Champions and those who supported them.

I wanted to take this opportunity to congratulate you collectively and express my respect (and jealousy!). Whilst I can't know, I do have the strong sense that this day is some time in coming and want to explain that credit must go entirely to the tireless Villa supporters that have guided this new management and group of directors.

Since late last summer, we have had considerable contact with Villa supporters, former players, and even some managers. The consensus hsa been that to move forward we need to reconnect with our past to assure us that we achieve continuity as we face new challenges whether in England or to compete in Europe, as you have done. In my very short time with Aston Villa I have already begun to imagine the magnitude of winning the European Cup. With that, I can only say that it is a privelage to witness and help celebrate your achievement and finally give my assurance that we will maintain such an honour as among our few and most cherished goals.

With my kindest regards

R Lerner

Very telling words. I hope, if you read this before going into your meeting you will print this out. You (The Board) discuss the situation, and in particular, last nights well documented events - and wonder whether Mr Houlliers actions are in context with what you truly believe to be in the best interests of our great club.

May rant - but always be grateful for your time - and - look back - I never use bad language, or personal insult - I just care PASSIONATELY for this club !

GENERAL KRULAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Only kidding Gen :winkold:, good luck replying to these comments without being shot straight back down).

Rob

PS: A lot of posters keep saying things like, "The fans wanted Jol".. Well, I didn't. I was happy with the appointment of an experienced and successful manager, and I won't call for his head just because of a few bad results and a few poor comments. I'll support him through the rough and the smooth (until we're weeks away from relegation.. I might flip then!)

Dear Charles.

In light of recent events such as FIFA's debacle and the Wikileaks saga, the concept of "transparency" is very much in vogue right now. To that end I would like to know why Martin O'Neill left. Can you just give a straight answer without any spin or reverting to petulant asides ?

YOU know what happened.

RANDY knows what happened.

Martin knows what happened.

The only people who don't know what happened are the fans. The people who have been part of Aston Villa for DECADES. We will still be around long after you guys inevitably leave us and I think we deserve to know just what is going on at OUR club. (You are merely custodians and you must NEVER forget that) .

It just seems to me that our government is regularly shafting us, FIFA shafted us, and now of all things OUR own club is shafting us .

I want to know what went wrong and what is the plan ? Is Mr Lerner still willing to spend £30 million on one player or was that just complete fantasy ?

People are genuinely worried and someone needs to come out soon and address these issues.

GENERAL KRULAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Only kidding Gen :winkold:, good luck replying to these comments without being shot straight back down).

Rob

PS: A lot of posters keep saying things like, "The fans wanted Jol".. Well, I didn't. I was happy with the appointment of an experienced and successful manager, and I won't call for his head just because of a few bad results and a few poor comments. I'll support him through the rough and the smooth (until we're weeks away from relegation.. I might flip then!)

Amen to that.

I'll follow villa through thick and thin, even if we were playing in the conference i would attend every game i could afford to. All backing to Houllier and the team.

General

Just to recap the last 8 pages of posts if you haven't got round to reading all of them

HOULLIER MUST GO RIGHT NOW!!!!

Please don't put us through anymore of this mans innocuous ramblings, pathetic gallic shrugs following another defeat because we can't defend set pieces or having to watch the best winger in the country plaing 'in the hole' where he is completely innefective.

Also if you allow this man to carry on following his comments last night at Liverpool then you are saying that money matters more than the self respect of the club & its fans!! Don't put yourselves or us in the position where we have to call for his head on the Holte end!! Because on Saturday we will...make no mistake about that & it will not look good for any of the board for the manager the board appointed only 3 months ago to have the entire Holte end + probably most of the stadium calling for his head!!

Do it General....its the right thing to do

General if nicky Keyes isn't busy maybe she can tell you the English meaning of the word remarkable as I can only assume it must have a different meaning in the states.

Randy needs to do something now because 4 years of hard work is being pissed away. It started in the summer and it continues every game we limp to a pathetic loss under houllier.

General,

How many we expecting on Saturday? Attendances have been going down this season and the managers actions aren't helping are they. Fans have no connection with this fool and its hardly surprising is it. He acted like a child last night. touching the This is Anfield sign before the game, waving/clapping the Liverpool supporters after losing 3-0, failing to acknowledge his own teams supporters as he was so wrapped up in the emotion of it all, his comments about Liverpool both before and after the game. The man is an embarrassment and totally unprofessional. He as made himself look stupid, which I really don't care about, but he as made this great club that I love look stupid and for that I'll never forgive him. We deserve better.

Get rid please before he takes us down. We have the players to be doing so much better but,like the fans, I suspect they have no respect for the manager, especially the senoir players. The players attittude on the pitch will more often than not reflect the manager and at the moment we are gutless, without belief and clueless. Says it all about the manager doesn't it.

General,

I spent 15 hours travelling to watch Villa last night, I also spent probably nearly £300. I understand that it was my choice, but to listen to what our manager said and his actions, I must admit I'm deeply disappointed.

I will not be buying another ticket until a change of manager. I appreciate that Randy will stick with him. I will not.

im not sure if this question has been asked,but i'd like to know if the club isnt going to sack the manager.will the manager be apologizing over the way he has conducted himself since he has came to our club..he has done nothing but talk about livepool since he got here,has done to much talking to the press about players,and to top it all off last night he said he'd rather get beaten 3-0 by liverpool if he was to get beaten by someone..i'm sure you still think he's doing a fantastic job i dont though.

i have also called off a trip over for the Spurs match myself,i'd rather hold onto my money while this shambles is on going.Houllier,Randy and Paul Fulkner have turned this club on its head in recent times its taken only 6 months to turn a team into religation fodder well done to all involved..

After having time to think, i stand by wanting Houllier out and i am also going to give the next few matches a miss as my small way of a protest, i just can't be bothered to make myself broke to watch another gutless performance, i want to be happy over christmas and Villa are my main source of misery at the moment and i fear will continue to be until a change is made.

General

What GH has done and said is detrimental to our stature, credibility, respect, revenue. Since GH came in I thought give him a chance but surely after his insulting antics at Anfield the board need to hold an urgent board meeting and take action. The players and us fans need a manager to improve the way the players play.

I am apprehensive to say this but this is now the last resort. Will we read ''Villa in hunt for new manager'' ? GH should be given a different role or go, management restructuring is urgently needed.

General, not all of us want to see Houllier gone. HOWEVER, an apology must be made for his comments last night.

I have to agree with this General; was very disappointed with the managers words and actions yesterday. He needs to start talking up the future of Villa not reliving his past achievements at Liverpool.

He has upset a lot of loyal fans who will stick with the Villa until the end. Our manager doesn't seem to have the same conviction.

Do the board have the cajones to get rid of a man who disrespected this great club in full view of everyone watching Sky Sports 1?

Do the board think Houllier is doing a good job? 6th, 6th, 6th to relegation fodder. Work that one out.

Mr. Krulak would you tell your troops there is no shame in being beaten by the other side, because you like them?