Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

have met the lad a few times in hong kong.... very nice, albeit very quiet.... just gets on with his thing - have never got the sense that he was in any way arrogant, just that he sits and watches everything going on around him.... however, when it comes to game time, he was always there to play... after the game was always polite to my lad and had a friendly word, even if it didn't come as naturally to him as some of the other youngsters...

at the end of the day, he's a footballer, and he should be judged by that.... the fact is you have natural leaders like ciaran in that group, lads that will always come and spend time with the fans, like wee barry and sharky, and the cheeky chappies who you know are always ready to put their bodies on the line like andi weimannn... some will make it and some won't, but you always hope that its their performance on the pitch that they're judged for...

• Like 1

I think you've hit the nail on the head here, I do think he's a shy bloke and that can sometimes be misinterpreted as arrogance.

have met the lad a few times in hong kong.... very nice, albeit very quiet.... just gets on with his thing - have never got the sense that he was in any way arrogant, just that he sits and watches everything going on around him.... however, when it comes to game time, he was always there to play... after the game was always polite to my lad and had a friendly word, even if it didn't come as naturally to him as some of the other youngsters...

I think you've hit the nail on the head here, I do think he's a shy bloke and that can sometimes be misinterpreted as arrogance.

I thought that when I saw him doing autographs after the Everton game. He looked shit scared. He comes across as shy to me. When he plays he looks like he is going to cry. 

Edited by praisedmambo

I thought that when I saw him doing autographs after the Everton game. He looked shit scared. He comes across as shy to me. When he plays he looks like he is going to cry. 

Yep, like I say only an assumption but he does seems that way. I've alluded to it before in how it effects his game in the sense he lacks the ruthlessness a striker needs.

Why does it bother people if our players are arrogant , many

top sports people are arrogant and have tons of self belief, you need it to

compete at the top level. 

more true of individual sports though really. i can think of a lot of great footballers who are team players.

Has anyone else noticed when he has done interviews for AVTV in the past, when ever he answers a question he can never look at the camera for more than 3 seconds. He is constantly looking upwards, to the left & right and downwards. A tell tale sign of a shy person. 

Here's two examples:

Edited by KjParton

You are way over-analysing Delboy.

He doesn't sound shy to me, those interviews convince me the opposite. Sounds like an engaging chap.

The looking around thing is what a lot of people do when first have a camera thrust in front of them. It's not that easy to think and stare in one place at the same time.

His interview technique will improve.

The lads had a lot of pressure on him from a very young age... He came in scored a cracker against Litex (iirc) and then got likend to Henry (All he said was that he was his idol).

I think give him this pre-season and try to give him a good run in the side, it's hard at the moment with Tekkers, Gabby, Weimann and Bent in his way.

This summer should we stay up Bent will go and with the chance of Tekkers Leaving (=( ) he could get a chance... Has he actually had a run of games where he plays 60-90mins?

Also I do think if "that" shot against the Scum had gone in he would have had the confidence to carry it on...

Lastly with his style of "nochalant" play, he kind of reminds me of Pierre Van Hoijjdonk... The potential is there Imo just got to try and unleash it properly... Lambert can do that I think... Would be nice to have Fonzy, Gabby, Albrighton, Baker, Clark and Gardner all playing well and being main players for us...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i7i8bxWOK0

Just looked at his stats and he's only started 39 games in his entire club career and has scored 17 goals ( obviously he's made quite a few sub appearances ).

I'm still not convinced he's the real deal but I certainly wouldn't want to write him off just yet

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else noticed when he has done interviews for AVTV in the past, when ever he answers a question he can never look at the camera for more than 3 seconds. He is constantly looking upwards, to the left & right and downwards. A tell tale sign of a shy person. 

Here's two examples:

It's a sign of arrogance

Tony Pullis does it too

Â