Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, Xela said:

An AI bot used to push country music and motorhome holidays. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Have you considered a country music theme break in East Anglia, there are so many wonderful accommodation options available such as RVs. 

I was looking on Google maps the other day at a factory one of my clients has on the outskirts of Los Angeles. On the other side of the road was what I assumed was an RV sales lot. But when I went to street view I realised it was an actual RV park where people actually were living. 

You forget this is a genuine thing over there. I assume what they save on homes they can spend on machine guns FTW. 

Edited by sidcow

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Started in on topic, moved to off topic, after a couple of years I lost all interest in football and it's sadly never returned. 

I have mentioned it before and I assume people thought I was joking. My hope is that on topic people don't read this and give me shit about it. 

BOOOOOOO

VILLA TILL I DIE

VILLA TILL I DIE 

I know I am I am sure I am

i am Villa till I die 

😉

On 06/11/2023 at 21:43, VILLAMARV said:

Scoring a backheel goal in my weekly kick about that I have no right in scoring. :)

I'll be seeing that one in my dreams tonight.

Last time I played football I scored with  a flying volley that hit the underside of the crossbar on its way in. 
Broke. 2 ribs on landing and retired.

Anyone who had ever seen me play football would not believe it possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My youngest lad just apologising for the rant last night and the rather colourful name he called me at just gone midnight when he announced he was going out and we would not let him. ‘sorry dad, on reflection, you were right and only thinking of me’ 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

My youngest lad just apologising for the rant last night and the rather colourful name he called me at just gone midnight when he announced he was going out and we would not let him. ‘sorry dad, on reflection, you were right and only thinking of me’ 

That exact scenario happened with me and my younger daughter when she was a teenager. Same result. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

"Faaack off you no good muggy caaannnt or i'll open you up"

Must take after his old man ;)

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

"Faaack off you no good muggy caaannnt or i'll open you up"

Must take after his old man ;)

Told him ‘don’t go all lemon on me san’

All sorted now anyway, off out for a double double with liquor, chilli vinegar and a side of eels before the game, laveerrly 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Anthony said:

One of the joys of not owning a car, is that when you need one you hire one, and picking up the car is like new car day. That day is today.

Wait till you go pick up that little Ford Fiesta and they haven't got one, so give you a free upgrade, feels like winning the lottery. 😂

22 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Wait till you go pick up that little Ford Fiesta and they haven't got one, so give you a free upgrade, feels like winning the lottery. 😂

Ooh, yeah. Sixt are good for upgrades, but they're often the most expensive by a good margin. I remember they came out cheapest once, and they upgraded me to a Jag. Didn't smell of small heath thankfully.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Anthony said:

Ooh, yeah. Sixt are good for upgrades, but they're often the most expensive by a good margin. I remember they came out cheapest once, and they upgraded me to a Jag. Didn't smell of small heath thankfully.

As an office we used to do hire cars and I’d always request some modest little automatic. Without fail, literally every time, I’d wake up in the morning and parked outside would be a Jag or a Range Rover. After about 2 years or more they contacted us and said we couldn’t order small autos we had to order luxury.

So we bought our own couple of pool cars.

I don’t ‘own’ a car as such, I lease, and it does feel like I don’t have to care about residuals or the date on the number plate, MOT’s, tax, any of that. It’s just like having a permanently available hire car. Even the date for renewal, I just pick a new car then keep the existing car until one day some day the new one turns up outside the house and a man takes away the old one.

Cars as white goods not penises, its the future.

Been oot and aboot today knocking off a bit of Christmas shopping and it included stumbling across a poncey new trinkets shop down one of the arcades and they had Keith Brymer Jones cups and mugs. I’ve wanted one for a couple of years, so that’s now tucked away waiting for Santa to wrap it and I can be surprised on Chrimbo morning. 

Â