Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

If we are being honest, difficult as it is to accept, Liverpool have had better success in the last forty five years than ourselves.

Anyone who had difficulty accepting that would be a serious contender for being the most deluded football fan on the planet!

Newcastle :lol:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have finished 1, thats 1 place above 7th for the past few seasons, so he is not way off the mark about what the club should be about.

he is completely wrong Ian.

For the past 3 seasons we have been top 6. Idiotic comments from Ged. Great start to his tenure.

:twisted:

EDIT: For the past 2 seasons, we have actaully been challenging for a spot in the TOP 4!!!

7th to 12? F off Ged!!

He no longer works for Liverpool or has any affiliation with them so it was very easily answered by telling the press just that.

He could have answered them questions before he offically became the AV manager....you nor I know.

It seems like the French paper article that the Birmingham Mail used now SkySports are using it, so it was done a few days ago.

He might have not been AV manager then, so he had no reason not to answer those questions.

Of course Liverpool are historically and globally a much bigger club than us but why did he even have to mention Liverpool?

I presume because the French journalist asked him a question concerning them. Something like "do you see Aston Villa as being as big a club as Liverpool?". And he gave an honest answer.

Why is this so important?

Though I'm not entirely happy with what's been said, it could have been taken completely out of context.

According to SSN, Houllier said: "It's a club that according to me has belonged between 7th and 12th place in the Premier League".

If we look at our league finishes in the Premier League, it would probably average out as "7th to 12th"..

09/10 - 6th

08/09 - 6th

07/08 - 6th

06/07 - 11th

05/06 - 16th

04/05 - 10th

03/04 - 6th

02/03 - 16th

01/02 - 8th

00/01 - 8th

99/00 - 6th

98/99 - 6th

97/98 - 7th

96/97 - 5th

95/96 - 4th

94/95 - 18th

93/94 - 10th

92/93 - 2nd

I'm not distraught over what he's said. It's disappointing, but probably only one or two places out if he was talking about the history of the Premier League.

EDIT: I'm adding the averages (as worked out by smokingzen):

In the full 18 years we're averaging a position of 7.83

In the last 10 years we average as 9.3

We have finished 1, thats 1 place above 7th for the past few seasons, so he is not way off the mark about what the club should be about.

he is completely wrong Ian.

For the past 3 seasons we have been top 6. Idiotic comments from Ged. Great start to his tenure.

:twisted:

EDIT: For the past 2 seasons, we have actaully been challenging for a spot in the TOP 4!!!

7th to 12? F off Ged!!

I will not ask him to feck off, but it is an incredibly stupid thing to say. First; it is not true, and second he should be smart enough to just keep his mouth shut. What would Pool fans say if the first thing Hodgson said after getting the job was "let's be honest, Liverpool are a lesser and smaller club than Man U and belong, historically, among 4th to 7th place". And for you detail-nazis out there; you could swap ManU with Inter which he actually has managed. I am fairly pleased with this appointment (my biggest negative is his age and that he could easily have many of the same faults as MON), but this was just stupid.

**** me there's alot of folks here doing what they accused MON of doing, ie. throwing their toys out of their prams. Houllier is right, as much as I hate to say the dippers are a bigger club than us. They have a global fanbase, have a trophy cabinet that is aching under the strain, and are able to attract players of the ilk of Torres. As the FSW stated, this is fact! AND most on here were predicting we'd finish 7-12th anyway, so what's your **** problems!?! I predicted 8th for us this season, and that was when MON was still manager!

Let's wait and see what the guy does before slating him. He hasn't slated Villa, just stating his opinion of where we stand, NOT where he wants to take us. Or is the tedious 'I supported them longer than you' argument to justify GH not being able to comment on us yet we can? Get a grip.

Jesus why are people getting so worked up about something he might not even have said.

Give the bloke a chance to show what he can do for us.

I see the knives are out already in some quarters.

Well obviously he did say it...

Jesus why are people getting so worked up about something he might not even have said.

So what if he said it, he isn't wrong...If you look at Robs post on the page before you can see since the prem started 7th is about right.

I wasn't aiming that at you Dogg, I was just simply pointing out, so what if he said it...it's no biggie.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Even if he did, it's all about context.

For people to be piling on here slagging him off for insulting the club and saying it "shows his ambition" is pathetic. Some people need to grow up a bit.

"But, above all, it's a historic club which has won the European Cup. It's a club which has got good infrastructure and a fine team which is after one thing – to improve year on year."

Now actually read the last bit of that - improve year on year - that is what he wants to do. No mention of accepting 12-7th as being that's it no higher or lower.

I can't help but notice that none of the "fickle whingers" (copyright DOL) has bothered to even comment on this part of the interview.

Perchance because it doesn't suit the negativity prevalent these days.

FFS he's the Villa manager and as such deserves better than the bollox being propounded here

Â