Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 04/03/2022 at 18:20, Xela said:

Liz Hurley's instagram 

I know she's an attention seeker but man alive! She's 56 😍

Never been that keen after I saw some nudes of her a few years back and she had an horrendous hairy chuff.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I work in a tech company, and have to deal with someone who always reports problem by taking a screenshot of the issue...then pasting that screenshot into Word, then taking a screenshot of word (the whole page, including all the menus and crap), then pasting that screenshot into Teams. It's not a one off, she does it all the time.

They didn't take the hint when I'd say things like "it's really hard to read when the actual bit we want is about a third of the screenshot hidden in a big Word document", so I got a bit more passive aggressive. I responded to a problem this evening by hand-writing a response on a piece of paper, placing that piece of paper up on a notice board, taking  a photo of the whole notice board, putting that picture into Word, taking a photo of that, putting *that* up on the notice board, and attaching the resulting image into Teams.

"There's no need to be so unprofessional". 

Why do they do it?

On 05/03/2022 at 10:29, Rds1983 said:

The 4 year old went to his 3rd ever football class today. He spent the first 35 odd minutes completely ignoring the instructor, spinning in circles, not getting involved and generally either standing still or moving at a snails pace. At this point he suddenly got the ball, dribbled about 3/4 of the little pitch and smashed the ball past the keeper into the back of the net and looked really proud of himself. His little face lit up when he looked over to me and I cheered him on and told him how well he'd done. 

Hide contents

Unfortunately it was ruined slightly when the Dad next to me leaned over and said "shame that was an own goal." 

When my daughter was that age she was in a program where they'd use fun games to teach concepts and skills and would always finish the session with ~5 minutes of scrimmage.  She never showed much interest and just jogged nonchalantly around the inevitable cluster of gung ho kids who surrounded the ball.  On one occasion, and only that one time, she would pounce on the ball each time it bounced out to the edge of the mob and sprint with it and expertly put it in the net.  She scored like 4 goals that day and another parent commented, "There goes the star forward again" on one of her runs.   I thought maybe that would get her fired up going forward, but no, it was a one time thing.  Back to jogging in circles the next week.   She had managed to score in the correct goal, though.

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I work in a tech company, and have to deal with someone who always reports problem by taking a screenshot of the issue...then pasting that screenshot into Word, then taking a screenshot of word (the whole page, including all the menus and crap), then pasting that screenshot into Teams. It's not a one off, she does it all the time.

There was a problem with a booking in our place over the weekend, it didn't behave as it should have done. Despite us saying thousands (and I mean thousands) of times in the last 12 years that people need to send us the booking number, the member of staff reporting this issue (note it was his colleague that experienced the issue - so y'know chinese whispers has started) chose to put the booking on screen, take a photo with his camera (Christ if you're going down this route there's a button on your keyboard FFS!), then sent the photo from his camera by email to his work email address (Just want to shoot him now)

And after doing all that, what did his f***ing photo miss out? Yep, not only the time and date of the booking but also the BOOKING NUMBER!

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

There was a problem with a booking in our place over the weekend, it didn't behave as it should have done. Despite us saying thousands (and I mean thousands) of times in the last 12 years that people need to send us the booking number, the member of staff reporting this issue (note it was his colleague that experienced the issue - so y'know chinese whispers has started) chose to put the booking on screen, take a photo with his camera (Christ if you're going down this route there's a button on your keyboard FFS!), then sent the photo from his camera by email to his work email address (Just want to shoot him now)

And after doing all that, what did his f***ing photo miss out? Yep, not only the time and date of the booking but also the BOOKING NUMBER!

My OH has to deal with people who want to complain about their neighbours making too much noise, but then they won’t tell her the address for fear of being found out as a grass. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

My OH has to deal with people who want to complain about their neighbours making too much noise, but then they won’t tell her the address for fear of being found out as a grass. 

We get the same with complaints about drivers, they won't give us the booking details

• Like 1

On 03/03/2022 at 19:07, sidcow said:

Shefali Oza showing a lot of cleavage on the weather forecast just now 🍆

Definitely one of the things I miss most about living in Birmingham. 

6 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Sitting in the back garden in the autumn sun eating cherry tomatoes whilst proudly surveying the plant I successfully grew them from for the first time 😁

DURRRR BRAIN ALERT. 🤤🤤🤤

IT'S SPRING YOU STUPID KNOBHEAD. 

• Haha 3

Another win - my car insurance renewal quote has come through... £125 cheaper than last year! Thats a good starting point. 

• Like 3

On 11/03/2022 at 13:50, Xela said:

Another win - my car insurance renewal quote has come through... £125 cheaper than last year! Thats a good starting point. 

The new law change will have had an effect now

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

New TV advert for GWR adventure, lovely looking advert with superb drawing, marvellously done.

dsgkndsgnj.jpg

Here's something will very rarely see me say. Thats a great advert

Â