General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

Hi General,

I think after last night it is quite clear then Houllier has absolutely no feeling towards Aston Villa whatsoever. To say he isn't too upset to lose to Liverpool because he likes them is an absolute disgrace. The results are bad enough, but with this added and the woeful defending we are witnessing at present, I think it's time Randy got rid now before Houllier wastes even more of Randys money in January - go get Martin Jol or Owen Coyle now and give them the money to spend.

Let's not forget than Liverpool were missing Torres, Gerrard and Carragher yesterday, and absolutely wiped the floor with us. I wouldn't bother coming on this thread again until after Xmas if I were you, if we lose at home to West Brom at the weekend...

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

I expect to lose games against Liverpool. I accept that as a fan of a football club which isn't as good as them. I accept that we will generally lose to Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and now Manchester City and Spurs. They are clubs who continually invest at a higher level, something that we don't do and in fact have done the opposite over the past few years by actually selling off our better players.

However, what I don't expect is some of the shoddy shite that we are having to put up with at the moment. The lack of desire from players. The lack of talent on the pitch. The ridiculous errors being shown game after game from the apparently senior and experience pros who during the week come out with the same crap about improving. Don't tell us. Show us.

I understand your point that unless people go to games then the club can't invest in the team. Well people won't go to watch the team when the family silverwear gets sold off each year. Because when that happens you end up eating off paper plates.

Investment is needed in the playing squad. Big investment. Or you, Randy, Gerard etc will go down in history as being in charge when Aston Villa first got relegated from the Premier League.

Hi General,

I know you and the board are taking a bashing at the moment and I want you to know that I have been very impressed with the way the club has been run... until this season.

I can accept ticket prices having to go up, I can accept the major balls up with the delay over the new shirts (which I wouldn't buy anyway because they look awful) and I can accept us having to give up promoting Acorns on the front of our shirts for the sake of generating extra funds.

But I can no longer accept the current situation.

I don't blame the board for the mess at the start of this season and I can see the logic in appointing Gerard Houllier, but the man obviously doesn't realise how big this club is or the fact that there is more than one big club in this country. We have been the biggest before and I will always believe that we can be again.

Whether it is true or not, it appears to us fans that Houllier's heart is not in the job and that he would walk to Anfield right now if Liverpool offered him his old position back. That is not good enough for Aston Villa. This is a club that has won 21 major trophies, the fourth most successful club in English football of all time, and our manager seems more bothered about being nostalgic about his favourite English club than doing what he's paid to do and fixing problems that blatantly need sorting such as bringing in Carlos Cuellar at centre-half and permanently dropping Stephen Ireland.

As I have just mentioned Stephen Ireland, could I just ask who it was who decided to sign him? He has been awful and to bring him in as our only replacement for Milner is disgraceful. Spurs get Van der Vaart and we get a guy who has proven he has a bad attitude in the past by lying to his national team boss and has only had one decent season in a team that finished mid-table.

This mess needs sorting out now and I still have a lot of faith in you and Randy to get it right. I'm not necessarily asking you to sack our manager but you need to accept that poor results coupled with his comments about Liverpool are seriously alienating him from the fans at a time when he and the team need our support. Plus his first signing, Pires, hasn't helped either!

I hope you and the board will take the current situation very, very seriously because I am in no doubt that we have gone miles in the wrong direction so far this season and it will take a lot more than one win to paper over the cracks.

Up the Villa and season's greetings to both you and the family.

Philthevillan

As much as I like the guy as an individual, I dont want to see my club go down.

On that basis, can I please add my weight to MikeMckenna's arguement.

We, as fans, are relying on you to do something before its too late.

Thanks Gen

Hi General,

The web is in uproar, but what Mr H appears to have meant is, "If I HAD to lose to anyone, well I'd rather it was Liverpool than anyone else". That is exactly how I would feel about losing to Villa if I managed another club.

So here's one vote in support of Mr H, I think his comments are perfectly acceptable. Football is getting worse than politics for hysteria! The guy is getting hammered for being a very gracious man.

Hi General,

The web is in uproar, but what Mr H appears to have meant is, "If I HAD to lose to anyone, well I'd rather it was Liverpool than anyone else". That is exactly how I would feel about losing to Villa if I managed another club.

