Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Assuming I retire sometime around my 60th birthday, that's now only 1059 days away.

If I take out bank holidays, annual leave and weekends, that means only 850 working days! :thumb:

Not that I'm counting or anything.

time.jpg

Assuming I retire sometime around my 60th birthday, that's now only 1059 days away.

If I take out bank holidays, annual leave and weekends, that means only 850 working days! :thumb:

Not that I'm counting or anything.

time.jpg

Until you come back in a few trillion years and have to start all over ! :winkold:

chinooks!

watched two fly over today, awesome piece of kit. Not terribly environmentally aware of me, but should I ever become the richest person on the planet I will travel mostly by chromed chinook.

I thinks Chinooks are ugly, clumsy-looking things. Most helicopters are, in fact. Push comes to shove, I prefer the Huey.

totally agree

big, cumbersome, mad noisy, lumpy bumpy with poor fuel economy compared with my current car.....but somehow the kid in me just think's they're great

though admittedly I wouldn't want to end up in duel against the Huey

Chinook's are ace. Up there with the A10 Thunderbolt/Tank Buster :thumb:

I was stationed at RAF Akrotiri for a few years and every now and again I managed to blag my way onto one of the training days the crabs participated in ( when Flight crews needed passengers for a particular exercise etc . )

There was one occasion where I was "rescued" from a beach in a Sea King and dropped off on a mountain top . 20 minutes later a Lynx collected us and took us to a different mountain top where finally a Chinook came and returned us to camp !

3 different choppers in one day and enjoyed every minute of it . I mention this because after that I declared the Chinook the greatest vehicle of any description that I'd ever been in ! I was blown away by how manoeuvreable they are considering their size. Our super skilled ARMY AIR CORPS pilot had us upside down , skimming the ocean on it's side with the back door open , upside down over a mountain and all sorts !!! It was awesome and far more pants filling than any roller coaster.

In comparison the RAF pilots were rather dull in their tiddly choppers and overly cautious flying styles!!

A Chinook in hands of a squaddie and not a crab > anything else in the universe .

Amazing bit of kit and Im buzzing just remembering TBH !!

They're not the stealthiest things going though .....You hear the beasts long before you see them

:D

New Vessels album with bonus CD was waiting for me in the letter box when I got home.

I can't really express in words what this means to me, so instead I made an oversized self-emoticon to represent my feelings upon the discovery...

OMFG.png

Chinook's are ace. Up there with the A10 Thunderbolt/Tank Buster :thumb:

A10's are probably the greatest invention ever. Just one, huge gun (GAU 8 ) with wings attached. I saw one of the rounds at an airshow once, and it must have been a foot long.

Â