Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

I never appreciate the brown nosing that any new appointment at a football club does, whoever, I also don't appreciate our new manager playing down the club with a downright lie.

Idiot.

If we are being honest, difficult as it is to accept, Liverpool have had better success in the last forty five years than ourselves.

I still believe we've got great potential to become a massive club, and I hope this cause is aided by GH's management.

Although, I will say it isn't advisable to make a statement such as this when first appointed at a new football club.

I don't care about the Liverpool being a massive club bit, that's blindingly obvious.

I care about that 7th to 12th bit. Not only is that entirely wrong, it's probably the grouping of positions we least belong in, why the **** would you say that about that club you've just took over?

A moronic statement.

I would say a moronic statement is one like the above that is quick to jump on a manager's back based upon a translated quote when the context of the statement is unknown.

Also his statement isn't "entirely wrong" which means that your statement must be at least partially wrong. Actually I'm being kind, if his statement isn't 'entirely wrong', i.e., it's partially right, then yours is entirely wrong.

Our league positions over the last 18 years of the premiership have been:

6, 6, 6, 11, 16, 10, 6, 16, 8, 8, 6, 6, 7, 5, 4, 18, 10, 2

Averaged out over the full 18 years our average finishing position is 8.38, obviously you can't finish 8.3 rd (that would just be moronic and idiotic hey) so rounding up we would say 9th.

If we do the same averaging over the last 10 years we would get 9.3rd, or rounding down, 9th.

Only averaging over the last 3 years would we get 6th.

At the end of the day we don't know the context of how he said or meant the statement. But there are plenty of contexts where it turns about to be not entirely wrong!

Where I do agree however is that he shouldn't have said what he said in any context, he should have heeded the General's comments about how some of our 'supporters' can act like "pit vipers" purely on the basis of a couple of random media quotes.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some fans grab every little bit to moan. This time I dont understand the problem? What is important is what he do when i takes over. Not if he, like most of us, thinks that Liverppol is a bigger club then Villa. A newspaper in Sweden have vote of which team their readers support. Liverpool got 32% and Villa 2,5%. And is really important that he thinks we have belonged to 7-12 place, not 6-11. and maybe like someone pointed out, read the next line about imroving year by year.

it's great to see he's going out of his way to be there for his match in charge
Isn't it also great to see that the fans are willing to let some quotes, that are at best lost in translation and at worst ill-advised, pass by them in order to keep the feel-good factor alive at least for his first game in charge.

I'm not getting worked up about it...going to listen to what he says at PC.

It could have been taken completely out of context...and if it wasn't then I'm sure someone at the club will

put him right.

He does go on to speak about year on year progress.

The General said RL's ambition for the club hadn't changed at all, so I'm not going to start branding him a liar!

Isn't it also great to see that the fans are willing to let some quotes, that are at best lost in translation and at worst ill-advised, pass by them in order to keep the feel-good factor alive at least for his first game in charge.

can't help it, i think he is completely wrong manager for the club .

if he doesn't turn up for the first game it's a major sign of his attitude towards the club

i'd like to come back to this thread in 6 months and who is right/wrong in supporting this clown

When will that be then? :winkold: :lol:

if he doesn't turn up for the first game it's a major sign of his attitude towards the club

i'd like to come back to this thread in 6 months and who is right/wrong in supporting this clown

You and me both. I can't wait to see him bring on the youth players like he did Stevie Gerrard/ Owen/ Carragher, bring in a few exciting foreign players and then push us forward to continue battling for 4th/5th/6th place.

No doubt he will get a lot of stick if he doesn't match MON's 6th place (which a lot of people have already said that MON probably wouldn't have achieved this year).

Some fans grab every little bit to moan. This time I dont understand the problem? What is important is what he do when i takes over. Not if he, like most of us, thinks that Liverppol is a bigger club then Villa. A newspaper in Sweden have vote of which team their readers support. Liverpool got 32% and Villa 2,5%. And is really important that he thinks we have belonged to 7-12 place, not 6-11. and maybe like someone pointed out, read the next line about imroving year by year.

There are a small number of supporters that were vocally against GH's appointment, you remember, the ones that the papers picked up on and quoted as representing the majority of Villa fans.

No doubt these same people will now be picking up on any point they can, real or imagined, to try and stick the knife in to our new manager. I'm sure that over time this will only get worse.

You are entitled your opinion, but it is a baffling one.

Please explain why he is a 'clown'. He has won more trophies in his career than any of our previous managers that I can remember.

Â