Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would make sense why he's been playing with a smile on his face since around about October as he's been promised a wonderful life in good ol' New York city.. Ah well if it's true I wish the guy the best.

What's the source for that DVIN?

I#d be a little sad to see him go but I assume there's going to be a huge revamp in the squad over the summer and getting a guy supposedly on 80k a week off the books is probably something we're looking at.

Me too aswell.

He's still only 25 aswell so it would be a waste of a career. The MLS is improving but come on players go there when they're 30 + not in the peak of their careers.

I would also worry about what sort of fee we'd get for, MLS clubs don't tend to sign players for large amounts.

If they had him as one of their marquee players I imagine so. At least I think I remember that's how it works, there's one or two such designated players per team who are not subject to the league's wage cap.

Doesn't work like that CI, they don't have to be world class to be marquee. They just have to be a player they want to bring in who is on high wages etc.

Bit like us with Angel, Young and others we have signed as marquee players.

Good riddance to him I say. Has been ok in some games, very good in 2 matches and utter tripe the rest of the time. He is holding back Bannan and Gardner's development and they have shown far more comitment to Villa than Ireland. Hope we get a decent fee for him.

We don't need selfish arrogant pricks like him at Villa!

Sigguardson is a great shout, he has a big future.

Ireland has improved a lot in the last few months, but I would say he's still nowhere near a £70k a week player, so I think it would be a good bit of business to get him off the wage packet.

Good riddance to him I say. Has been ok in some games, very good in 2 matches and utter tripe the rest of the time. He is holding back Bannan and Gardner's development and they have shown far more comitment to Villa than Ireland. Hope we get a decent fee for him.

We don't need selfish arrogant pricks like him at Villa!

Sigguardson is a great shout, he has a big future.

Bannan will never cut it in the premier league, it's wrong to say Ireland holding back his development.