If only it was just that.I was there last night 1500 of us outsang the kop despite being served up tripe. At the end OUR manager acknowledged the liverpool fans and didn't bother with his own. Absolute disgrace and one of the worst things I've seen from a manager of Aston Villa in 30 odd years following them. To add insult to injury I then find out he was shown on Sky touching the this is Anfield sign before entering the pitch last night, something Liverpool players and managers do not the oppsosing teams manager. He treated last night as if it was his testimonial game.

The man is a disgrace and as no respect for this great club. The players are starting to reflect his attitude and have become gutless. The sooner he goes the better.

Hi General,

So here's one vote in support of Mr H, I think his comments are perfectly acceptable. Football is getting worse than politics for hysteria! The guy is getting hammered for being a very gracious man.

If you are manager of AV, you support AV publicly. If you are manager of AV, you DO NOT support Liverpool publicly. If you are manager of AV, you may support Liverpool privately. Get the jist? This has come from a 62 year old man with an immense amount of experience - he did not slip-up in his comments. He meant them, and that is being seriously disrespectful to the club that pay his wages. Seriously disrespectful. In fact, it almost makes his position untenerable as the players, who if they had any lingering doubts before yesterday (which some would considering the pathetic shows we have put on) then they will have no doubts today.

General, words cannot explain how I feel. I think you understand.

Hi General,

I often don't join in the public clamouring for one thing or another but Houllier's actions last night make my blood boil.

How he could disrespect the travelling fans last night that paid hard earned money and travelled on a freezing night is a disgrace, I haven't even started on how limp wristed and without fight we look.

Oh and I haven't even mentioned his post match comments the idiot.

I'm sorry but he needs to go and he needs to go now while we can still salvage something from our season, and by that I mean getting away from a relegation battle.

I'm with Mark on this, being one of the 1500, check my posts before i had debates with Mark about Houllier but after yesterday my opinion has gone a full 360 degrees. To not acknowledge us is a disgrace, I felt like singing 'We're Over Here'. We pay our hard earned money on a cold monday evening which we could have easily watched on the TV, but to see him waving at the KOP, i still have the image in my head and don't think it'll be ever removed, it is one of those moments where you think to yourself 'what the hell is going on'. Not only did our team just fall and lay down for them to be victorious, this is worse than losing to the Blues in my opinion, people may think nah it's not, its the way we lost, no fight, no passion and our manager with his laid back attitude just ignored us. General if Houllier is not removed, what are the possibilities of a re-imbursment of my season tickets for this season? I have put my faith in you and Randy by putting my money where my mouth is? All we get in return is keep the faith or managers ignoring us. General this is not a personal pop at you as i have met you a few times and you understand what the fans are to this club, we are the CORE, you speak to us and will not ignore us but you and the board have made this decision to employ Houllier who has no connection to the fans.

General, Long time reader of this thread, never felt the need to post till now. I really appreciate the opportunity to do so.

My support for GH and GM stopped last night, I'm not prepared to accept a performance like that. GH's comments made after the game are a disgrace, the touching of the Liverpool crest in the tunnel is unbelievably shocking behaviour for a Villa manager.

I've just had Liverpool fan come into work and he couldn't believe the comments GH made, the man is obsessed with Liverpool and proved that last night.

The fans voice will be heard and this guy will be out.

General

Now the next morning and my 40th birthday - and I am still on here as I am so upset.

However, since my rant last night has come out the whole "Houllier loves Liverpool" debacle.

So yes, I blame th eboard - to me, it is too easy to say injuries etc. If you watched us week in week out, read papers, heard comments - this was coming since February - and forget this "MON left us high and dry" there wer reports he had quit in May - so something was going on.

However, IF and it is an IF the board did act the only way they could - they can rectify it now. The fans WANTED and WANT Martin Jol - there is now no excuse, apart from we would not be prepared to pay Houllier off.

He would walk to the Villa - he loves the area, he knows the club, he loves English football

AND - now this is the big thing - IF YOY ARE NOT SPIN - he will have money to spend, where as , Newcsatle haven't.

So go and do the decent thing.

I am intrigued to say you are off at a "Board meeting" - I only hope this is for doing the above !

General, abit different to the current status of this thread, but i am here to ask for some information regarding the clubs marketing structure and records about sales if i may.

I am doing a marketing assignment for university, based upon the Home shirt for this current season.

If i can ask here, or in a pm, can i get records about home shirt sales from last season, compared with how we are doing this year if that is at all possible.

Also, is there a pricing strategy in place, or have shirts always been around the 30-40 quid mark?

