Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Just because people have a **** opinion doesn't mean someone somehow gets better when they don't play.

Carlos Cuellar - Rate him very highly as a CB, average RB......so when he's not in the team and the clowns Dunne and Collins are in the team in front of him, then you ask why he isn't playing and he's also proven he is a top CB.

Fabien Delph - I've said since the first day I watched this kid play against Fiorentina, I thought he was a special talent, I've said it his entire **** time here. Just because he's injured, somehow doesn't mean now I think more of him, some of us just happen to believe he's a special player for a while.

Luke Young - He was one of our best and most consistant players in 08/09, he even got a call up from Capello and rejected it. Everyone said how good he was. He then played about 13 games in 09/10 season and apart from one game against Chelsea, he was excellent. We had Cuellar at right back and then we had Luke Young who had rarely put a foot wrong for this club on the bench who was a natural right back. Luke Young even this season, apart from a dodgy couple of weeks around the Arsenal game has for most of the season been pretty solid and provided good threat going forward. No one said he was **** world class, just said he should be playing, which he should have been.

Reo-Coker - rated him since he was at the club, always thought he had a positive effect on the team and wanted him in the team, I also think he's shown why he should have been playing more games at times.

Just because people on this site can hold opinions, doesn't somehow mean players somehow get better while they're injured like people make out.

Again Fabien Delph.....

August 09 "He's a special player" .......response "fair enough, I'm not convinced"

December "He's a special player".........response.."people over-rating him again just cause he hasn't played"

Feck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spot on. This is the kid that ran the show against Man U at home last year - until Nani was sent off and MON didn't respond. He is special IMO. Always able to create space for himself and find a ball to a team mate. Very similar to McAllister in his pomp IMO. I can't wait for him to come back in alongside Makoun potentially!

he might not be the same player. look at micheal owen.

Completely different situation. Owen injured about halfway through his career while Delph has pretty much all of his left. Owen also persistently injured again and again which hopefully won't happen to Delph. From what I've heard this shouldn't happen due to the club making sure he isn't rushed back or trying to overdo his return on his own.

I've said this in almost every Fabian Delph thread, when someone says "he is just a kid, we're putting too many hopes in him, what has he shown?"..

He has the ability to run in circles with the ball glued to his foot. That, imo, is one of his main strengths and it really helps him get out of a tight corner or push an attack forward.

One thing I noticed when Delph first played last year, was that he was one of the few players in the team who wasn't scared to run at the opposition.

Milner, Ash and Delph were the only players on the pitch who had the confidence in their ability to do this (IIRC). Delph will be a big player for us, I'm confident of it!

No, Bannan = Iniesta, Albrighton = Messi, Clark = Pique, Delph = Xavi!

Though I'm taking the piss, I like Delph and I think he'll be very good.

Â