Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

He looks good, self-confident and hungry, certainly gave Everton more to think about whether they'd eased off or not. He could do with an experienced player who is a similar style to him to learn from.

He looks good, self-confident and hungry, certainly gave Everton more to think about whether they'd eased off or not. He could do with an experienced player who is a similar style to him to learn from.

I was under the impression Bent and Weimann were of similar style. Poachers.

I think Weimann may do a little bit more with the ball at his feet though.

Weimann can also shoot from outside the box ;P

Yeah I do think they have strong similarities, hang on the last defenders shoulder, like to get in the six yard box.

But I think Bent is a hard player to learn from as he's very much a unique player, I can't think of any player who is close to Bent.

Plus, like you say, Weimann has a few more strings to his bow. I see him as more of a dogfighter/scrapper than Bent too.

Yeah I do think they have strong similarities, hang on the last defenders shoulder, like to get in the six yard box.

But I think Bent is a hard player to learn from as he's very much a unique player, I can't think of any player who is close to Bent.

Plus, like you say, Weimann has a few more strings to his bow. I see him as more of a dogfighter/scrapper than Bent too.

I agree, I think Weimann said he had learnt a lot of his poaching instincts from staying behind after training with Bent and practising with him. Yea I think Weimann fights for a lot of stuff and has a much higher work rate to Bent, possibly because of the age ?

I agree, I think Weimann said he had learnt a lot of his poaching instincts from staying behind after training with Bent and practising with him. Yea I think Weimann fights for a lot of stuff and has a much higher work rate to Bent, possibly because of the age ?

That'd make sense. Bent is definitely someone to learn from, composure under pressure, intelligence, choosing the right run at the right time, when to gamble, scoring in any way possible (Maybe Weimann's' goal against Fulham was a result of of learning from Bent?)

I've always liked Bent, ever since I listened to him interviewed on the radio a long time ago. I like his mentality and philosophy about the role he plays.

You see him in this video and he's like a more intelligent Agbonlahor the way he scores the majority of his goals here -

Although he scored a goal like this against Everton in that 2-2 away game.

He scores from any angle :)

Still though, Weimann may benefit from someone who can be a good partner to Bent to learn other ways of playing as a forward.But currently, I'd like to see Weimann and Bent up front starting the game.

• 2 weeks later...
Surely he is 4th choice now. Bent, Benteke, Agbonlahor then Weimman?

Yes, Maybe. But I see a competition between Holman/Albrighton/Agbonlahor and a competiton between Bent/Benteke/Weimann emerging.

Or possibly it will be Benteke/Agbonlahor and Weimann being used as understudy to Bent.

Just watched the highlights of Swansea game and Weimann had most of our best efforts on goal. Most of which were created by his sharpness in front of goal.

Really think if he gets a goal he could have a good run - he's been very close to kicking that off in first few games of this season.

Be interesting to see whether he gets the chances now with so much competition up front

A great prospect who hopefully will push on this season, been better than bent so far this season i think. Seems to get shots away without having many touches in the game, only had 15 touches against Swansea but got 4 shots off the most of any Villa player that game.

Â