Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I'm not holding my breath on Delph's injury.

He won't feature in the Premier League this season. If he's back around April he won't be up to speed to risk him in the Prem at that stage of the season.

I agree, as I said March at best but it is quite likely he won't play this season.

What did he actually do? Was it a straight forward cruciate? or was there a bit more to it?

Can we expect he to be as good as new once all fixed or will something be missing?

Straight forward cruciate? No such thing mate.

You have two cruciate ligaments in the knee, the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) and the anterior crucuate ligament (ACL), Delph has done his ACL.

The ACL injury is by far the worst one as it is right in the inside of the knee meaning more intrusive surgery and thus can lead to more complications, infections and such like.

The operation is a reconstruction operation which involves taking a graft of tendon from the kneecap to replace the damaged ligament.

It is a nasty, nasty injury and as I said earlier in the thread it took Arteta 11 months to make a come back. It used to be a career ending injury until the last 10 to 15 years, its a bad one.

These days players do make it back from it but some are never quite the same others are we just have to hope Delph is, his age will help with that.

What did he actually do? Was it a straight forward cruciate? or was there a bit more to it?

Can we expect he to be as good as new once all fixed or will something be missing?

You have two cruciate ligaments in the knee, the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) and the anterior crucuate ligament (ACL), Delph has done his ACL.

The ACL injury is by far the worst one as it is right in the inside of the knee meaning more intrusive surgery and thus can lead to more complications, infections and such like.

The operation is a reconstruction operation which involves taking a graft of tendon from the kneecap to replace the damaged ligament.

It is a nasty, nasty injury and as I said earlier in the thread it took Arteta 11 months to make a come back. It used to be a career ending injury until the last 10 to 15 years, its a bad one.

These days players do make it back from it but some are never quite the same others are we just have to hope Delph is, his age will help with that.

Cheers mate.

Horrible horrible injury then.

Cheers mate.

Horrible horrible injury then.

I've had my ACL rebuilt and, whilst it does take a good while to recover, the surgery is fairly routine now and, with the right physio, which Delph will obviously be getting, it is now a reasonably well trodden path and he should be back as strong as ever. I don't want to play it down but I don't think it is as bad now as some are making out.

If a player is out so long they usually dont come back the same type of player like Eduardo even though it was different type of injury

Complete tripe.

For every one player that doesn't come back as strong as they were there are three that do.

It's more rare for a player to not recover fully, Eduardo is the prime example but his problem, IMO, is psycholgical more than physical.

He basically seemed to me to be scared of getting hurt.

2 and a half years ago i dislocated my knee and tore my acl and pcl playing football!these sort of things you cant rush id actually prefer him to miss the whole season and give him that extra time needed for the injury to be right!most surgeons feel that you should give it a year to be safe after acl reconstructions but obviously with footballers getting 24/7 treatment 8 months is more likely

If a player is out so long they usually dont come back the same type of player like Eduardo even though it was different type of injury

Complete tripe.

For every one player that doesn't come back as strong as they were there are three that do.

It's more rare for a player to not recover fully, Eduardo is the prime example but his problem, IMO, is psycholgical more than physical.

Cough.

Martin Laursen.

the good thing (if you can call it that) about delph is that we dont desperately need him back so we can afford to give him as much time as he needs before trying to play again. obviously it will be great to have him back in contention to play but as things stand we do have fairly good cover in the middle of the park.

the good thing (if you can call it that) about delph is that we dont desperately need him back so we can afford to give him as much time as he needs before trying to play again. obviously it will be great to have him back in contention to play but as things stand we do have fairly good cover in the middle of the park.

Yeah, if this had to happen to anyone, then it's better that it wasn't someone who we really rely upon now. Either a youngster with time to recover, or an older player who's best days are behind them.

Of course, I'd much rather none of our players get serious injuries. But it seems that's wishful thinking.

Not sure I agree with you on this rj. We have Stan and NRC as I see it and would probably want to play both of them with SI of the striker. If one is injured, particularly NRC, we are left with a pretty soft centre?? I am assuming/hoping Sidders is off in this.

Complete tripe.

This. I broke my ankle standing on a ball to stop it, since then my brain literally stops me from controlling the ball like that. Recovery from a break, or an impact injury is tougher physchologically than anything else.

Â