Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

bookies havent done anything, people placing bets have moved the odds, people placing bets based on the headline that he's stayed at home, that the rags are again trying to sell our players and that SSN somehow get away with misleading people with odds being used as ""news"

the odds changing doesnt make the move more or less likely it simply means people are guessing one way or another

there is nothing that can be gained by using odds to predict a transfer

bookies havent done anything, people placing bets have moved the odds, people placing bets based on the headline that he's stayed at home, that the rags are again trying to sell our players and that SSN somehow get away with misleading people with odds being used as ""news"

the odds changing doesnt make the move more or less likely it simply means people are guessing one way or another

there is nothing that can be gained by using odds to predict a transfer

I don't know...but I would imagine it would be illegal for a betting company to place bets on being "in the know"?  That is like fixing the odds against you, or bet fixing.

If they knew something wasn't going to happen, and then allowed people to bet on it...there must be some kind of law against that?

Not that I'm calling it true/untrue or anything, I just find it amazing that the papers seen to become more believable to people when they offer reassurances to villa fans.

Which paper(s) have said Delph is staying?

No, just that he is having a baby. Nobody questions the truth in that.

I'm unconvinced you have thought that through.

To say the least! Maybe Woodytom thinks this is a 'Stephen Ireland's grandmother' situation. That's the most charitable interpretation I can give. 

What you two on about? All I'm saying is nobody has questioned the amount of truth in the new baby claims. It's the same paper/journalism that everyone is very quick to right off when they indicate delph might be leaving. There's no consistency in people's arguments is what I'm suggesting.

The fact of whether delph and his wife are having a baby or not neither concerns nor interests me.

I don't believe hel be a villa player come the end of summer regardless.

What you two on about? All I'm saying is nobody has questioned the amount of truth in the new baby claims. It's the same paper/journalism that everyone is very quick to right off when they indicate delph might be leaving. There's no consistency in people's arguments is what I'm suggesting.

The fact of whether delph and his wife are having a baby or not neither concerns nor interests me.

But.... why would they make up a story about him having a baby? 

no i agree, for one thing he'll be too young and probably just end up pooping himself and crying in the opposition half all game or playing with the flags.

Edited by VillanousOne

I'm not suggesting they are. But why would they make up a story about a clause?

Have the club confirmed or denied either?

Oh I see what you're saying, fwiw I think there's a very good chance there is a clause. 

Oh I see what you're saying, fwiw I think there's a very good chance there is a clause.

Me 2.

I also think Delph's staying behind to support his Mrs through child birth. Think there's ample of truth in all of what is currently suggested in the media About him.

He could probably get still get a reasonable amount of game-time as a squad player at City - Pellegrini rotates quite regularly. Lampard made 38 appearences last season (I'd guess maybe half of those were starts).

Because one of these stories helps sell newspapers. CLUE: It isn't the one about Delph's missus. 

EDIT: I honestly don't understand why you mentioned his girlfriend's pregnancy. There is obviously no reason to question the veracity of that story. But football rumours prove to be bullshit every single day. If you can't see why these two things aren't similar . . . 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Agreed. Only thing I'm not sure on are the reports that Delph will be happy to be a squad player at City. Doesn't strike me as his character at all willingly sitting on the bench.

It's amazing what money can achieve.

Although I am hopeful.  A few people have said the same to me about having his head turned and that he is on his way to City.

To summarise

- we have a fan who spoke to him where he was pretty damn well adamant he was staying and that he loved the club

- Trent, probably the most ITK person on here, saying he doesn't think he will be going anywhere

- Another well connected person, Drunkenbum, saying no relegation clause and not leaving

- Another person who has spoken to a current player who has also said no clause and not leaving

- Couple of other posters and people not on here who have been pretty spot on with info have said he is leaving and Man City have come in with a pretty sweet deal and he has had his head turned

- Lots of journalists mostly reliable who have said £8m clause and that he is going.

Guess we will see sooner or later.

Â