Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I wouldn't be surprised if he's being linked with a move away as soon as January. Why he'd want to go to sit on City's bench when he's spent a big chunk of his career on the sidelines already because of injury, I don't know.

Probably the massive wages means more to him than playing regular football and having an England career.

I said a few days ago that I didn't believe footballers were all that bothered about playing for their country.

FIFA+World+Cup+Final+2014+Germany+vs+Argronaldo5.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if he's being linked with a move away as soon as January. Why he'd want to go to sit on City's bench when he's spent a big chunk of his career on the sidelines already because of injury, I don't know.

Probably the massive wages means more to him than playing regular football and having an England career.

I said a few days ago that I didn't believe footballers were all that bothered about playing for their country.

A guy that I know is close to Grealish told me that the reason he is undecided over his international allegiance is because England pay their players and Ireland don't. Not sure if true but wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Anyway, Delph can bugger off now. Gueye will hopefully be better!

Ireland do pay their players - there has been a long standing agreement (possibly put in place by Niall Quinn) that the players donate their match fees and travel expenses to charity. Doubt this is really the sticking point with Grealish. It's buttons compared to what he's earning at club level as I'm sure it is with England.

Not quite Downing, but he's betrayed us somewhat. Of course, often course he could have left for nothing, so in one way hey done us a favour. But that media rubbish is demeaning to the club, makes us look small time and it's him taking the p###

I would say its worse as Downing at least got us 20 million and was only here for 2 years
But Delph could have left for nothing, I think he signed the contract knowing someone would pay 8 Mil for him. It also bumped his wages up so when the move did eventually come, he'd be able to negotiate an even higher wage. Edited by PompeyVillan

Not sure how Downing is worse.  He never made similar comments.

Didn't he pose with a Liverpool scarf on holiday with Andy Carroll while still a Villa player? And he was making noises about signing a new deal although tbh in hindsight I don't blame him for jumping ship when he got wind of McLeish turning up and it was a very good profit for us as he did nothing at Liverpool. 

So it's been 100% confirmed that he has signed? I am still reading "sources claim that" and other media bullshit terms.

Not as far as I can see. But it looks more likely than not. 

*clutches at straws

poke him in the eye with one of them

lol just kidding.

morning after the rants.yeah im annoyed as to whats happening cuz of what he said

but hes replaceable.

so thats me out of pinnochios thread

Dust starting to settle... He could be going for free this summer, signed a contract with what is a stupidly low release clause but I'm sure that was negotiated back and forth for hours and if it wasn't that figure I'm sure he wouldn't have signed and gone for £0 so no real blame on fox or Delph there, then he signs and him and our marketing team decide to do all the press releases about loyalty and it being his club, I assumed at the time that part of the contract negotiation was that he'd get the armband

His intention in January must have been to get the club some money this summer, which I haven't got a problem with, that's actually fairly decent of him, but then why ask for the armband? Why let our marketing team run wild with the press releases? Why do the video?

Our marketing team needs shooting, they're an embarrassment, not just this gaffe, not just that they released all the pics of him at the kit launch about 10 minutes after this broke on social media, it's the "big club" stuff on the kit launch which looked ridiculous at the time and now somehow looks even worse, the lambos lions, say it like sherwood, they are just like many elements of our club a **** shambles, and I don't mean the football side of it (which is but has vastly improved this year) I mean the website, AVTV, for a long time the ticket office

Now we have the marketing department making us look like a bunch of amateurs

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Easily replaceable for top clubs that can attract, for the villa he is a unique engine part we'll have to be scouring scrap yards to replace.

Unless gueye is already that man, like some suggestm

The problem with such a low fee ....Man City can just buy him to speculate.

He may be gone somewhere else in a few seasons for much more money.

They can afford to just buy for stock like a used car

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Dust starting to settle... He could be going for free this summer, signed a contract with what is a stupidly low release clause but I'm sure that was negotiated back and forth for hours and if it wasn't that figure I'm sure he wouldn't have signed and gone for £0 so no real blame on fox or Delph there, then he signs and him and our marketing team decide to do all the press releases about loyalty and it being his club, I assumed at the time that part of the contract negotiation was that he'd get the armband

His intention in January must have been to get the club some money this summer, which I haven't got a problem with, that's actually fairly decent of him, but then why ask for the armband? Why let our marketing team run wild with the press releases? Why do the video?

Our marketing team needs shooting, they're an embarrassment, not just this gaffe, not just that they released all the pics of him at the kit launch about 10 minutes after this broke on social media, it's the "big club" stuff on the kit launch which looked ridiculous at the time and now somehow looks even worse, the lambos lions, say it like sherwood, they are just like many elements of our club a **** shambles, and I don't mean the football side of it (which is but has vastly improved this year) I mean the website, AVTV, for a long time the ticket office

Exactly this, what a laughing stock we have become. Clubs like West Brom are more attractive to a potential buyer..... How embarrassing! Edited by ben1505

Exactly this, what a laughing stock we have become. Clubs like West Brom are more attractive to a potential buyer..... How embarrassing!
How are west brom more attractive? Who they have signed over us?

Edit just noticed you said buyer... But rumours are we turned down the one in talks with them

Edited by mikeyp102

How much could Man City realistically sell him for this time next year if he plays say a handful of games for them?

They sold Rodwell to Sunderland for around 10m and he barely played, Delph will feature more as he's a far better player than Rodwell.

That's the difference with these club and us and how they generate revenue, Man. City and Chelsea can sell squad players for 10m +, we can barely give them away.

It all adds up in the end.

Â