Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I always look forward to Magic Light's excellent annual TV adaptations of the Julia Donaldson children's books (The Gruffalo, Stick Man, etc., etc.) 

This year they are finally doing the one I had hoped for last year (instead of the slightly disappointing Superworm) - Tabby McTat. 

The nerd in me is particularly impressed by the attention to small details - the old guy is even fingering the correct guitar chords: 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

the old guy is even fingering the correct guitar chords:

Skim-read that post. Something about a cat and an old man fingering something. Specsavers visit required for me, I think. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Skim-read that post. Something about a cat and an old man fingering something. Specsavers visit required for me, I think. 

I was half expecting a Kenneth, tbh. 

Edited by mjmooney

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I always look forward to Magic Light's excellent annual TV adaptations of the Julia Donaldson children's books (The Gruffalo, Stick Man, etc., etc.) 

This year they are finally doing the one I had hoped for last year (instead of the slightly disappointing Superworm) - Tabby McTat. 

The nerd in me is particularly impressed by the attention to small details - the old guy is even fingering the correct guitar chords: 

Looks good, but doesn't it basically show the whole show/plot in the trailer. For the folks who don't know the story. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

Looks good, but doesn't it basically show the whole show/plot in the trailer. For the folks who don't know the story. 

Well, naturally - it's a trailer! 

They generally stick closely to the book, adding in lots of extra detail. 

On 15/12/2023 at 11:23, mjmooney said:

When you read the books to the grand children do you stick to one book and complete it or read 4 simultaneously and switch between them ? :) 

Edit- following the  @mjmooney confused  click -  I thought from comments years ago you had a habit of reading 3 or 4 books simultaneously  , or have you stopped doing that ? 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Confused 1

I went to the Costa Drive Thru on my way to work this morning for a coffee and a sausage bap.

The wait was quite long. When I got to the window the guy apologised for the wait and told me he'd put an extra sachet of ketchup in there for my wait.

I don't know if it was a very dry, clever joke that he delivered completely deadpan, or whether he though a completely unnecessary extra sachet of ketchup would actually be of benefit, but either way I laughed out loud as I drove off.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I went to the Costa Drive Thru on my way to work this morning for a coffee and a sausage bap.

The wait was quite long. When I got to the window the guy apologised for the wait and told me he'd put an extra sachet of ketchup in there for my wait.

I don't know if it was a very dry, clever joke that he delivered completely deadpan, or whether he though a completely unnecessary extra sachet of ketchup would actually be of benefit, but either way I laughed out loud as I drove off.

That's what you get for going to the drive thru you Lazy bastard.

• Haha 4

Â