Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Yeah he is 20 and no doubt the management will give him at least another year or two to show he is capable of playing for Aston Villa. He's improved a lot recently anyway and rejecting loan bids, yet sending the likes of Weimann out shows how highly we rate him.

complete waste on the wing

and yet he was still better than the other two clowns who were in the front 3

heskey should have been dragged, he was the most ineffective ive ever seen him in a villa shirt, and thats saying something

He would be okay on the wing if we gave him anything to run onto or put the ball at his feet quickly, looks really pissed off with the lack of team passing ability, I just think he wants to be a part of everything going forward and playing with Gabby and Heskey is enough to drive anyone mad.

Needed to come back and support but in reality he is a striker who loves going forward, whereas Heskey is a striker who would love to have the fitness to get forward.

His off the ball movement puts Gabby and Heskey (and Carew when he was here) to shame. I think the lad really does have what it takes to go far, if he's given the opportunity. Much better player than this time last year despite the lack of chances.

His off the ball movement puts Gabby and Heskey (and Carew when he was here) to shame. I think the lad really does have what it takes to go far, if he's given the opportunity. Much better player than this time last year despite the lack of chances.

Not too difficult though. At one point Clark made a better attacking run into their box than gabby and heskey did all match.

He reminds me of Bent in that aspect. People question Bent's ability on the ball at international level but it's the positions he gets himself into that make him score so many goals and would be the same at any level. I see the same think with Delfouneso that is missing from Gabby's game. It would be interesting how many goals Bent and Delfouneso would score between them if we went 4-4-2 with two decent wingers.

He reminds me of Bent in that aspect. People question Bent's ability on the ball at international level but it's the positions he gets himself into that make him score so many goals and would be the same at any level. I see the same think with Delfouneso that is missing from Gabby's game. It would be interesting how many goals Bent and Delfouneso would score between them if we went 4-4-2 with two decent wingers.

Exactly this is my point of view.

Delfouneso was poor on Wednesday I thought. Then again I don't blame him as he should have been up front.

I agree. Like a number of players he looks out of sorts in an unfamiliar position. Frustrating thing is that there was no need for either Delfouneso or Gabby to be playing right/left midfield/wing with Ash, Downing and Albrighton sat on the bench.

Of course another obvious option if you do insist on playing more than one striker is to not stick rigidly to one up top.

I'm just staggered he's been warming the bench for 2 years now with the odd run out in cups and sometimes the league and he's never been loaned out once.

Do we as a club sometimes hold onto young players when they should be going out on loan? Wenger said last season reserve team football isn't really a huge test for young players nowadays, they need to be playing proper games against league teams which mean something.

Delfouneso seems like he has been very unlucky here, he is caught between good enough to be considered part of the squad but not good enough to get the game time he needs to push on. Its a shame because he really seems like the type of player who would get goals when given a run of games at the front.

Delfouneso seems like he has been very unlucky here, he is caught between good enough to be considered part of the squad but not good enough to get the game time he needs to push on. Its a shame because he really seems like the type of player who would get goals when given a run of games at the front.

That about says it imo.

Â