Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

Except the simple fact is the statement is not accurate. Again you two believe that he has NOT signed anything yet. So effectively you are saying Aston Villa football club with an incredibly succesfull business man at the helm, has a press conference to present GH as our new manager with nothing signed. C'mon guys that is dreamland.

On the other hand, you seem to be saying that an honest and successful football manager was lying when he said he hadn't signed anything.

Except he never said that, show me the quote.

I don't want to go around quote hunting. But I thought it was pretty common knowledge that GH hasn't signed a contract - Incredible as it seems - that was my, and I beleive most villa fans understanding.

Not point scoring, prove points - that was just as I understood it.

Correct, he hasn't.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The usual route is to speak to manager you want, see if they're interested. Give them the nod, they quit their job out of the blue, then get employed within a week. Managers old team claim tapping up, new team say proove it. Manager then gets Judas taunts thrown at him whenever his teams turns up to play his previous club. That is how the football world works imo.

If the current club refuses to allow the manager to break their contract then there's nothing you can do, unless there is some penalty clause or release clause written into the contract - my understanding anyway.

If the current club refuses to allow the manager to break their contract then there's nothing you can do, unless there is some penalty clause or release clause written into the contract - my understanding anyway.

You approach without clubs permission - and persuade him to resign. Ala Brian Little & Big Ron.

People were not really thinking it would take 3 months did they?

It was clear to me it was just a few loose ends needing tidying up and leaving on god terms.

Interesting listening to the Guardian podcast how he was involved more of the decent generation of French footy when they won the world cup, Henry etc etc. Only loosely involved with the current mess.

Encouraging.

Â