Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Out of Delfouneso's English peers at centre forward, in his age group, Wickham, Sordell, Zaha and Ince, right now I'd only rather have Zaha or Ince.

Ince and Zaha are more-like wingers than strikers though, which means in Delfouneso we potentially have the best English striker of that generation.

Edited by Con

Out of Delfouneso's English peers at centre forward, in his age group, Wickham, Sordell, Zaha and Ince, right now I'd only rather have Zaha or Ince.

Ince and Zaha are more-like wingers than strikers though, which means in Delfouneso we potentially have the best English striker of that generation.

Welbeck? Sturridge?

zaha looked very good there. good to see fonz get on the scoresheet, and interesting to see in terms of minutes on the pitch he's got 1 in 3 from mostly playing wide at blackpool. his next pre season with us will be very big in terms of what colour shirt he has on next year.

Welbeck? Sturridge?

Carroll, Rhodes?

I think there's something left to be desired from the romanian defenders when it comes to marking. But well taken goal from Delfouneso. But I've personally given up on the boy by now.

Also noticed that nobody really celebrates with him, and he doesn't really seem to congratulate anyone else. He does seem to have an attitude and billy big balls mentality

Thought of that too. I thought that either it's because all the players felt that the game was already won or because no one really likes him. Not good to have a "Balotelli attitude" when you're not as good as him. Not saying he's as extreme as Balotelli. I'll probably get sticks because of this anyway.

Imo, Bowery has a much, much better level of workrate. Delfouneso may be the better finisher, but I reckon Lambert would prefer another Weimann to another Bent.

Surely if Jordan Bowery gets opportunities to wear the shirt then there's still a chance for Nathan.

I know who I'd rather have in the squad.

I would say the exact opposite, if the manager is giving opportunities to the likes of Bowery ahead of him there is no chance for him here as the manager must not rate him in the slightest.

And not managers have done in the last couple of years. Didn't play much for Houllier or AML, and KMac, who'd coached him for years in the reserves, preferred Weimann before him.

Â