Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Hung on all day, hearing reports of supermarket madness, and went at 7. Been back at home for 15 mins or so. Got everything I needed, got through the check out, and got home pretty much pain free. Time for an ale and some chocolate.  

• Like 1

On 12/22/2016 at 09:55, mjmooney said:

These names won't mean much to most of you, but social media means it's a great era for music fans of a certain age. In the space of a week I've had a FB friend request from Nick Garrie (most obscure name here, but Xann might recognise), a like from Simon Nicol, a PM from Gretchen Peters, a promise of a pint from Tom Russell, and my picture in a Big Big Train live album. 

Wasn't Simon Nicol associated with Fairport and Richard Thompson?

10 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Wasn't Simon Nicol associated with Fairport and Richard Thompson?

Yep, that's him. The only founder member of Fairport still in the band. 

19 hours ago, Xela said:

Brilliant

The one that got me was that White Van Karl bit where they were talking about square cans in Sainsburys.

"That'll be interesting for meatballs!" - Gervais could barely breathe!

Haha!

Yes that bit was hilarious!

7 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

The online boobs advent calendar that has been doing the rounds. Absolutely magnificent. 

(Easily found on Twitter by going to the handle: @_pandix_) 

Thanks for sharing :o :D:wub:

Just need to pop up to the shed for a moment of 2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Yep. I actually suffer severely from post Christmas blues. 

Do you Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day? When the kids start singing, and the band begins to play? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Yep. I actually suffer severely from post Christmas blues. 

Same here mate. Once Boxing Day is over I gradually get worse. I always Find New Year's Eve and day depressing then the night before you start back to work is horrible. It only takes one day back at work to sort me out though.

I think its just the fact that January is a dull month so everyone feels down. Most people are back at work, there is no bank holidays until Easter and its just the realisation that it starts all over again.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I think its just the fact that January is a dull month so everyone feels down. Most people are back at work, there is no bank holidays until Easter and its just the realisation that it starts all over again.

And the weather is shit. 

Â