Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Justified being on the pitch today with that one pass alone. We desperately need those.

What did other players do to justify theirs? Westwood? Delph? Lowton? Bacuna? Insert name here other than Gabby, Guzan or Clark?

• Like 1

Well he certainly needs to get his finger out. Got to score with one of the two chances that came his way v Palace. Maybe he'll link up better with a different strike partner today.

Been saying he needs to play there, so glad to see him get an assist today.

I've been as critical as anyone towards Weimann this season.

BUT. I didn't realise he is still only 22. I don't agree that it's a 'myth' that he was ever any good for us. At the end of last season he was completely instrumental in our resurgence. He was running absolutely everywhere and chipped in a few goals. He was like Jimmy Milner.

He DESPERATELY needs confidence and I really hope he gets it back sooner rather than later. You can see playing for Villa means the world to him and he really does give his all.

• Like 3

One thing I noticed, he had a shot from about 35 yards that went way over the bar, the big screen in the north stand showed him holding his hands on his head and he was blowing out of his arse, he looked totally knackered after 30 minutes

One thing I noticed, he had a shot from about 35 yards that went way over the bar, the big screen in the north stand showed him holding his hands on his head and he was blowing out of his arse, he looked totally knackered after 30 minutes

there was a moment about 10minutes in, where he'd pressed the ball back to keeper, they the keeper passed it to a cb and gabby pointed to tell him to press the other centre back but he jogged slowly back looking like he couldn't manage much faster.

I'd confidently say he's not completely fit if he hadn't started the game

It's what happens when you chase the ball for the best part of 20 games. It will only get worse as our players become more and more knackered - I've never seen such a string of worrying possession stats.

I've been as critical as anyone towards Weimann this season.

BUT. I didn't realise he is still only 22. I don't agree that it's a 'myth' that he was ever any good for us. At the end of last season he was completely instrumental in our resurgence. He was running absolutely everywhere and chipped in a few goals. He was like Jimmy Milner.

He DESPERATELY needs confidence and I really hope he gets it back sooner rather than later. You can see playing for Villa means the world to him and he really does give his all.

yes i agree. I think he needs a little time out i think. A bit of bench time! Trouble is we are so limited with options. 

• Like 1

He put his finger to his lips to tell the booing fans to be quiet apparently.

If this is true banish the arrogant little cock to the reserves. Hes got a chip in his shoulder after a handful of good games in two years...

A little bit of a overeaction perchance? He has been poor this season without a doubt, but young strikers often blow hot and cold. And he is blowing arctic cold at present. Needs a spell on the bench and some head time.

Justified being on the pitch today with that one pass alone. We desperately need those.

What did other players do to justify theirs? Westwood? Delph? Lowton? Bacuna? Insert name here other than Gabby, Guzan or Clark?

I thought Delph played well

Delph was practically invisible until he had a shot in the 80th minute that went straight at the keeper.

• Like 1

I feel the criticism he is getting is a bit over the top. He is clearly out of form but how can a striker thrive in a team that has 30% possession. Most of the game he is just chasing defenders.

Last season he played his best when we were actually playing good football and had Sylla and Lowton on the right with him who both were passing and moving and creating space for each other.

• Like 2

Delph was practically invisible until he had a shot in the 80th minute that went straight at the keeper.

Delph was extremely active defending and whenever we weren't hoofing the ball forward, it was delph leading the attacks.

• Like 1

Delph was extremely active defending and whenever we weren't hoofing the ball forward, it was delph leading the attacks.

What attacks, we were practically chasing Swansea around the pitch for the best bit of 75 minutes trying to get the ball. Utterly embarrassing atm, fans deserve to boo.

Edited by Avflife

Seriously? He made some good runs, obviously the ball was eventually lost by whoever received the pass, he made some great tackles and a vital stop just outside the box. I was stood in the upper Holte and i saw that! He probably stood out because everyone else was… well you know.

• Like 1

Delph only turned up for the last 10 minutes of the match, he was poor just like he was vs palace

• Like 2

Â