Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Just now, mjmooney said:

I'm surprised Postman Pat doesn't wear a red polo shirt and a pair of shorts. 

30 years of sussing if post is a birthday card from nan, he can afford to dress quite smartly.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

From the TV series, Postman Pat, Jeff Pringle and his son, Charlie Pringle:

C1Ag3zXWEAIZe1Z.jpg

Prince Charles and Prince Harry?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Jeremy Irons reading the complete works of T. S. Eliot on Radio 4. 

Hmm, I've given it a try a couple of times through the course of the day. Just too monotone a delivery for me.

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Hmm, I've given it a try a couple of times through the course of the day. Just too monotone a delivery for me.

I like it. I have somewhere a recording of Eliot himself reading The Waste Land and the Four Quartets. It's awful; he sounds like Spike Milligan. 

Wise choice @chrisp65

I had a similar dilemma. Listen to the Villa or scrape my undercarriage over a cheesegrater. Luckily I chose the least painful.

Anyone got any plasters?

• Like 2

sad thing is, part of me put that up to tempt fate

I'd happily have people laugh at my choice to stay home when 11 miles down the road Villa smack 6 wonder goals in the second half

sadly, I think I'm safe with my choice as it stands

back at home now, laying on the floor, headphones on, listening to music and following the game on twitter..,

wife making a chocolate cake bordered with chocolate fingers, she said if I'm lucky I might get a chocolate finger later

she has no idea how funny she is

• Like 3

My mother in law who has been here since it seems ages, over 2 weeks for the Christmas period goes home on Thursday.  I have had to watch more casualty and holby city in the last 2 weeks than I have in the preceding 15 years.

• Like 3

Â