Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Thought he showed good movement and good touch against Arsenal if i was being critical tho i think he should have worked the keeper a couple of times but got a good feeling hes going to score a couple on saturday

Thought he showed good movement and good touch against Arsenal if i was being critical tho i think he should have worked the keeper a couple of times but got a good feeling hes going to score a couple on saturday

I think he let the occasion get to him a bit which is understandable.. I know his ambition is to be in the first team, but he is only 20 and 2-3 weeks ago he would have been lucky to get 2 minutes on the pitch, now he's getting 20+. It's gonna take him time to adjust to being on the big stage against teams like Arsenal, though the best way to get him used to it is to play him so he needs to start against Chelsea.. We have nothing to lose playing him.

Congrats Weimann! McLeish is actually considering starting you against Chelsea.. I just hope he goes through with it. I used to have a coach that would tell me he was contemplating me for a start in the team, would get my hopes up only to turn up on match day to find out I'm merely a substitute. I know Sunday League isn't quite the same but the emotions are very much the same especially when you know you are better than players that start ahead of you.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the things I really like about Weimann is that I get the impression that tonight instead of thinking about the great goal he scored, he'll be annoyed at himself about missing that opportunity at the end. Clearly he's a very hard worker and determined to keep improving his game.

It's his movement which impresses me dare I say it but with better players (and a better manager) around him he would flourish imo.

In an attacking team, creating chances and good movement, he could be anything he wants.

Top finish. Only bit of quality in the game created from both sides.

100% agree with this. Needs to improve his first touch and ability to bring others in to the game. Worked hard though, closing down etc. Seems to suffer the same lack of movement as the rest of the Villa players. Magic finish with the goal but should have done better with his second half chance too.

Great goal, shame about the second effort towards the Holte, we were crying for him to shoot first time!

Glad to hear this song making an appearance though! Lets keep it going!

Andi Weimann song: To the tune of 'I just can't get enough'

His name is Andi Weimann, his boots are blazing red,

I just can't get enough,

I just can't get enough,

When he scores a Volley or when he scores a head,

I just can't get enough,

I just can't get enough,

He scores a goal and the Holte goes mad,

and I just can't seem to get enough of Andi

de de de de de de de

de de de de de de de

de de de de de de de