Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Needs to either be given more freedom to go forward or it's himself choosing to stay back, I hope it's just him being told to hold. He didn't have a problem getting forward for Leeds.

I think we should start fining players for passing backwards.

You really aren't the brightest when it comes to football are you? What a ridiculous thing to say. Keeping posession is far more important than just passing it forward for the sake of passing it forward.

Thought he was generally good today after a poor start.

He's a young player and mistakes will be made.

agreed, he's a young player who will improve

Thought he had one or two shaky moments today but was good overall. Did an awful lot of work and won a lot of balls. The two commentators on Setanta had never seen him play before and were very impressed by him they thought he was one of Villa's better players today.

I thought he was terrible and is a liability. Was getting beat in all the 50/50's passing was attrocious and he just doesn't look like he's got anything special in him. I though it was an absolute disgrace that he stopped on the pitch today. Was petrov injured? He was 10 x Delph today.

He has done nothing for us to suggest he warrants a first team place. He's been average in many of the games and doesn't look like's got anything that suggests we should stick with him. Compare him to bannan - who we play the ball through and they are literally worlds apart. Delph on teh bench asap.

Was poor today. But as said, he's a good young lad, but he's being relied on too much for me. Jenas to replace him for a bit when he's fit. Fab needs to be eased in a bit better.

Getting rid of Makoun...Stupid mistake.

Agree.

funny how a player who is not in the team get the nod..j2m played a few games for villa,he looked lightweight & frail,he got sent off,he didnt score of set any goals up,his last game against hereford he looked piss poor, how was it a mistake showing his the door? i think AM is giving delph a few games to see if hes up to the job,i think once jj is fit delph will be dropped..as time goes by its looking more & more like fd is not good enough..err hes no barry replacement which mon bought him in the fold for.

Â