Thanks,

James

General,

Get yourself, Randy and Paul in a meeting ASAP and discuss and I mean discuss the situation. This can't go on, this man doesn't deserve to be apart this GREAT football club and quite frankly we are going backwards and as you keep banging on about we ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IMPROVING? That's 5th and onwards. I'm sick of hearing the yearly plans general, it's pathetic and sooner or later it will be too late. Newcastle sacked their manager yesterday and that was one of the most harshest decisions ever yet this guy is still in charge.

He doesn't even deserve to wait for a transfer window. If he's such a great manager he should be working with the player he has, something O'Neil did well.

Answers!

Thank you for reading.

General

I've slept on it and unfortunately I still feel the same.

Look at Bolton. A piss poor tiny club with no history and no real ambition yet they are playing some amazing football. Why? Because Coyle is playing players TO THEIR STRENGTHS. Are we? No. That was what Martin O'Neill was good at. Might have not been the best to watch at times but sometimes it was and it got results. We won 3-1 at Anfield under him, won at Old Trafford, at Emirates - will we ever do that under Houllier, I am not too sure.

I was the biggest advocate of Houllier and actually quite excited when he arrived, I thought we would win things, go on a decent run and have an OK season (was preparing for a transitional one though) and all would be good.

But last night, was nothing short of unbelievable. For a manager to come out and say he didn't mind losing 3-0 to Liverpool because he likes them and carry on his love affair with the club is not on. No manager should say that and no manager should get away with it.

I suggest you have a word with Houllier or McAllister or anyone and say we need to play the players to THEIR STRENGTHS, not the way YOU want them to play. We simply cannot play an Arsenal-esque game with Richard Dunne, Jonathan Hogg and John Carew - with no disrespect to those three. And yes, I understand he has had injuries, but if some of the key players are out then adapt the style so you can grind out results with youth and reserves !!

All of this just reminds me of David O'Leary.

Sort it out General, or we are (and this is no overreaction, TRUST me) heading for relegation.

General

I hope you are well - if you are in the UK you are no doubt cold!!!!

I'm sorry to come on to the thread and moan, but having been at the game last night in sub zero conditions I am utterly bewildered and frustrated. Something is seriously wrong with our team - they look a shadow of the team I/we followed last season. I appreciate the injuries etc but the reality is that the "new" players i.e. the youngsters are out performing the senior pro's!!! The entire back four plus the keeper look shakey and in truth either need a break or a rocket up their preverbial!!!!

Anyway, my question is - we are all aware of the "5 year" plan but how often do we reassess this plan? I for one am entirely happy with all of the developments in and around the club from a non football point of view from the work you do, to the renovation of the ground and the Holte Pub etc, these are vast improvements - but irrespective of this season's faltering start, Champions League this year was unlikely. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying we should give up on the objective, far from it, but surely we review what success looks like on an ongoing basis?

Best

Dave

I am loathed to write this but I've nothing at work to do today so I may as well try to kill a bit of time.

General,

I have been a supporter of Villa for as long as I can remember and would like to think that whatever the situation, could always offer the benefit of doubt to whomever I personally feel may be at fault at the club, as circumstance would usually dictate actions.

I could forgive Doug for not over-spending, as it was understandable that he would not want to financially ruin the club.

I could forgive O'Leary's comments on fans being fickle as he probably has a point.

Our best players heads are turned by mercanairies and we are 'forced' to sell. OK no big deal, the money will be reinvested into the squad, players come and go all of the time.

MO'N left for whatever reason, so what? The board will bring in the right man for the job.

Houllier has a run of really bad luck with injuries, a depleated squad and an inability to bring in his own players unitl January at the earliest. That's the way it is, give the new Manager time to put his own mark on the club, I say.

I have been and will no doubt continue to be, an apologist for Villa for my entire life. I accept that I have no control whatsoever on the day to day goings on at Aston Villa FC, so accept that whatever happens happens and the sun rises and the sun sets blah blah blah.

What I cannot accept is having the mickey taken out of me and my fellow Villa fans. I understand GH has a somewhat affectionate relationship with LFC but to have our noses rubbed in it, in the manner it was last night is both disrespectful, insulting and I am not alone in saying that I am sick of it.

Like I said above, I can take losing a few matches, being in a transitional period is always difficult but with the actions of our Manager, he is making it impossible for himself.

Please let us know whether any action will either be considered or taken to rectify this blatant disregard for OUR clubs reputation and standing in the Premier League.

The lights on our 'Bright Future' are dimming.