Stephen Ireland

Richard

While I dont think he should definately be sold, I do expect a lot more from him than he has ever given. If were basing it on the past 2 years - Sell him, however, potential for the next 2 years - keep him.

But he needs a very good end of season to convince me that potential is definately there. He is playing better but I have noticed his performances have been vastly overated in the ratings threads.

Still needs to give an awful awful lot more.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im **** lost here.

The most technically gifted player we have who is starting to look like finding his Man City form, and people want rid of him!?!?

Just out of interest, what do you think he's done that gives off an impression of some impending wonder form?

He's been better than he was initially but that really wasn't a particularly difficult level to reach given that he was non-existent initially.

I think with Ireland the problem is his massive inconsistency. Ie he seems to do seasons of poor form. I would get rid due to the level of wages he is on. I think we could get someone to do just as well over a 4 or 5 year period for half as much.

I wouldn't want Ireland to go, he is finally recapturing his Man City form. He's got better vision and is more technically gifted than any of our players. If he is off to the US, and Holman is his direct replacement, I'd be disappointed. Holman whilst a hard worker, doesn't sound technically gifted whatsoever.

if this is true, and the n`zogbia latest show of dissent will likely see him sold, big eck will certainly have perfected his style by removing our attacking playing and moulding us into a solid 4-5-1 unit with no pace and no play makers.

signings in the summer to include rory delap, barry ferguson and he will probably try and tempt robbie savage out of retirement.

Get rid, Utter gash, wasted a load of money on a promise or glimpse of something special and we've been robbed. We need 90 minute fall on the sword football players. Not poncy sisha smoking ego's. Get rid and good riddance.

Hes had a single half decent season in his whole career.

I agree and it took a Brazilian star to get the best out of him.

While he did link up well with Robinho I don't agree with you Trent.

Hes had a single half decent season in his whole career.

I agree and it took a Brazilian star to get the best out of him.

While he did link up well with Robinho I don't agree with you Trent.

i think he was talking about elano?

I think Bannan and maybe Delph could fill the midfield role ok if they were given a few starts, all Bannan needs is a bit more experiance,Delph is one for the futore.

Delph\?! :? It ain't going to happen for him here.

And Bannan has regressed this season, partly due to McLeish and partly due to his attiude off the pitch.

Gardner is going to be good but too early to expect match winning performances.

Ireland needs to say. With N'zogbia, he's a game changer and points winner. We get rid of both, have a team of honest hardworking pros and we'll be bobbing between 11-15th again next season.

Remember folks, we signed Paul Merson in September 1998 and he didn't start showing consistant match winning form until December 1999 so as long as it's taken Ireland to get his act together. And Merson also pissed off to New York mid season aswell.

Gabby is Villa through and through.

Ireland has potential to be good but also has potential to be ineffective. For the wages that he is on I dont think he has produced enough.

Mind you his touch and technical ability is class. I think he can become a good player at the club. If they got an offer of 6 million or over we should take it.

The future is with Bannan, Gardner, Herd, Weinman, Clarke, Albtighton and co they understand the club, fans and the football.

I do hope Ireland makes it though.